wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

Ascona (1900) race car on Portland cl
January 28, 2015 12:41AM
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4865088756.html

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
I really have one and use it.

Re: Ascona (1900) race car on Portland cl
January 31, 2015 07:27PM
My (personal) problem with thinking this is pretty cool,

(other than the sooo tired) :
"If It ONLY wassnt wink wink on the LeFt Coast haharr .. more like "If I wasn't just a dreamer/internet racer, and I lived in same same neighborhood as the seller, and he took bitcoin, and and the guy cut price in half..., and if I had somewhere to keep it, and I had a real toolbox full of real banged up/greezy spanners to work on it, and if I had balls enough to drive something less han perfect... but no. ..and yadda blah yadda..
"then I'd lowball the guy, and then fuck yeah, I'd brag on some forum somewhere that I STOLEZ it and yeahh.. "n
ff:

"....then after 9 years I'd bitch cause it wasn't still 100% FIA legal, never actually do anything with it.." and get my money back at BarrettJackson in spades.. hell, $3k back in 2015 is like, one whole camel now, plus some Yen to get a burka bikini for the 'ol Lady... yeah man, kewl. kewl. "
GLWS!!! -Jester Bullshit Lurker, Jr.

lmao.

eek. wait a sec.

* This opening statement, by the (I'm assuming, but it is Portlandia ) Gentleman,
states the reason for sale :

"I have a new project on the way and the wife says I can only have one."

- get. new. wife... , or get wife a racecar. Or something. She obviously tolerates that car, so maybe stack them vertically or something~ get creative man..

keep car, upgrade wife or storage capacity. A Good car cover and some urgency is cheeper than new car,? I hope.

I once kept a car project in a garage until they impounded it and tow bill /storage from city was a fraction of what the storage would have been... then took car to different long-term storage... did that for a year and came out better that a stotre-it-yerself bill for 12 months. I liked it.

This is just unacceptable to me that there are PNW racer-men living under these gastly conditions... just horrible <shakes head and wrinkled forehead>

and also troubling to me is this next statement by the seller :

" I've owned this car for the last 5 years and it has been garaged almost the whole time. .. "

- well I can relate to that... nonetheless, that is always sad if your only project and you don't work 80 hrs a week delivering granola on your bicycle or hacking NORAD, or a Logger with Nike boots, or a hootowl watcher or whatever this dude does lol .. and that doesn't go with statement #one at all. Only one project and no touch in 5 years, ouch. Hope the incoming car is 2015 legal braaa.

lol.

My wife is from Oregon you Duckmen, so take a joke and don't start the flaming me or I'll put a shirt and shoes on and we can have an internet-tractor-pull.

Wilson, you certainly have a knack for finding shit I like : WVK: Internet Rallye Project Consultant. Match.rallycar winking smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 08:52PM by Yellowhammer.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Mod Moderator

January 31, 2015 07:31PM
I love your take on portland. I am currently out of granola, and the store is within biking distance...
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 31, 2015 07:39PM
OOooOeee,

it appears there is Unicycle parking available on the boot of this car.
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 31, 2015 07:49PM
dirtyunicycles.gov ?

or maybe it's Aztec or Inca...

groovy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 07:50PM by Yellowhammer.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 31, 2015 08:44PM
Yellowhammer
My (personal) problem with thinking this is pretty cool,

(other than the sooo tired) :
"If I wasn't just a dreamer/internet racer, and lived in same same neighborhood, and the guy cut price in half and I had somewhere to keep it, and had a real toolbox with for real banged up/greezy spanners, and some balls enough to drive something less han perfect, and yadda blah yadda.. then I'd lowball the guy, and fuck yeah I'd then brag on some forum that I ripped him off.. then after 9 years I'd bitch cause it wasn't still 100% legal and then never actually do anything with it.." yeah man, kewl. kewl.

lmao.

eek.

..This opening statement by the (I'm assuming, but it is Portlandia ) Gentleman,
he says this :

"I have a new project on the way and the wife says I can only have one."

