Buy, Sell & Trade
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

AWD Turbo Celica, Calgary, Caged, $1000 Canadian Pesos (Not Mine)

Posted by ElectroTech 
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

AWD Turbo Celica, Calgary, Caged, $1000 Canadian Pesos (Not Mine)
November 16, 2015 09:04PM
Kijiji Celica
Texted him to see if he has a log book.
Anyone recognize the car?
Names on the window, maybe someone can pick it out on something better than my iPad,

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 09:07PM by ElectroTech.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

Re: AWD Turbo Celica, Calgary, Caged, $1000 Canadian Pesos (Not Mine)
November 16, 2015 09:16PM
Saw this about the car on another forum

Cars logbook, don't remember if we put in the roof bar or not, but that's the most it needs to be legal.
Jdm st185 engine in it now with air to air intercooler, needs wiring as the car was getting haltech, either swap it from the parts car or get standalone, some spares, some goodies lik TRD diffs
Complete alltrack st165 street car - motor dead, forgot what happened but most likely gone
John got himself prepered Sti that needs lots of work so his attention is elsewhere.

I gather it was last rallied quite a while ago.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

November 16, 2015 09:36PM
ALS FTW
Saw this about the car on another forum

Cars logbook, don't remember if we put in the roof bar or not, but that's the most it needs to be legal.
Jdm st185 engine in it now with air to air intercooler, needs wiring as the car was getting haltech, either swap it from the parts car or get standalone, some spares, some goodies lik TRD diffs
Complete alltrack st165 street car - motor dead, forgot what happened but most likely gone
John got himself prepered Sti that needs lots of work so his attention is elsewhere.

I gather it was last rallied quite a while ago.
What other forum?
Your signature says looking........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 09:36PM by ElectroTech.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

November 16, 2015 09:55PM
burried in a calgary club thread

http://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/cochrane-rally/rally-racing/msg71228/?topicseen#new

not looking for a celica project car.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

November 17, 2015 06:26PM
Project Binky donor!!!

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

November 17, 2015 06:39PM
can't wait for the binky finale'

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

November 17, 2015 09:00PM
ALS FTW
burried in a calgary club thread

http://cscc.speedracer.ca/forums/cochrane-rally/rally-racing/msg71228/?topicseen#new

not looking for a celica project car.
What kind of car are you looking for?

ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

November 18, 2015 08:37PM
ElectroTech

Knowing what you don't want is not the same as knowing what you want.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 19, 2015 01:55AM
ALS FTW
ElectroTech

Knowing what you don't want is not the same as knowing what you want.

That wasn't the question asked, Donkey..

Why can't you be honest and show some respect for people who ask a simple, normal question?

Why dodge a normal question?
Why hide?
Why are you so scared?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

November 19, 2015 10:53AM
Why see evil around every corner?

Truth of the matter is I don't know what I want for a rally car. I don't spend money quickly, I tend to do a lot of research before committing to any project. I'm still at the stage where I am distracted by shiny things, so one day I see Dave Clark's Xratty in action and get pulled that way, another day I see in-car from Chris Greenhouse in his SRT4 Neon, then on yet other days I see Eric Ewert's build pix and drool over that. Then... I see Matt Pullin's stRanger in action and think that looks like fun.

So, ya. I know I don't want an 88 celica basket case project with wiring issues, but that sure doesn't mean I know what I do want.

It's kinda like when we were younger and went to the bar. I knew I didn't want to take any of the guys home, but wasn't sure if I wanted a blonde, redhead, or brunette.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

November 19, 2015 11:10AM
ALS FTW

Truth of the matter is I don't know what I want for a rally car. I don't spend money quickly, I tend to do a lot of research before committing to any project. I'm still at the stage where I am distracted by shiny things, so one day I see Dave Clark's Xratty in action and get pulled that way, another day I see in-car from Chris Greenhouse in his SRT4 Neon, then on yet other days I see Eric Ewert's build pix and drool over that. Then... I see Matt Pullin's stRanger in action and think that looks like fun.

So, ya. I know I don't want an 88 celica basket case project with wiring issues, but that sure doesn't mean I know what I do want.

It's kinda like when we were younger and went to the bar. I knew I didn't want to take any of the guys home, but wasn't sure if I wanted a blonde, redhead, or brunette.
I get it, instead of jumping in and getting laid you just end up at home jerking it and fantasizing about the real thing. You speak of such a wide range of possible candidates, all said candidates have drivers who enjoy them. The only common point behind them all is those guys are on stage, and that's the fun part, trolling here won't ever be like the real thing.
Don't be the guy that's knee deep in a pool of pussy and end up at home jerking it for eternity because you couldn't choose!

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 19, 2015 11:23AM
ElectroTech
ALS FTW

I get it, instead of jumping in and getting laid you just end up at home jerking it and fantasizing about the real thing. You speak of such a wide range of possible candidates, all said candidates have drivers who enjoy them. The only common point behind them all is those guys are on stage, and that's the fun part, trolling here won't ever be like the real thing.
Don't be the guy that's knee deep in a pool of pussy and end up at home jerking it for eternity because you couldn't choose!

