Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

T5
November 13, 2014 10:04PM
I'll be changing out a 1998 S-10 4cyl T5 next week, front bearing noisy and a couple hundred thousand miles on it. Any good for anything to anyone or scrap pile?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
SteveL
Steve Leitch
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Can't decide which to use...

Re: T5
November 13, 2014 11:30PM
heymagic
I'll be changing out a 1998 S-10 4cyl T5 next week, front bearing noisy and a couple hundred thousand miles on it. Any good for anything to anyone or scrap pile?

If it's anything like the S-10 T5 I'll be changing out a-fuckin-gain, for the third time next week.
Do everyone a favor, scrap that fucker...

SteveL
This is the point in the killing spree when you really should turn the gun on yourself
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 14, 2014 01:48AM
SteveL
heymagic

If it's anything like the S-10 T5 I'll be changing out a-fuckin-gain, for the third time next week.

Holy crap!! What is messing up? This one must have 250k on it, wreckers have a couple showing 100k. Truck isn't worth fixing but the owners really wants to. Have you gone to velcro fasteners yet?
Clayto
Clayton McCrary
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
XRatty purchased. Now build it!!

November 14, 2014 01:27PM
They are made of plastic . recycle that junk!
SteveL
Steve Leitch
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Can't decide which to use...

November 15, 2014 12:17AM
heymagic
SteveL
heymagic

Holy crap!! What is messing up? This one must have 250k on it, wreckers have a couple showing 100k. Truck isn't worth fixing but the owners really wants to. Have you gone to velcro fasteners yet?

I've gotten to the point where I can swap a 4WD T5 before lunch, good ones are getting harder
to find. I'm trying to talk the boss into letting me rebuild this one. Touble is, it ties up the lift
for two days... As for what's fucking up, third gear seems to be the weak link, it's crunchy...

SteveL
This is the point in the killing spree when you really should turn the gun on yourself
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 15, 2014 10:06AM
Ugh..4wd sure complicates the process too. If you saw the condition of this old truck you'd laugh hysterically, it is so tired and worn out. I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login