- get. new. wife... , or get wife a racecar. Or something. She obviously tolerates that car, maybe stack them vertically or something get creative man..

This is just unacceptable to me that there are PNW racer-men living under these gastly conditions... just horrible <shakes head and wrinkled forehead>

and also troubling to me is this next statement by the seller :

" I've owned this car for the last 5 years and it has been garaged almost the whole time. .. "

- well I can relate to that... nonetheless, that is always sad if your only project and you don't work 80 hrs a week delivering granola on your bicycle or hacking NORAD, or a Logger with Nike boots, or a hootowl watcher or whatever this dude does lol .. and that doesn't go with statement #one at all. Only one project and no touch in 5 years, ouch. Hope the incoming car is 2015 legal braaa.

lol.

My wife is from Oregon you Duckmen, so take a joke and don't start the flaming me or I'll put a shirt and shoes on and we can have an internet-tractor-pull.

Wilson, you certainly have a knack for finding shit I like : WVK: Internet Rallye Project Consultant. Match.rallycar winking smiley

Plus Juan..
Free beer for YOU!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 31, 2015 08:54PM
edited for more funny and less inside joke...
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 31, 2015 09:07PM
Someone who has never seen a car carrier before doesn't understand why Wilson would be looking in Portland for shit...
lol.

but, man... That's a long drive home from OR to TN, W better pack some granola bars for that loud ride back. What kinda Highway MPG you think that Old Pile gets?

Granola bars, Ipod, sleeping bag, crystal meth, gascard, potato chips, Prep-H, and some books on 8-track tape... could be done in say 76.5 hours, total inc. drive to ATL fly to Dallas, layover, then to Portland.. drive back. Oh, and bring wifi hotspot with you to find parts to grab in CO on the way back. Yeah, Jalopnik would send you some stickers for that story!

Cmon Wilson, you p-p-pussy. go get it. That's right up yer alley and you know it.

* $4200-4500, -delivered to Chattanooga from Portland. should be able to punch in your zip code and have something like that pop-up. The Rally Car delivery App...

"I see you are trying to ship a car across land... Can I, the rally paperclip, help you ? lol.

I shipped a car (no rush on pickup or del) from Redding, CA to Huntsville, AL for $1250 in 2011. Probably 1500+ now, but with diesel way down, now is the time to ship cross-country I guess.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 10:06PM by Yellowhammer.
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 31, 2015 10:18PM
if you're gonna pay over a grand to ship, + don't have re-do the cage :

http://www.rally24.com/rally-cars-for-sale/peugeot-gti-37110.html

1. Pug or something better for 1800-2500 euros that's importable (1990 old enough?) , + shipping from England to ? with all spares in shipping container.. waay closer to rallying , if not runnable as-is,

vs.

2. 4k, maybe 3500 for this Asconee + Shipping from OR to ? .

hmmm. I think about stuff like this more and more....
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 31, 2015 10:27PM
damn. http://www.rally24.com/rally-cars-for-sale/audi-quattro-36945.html

how much is 10k euros right now ?
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

February 04, 2015 05:56PM
Yellowhammer
damn. http://www.rally24.com/rally-cars-for-sale/audi-quattro-36945.html

how much is 10k euros right now ?

$11,306.35

oi. 2.2 20v, cage, done.

Wilson... Im done whoring up yer thread.
but damn, wow.
11k for a old quattro just wow.
shit, I might be up to that much money I've dumped over the last 6-7 years in a pos Rabbit GTI that I have a love/hate relationship with )>

after the telethon, then Dowton Abbey : 'This Old Track Car'...next on PBS. sad smiley

slams head on the desk. sigh.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

February 05, 2015 06:37AM
Off your meds Barnett?

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Yellowhammer
John Barnett
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

February 05, 2015 03:51PM
Don't have any... but lol might be a good idea.

I gotta 'turn my crazy up to 11' when I come to a rally forum. heehee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login