Just read a book my wife found by a guy not too ironically named Eric Weiner--as he says pronounced exactly the same as "whiner". Its called the Geography of Bliss.

DERP! Kitty walked by and hit POST see below

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2015 12:29PM by john vanlandingham.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

November 19, 2015 11:29AM
ElectroTech
I get it, instead of jumping in and getting laid you just end up at home jerking it and fantasizing about the real thing.
Hardly. The direct correlation here would be that buying the all track would be like going home with a guy. Might work for some people, but I'm not interested.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

November 19, 2015 11:38AM
ALS FTW
ElectroTech
I get it, instead of jumping in and getting laid you just end up at home jerking it and fantasizing about the real thing.
Hardly. The direct correlation here would be that buying the all track would be like going home with a guy. Might work for some people, but I'm not interested.
I asked the initial question about what car you were looking for because I actually though you had a genuine interest and a goal in mind, but alas, you are no more than a voyeur who would run away if invited in no matter what was on the other side of the curtain. Yeah the all-trac might not be your car, but if you can't list 3-4-5 possible candidates that will fit the bill then you aren't serious about this or are just a fake troll who simply drains validity from those who are serious about getting into the sport.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 19, 2015 12:27PM
ElectroTech
ALS FTW

Just read a book my wife found by a guy not too ironically named Eric Weiner--as he says pronounced exactly the same as "whiner". Its called the Geography of Bliss.
Wiki says:

The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World is the New York Times bestselling humorous travel memoir by longtime National Public Radio foreign correspondent Eric Weiner. In the book, Weiner travels to spots around the globe—including Iceland, Bhutan, Moldova and Qatar—to search out how different countries define and pursue happiness. Weiner is also the author of Man Seeks God: My Flirtations with the Divine.

According to Kirkus Reviews, the book is "Part travelogue, part personal-discovery memoir....reads like Paul Theroux channeling David Sedaris on a particularly good day."

What the author says about the book:

The Geography of Bliss

Description Excerpt Audiobook Clip Praise

bliss_pb

New York Times Bestseller
2008 Original Voices Award Winner
Quality Paperback Club 2008 New Visions Award Winner
Washington Post ”Best of 2008″
Barnes & Noble “Discover Great New Writers” Title
BookSense Notable Book
Description

The Geography of Bliss is a tough book to nail down. It defies categorization. I like to think of it as a philosophical humorous travel memoir. It is all of those things, and more.

For years, as a foreign correspondent for National Public Radio, I covered a multitude of catastrophes, natural and man-made. But for The Geography of Bliss, I decided to tell the other side of the story by visiting some of the world’s most contented places.

Using the ancient philosophers and the much more recent “science of happiness” as my guide, I travel the world in search of the happiest places and what we can learn from them. As I make my way from Iceland (one of the world’s happiest countries) to Bhutan (where the king has made Gross National Happiness a national priority) to Moldova (not a happy place), I call upon the collective wisdom of “the self-help industrial complex” to help navigate the path to contentment.

I travel to Switzerland, where I discover the hidden virtues of boredom; to the tiny-and extremely wealthy-Persian Gulf nation of Qatar, where the relationship between money and happiness is laid bare; to India, where Westerners seek their bliss at the feet of gurus; to Thailand, where not thinking is a way of life; to a small town outside London where happiness experts attempt to “change the psychological climate.” I am no dispassionate observer. In my quest for the world’s happiest places, I eat rotten Icelandic shark, smoke Moroccan hashish and intervene to save (almost) an insect in distress.

Is this a travel book? Yes, but not a typical one. While I do log thousands of miles in researching the book, The Geography of Bliss is really a travelogue of ideas. I roam the world in search of answers to the pressing questions of our time: What are the essential ingredients for the good life? Why are some places happier than others? How are we shaped by our surroundings? Why can’t airlines serve a decent meal?

Is this a self-help book? Perhaps, but not like any you’ve read before. I offer no simple bromides here. No chicken soup. You will find no easy answers in these pages. You will, however, find much to chew on and, perhaps, some unexpected inspiration. We Americans, it turns out, have no monopoly on the pursuit of happiness. There is wisdom to be found in the least likely of places.

Place. That is what The Geography of Bliss is about. How place—in every aspect of the word—shapes us, defines us. Change your place, I believe, and you can change your life.

The golden thread that is wound thru the book is that happiness comes from our relationships to others if there is one recurring thing: trust..Trust in people generally, trust in Government at best as in some more civilsied countries. And a sub context again repeated is "don't think too much".....

So what's this about?
Trust..
And the clear lack of it in the alleged Donkey...

When this forum was founded about 15 feet over that <-----way and I suggested to Skye the owner and really nice, and kind guy the idea of real names, real locations, real age, he jumped and said "Yeah!, let's do it" because the assumption was if thats a rule and people refuse to comply then they by definition are in all probability not trustworthy, and in 10 years that has proven to be pretty gawddam accurate.

Don't think...How many times have I said that people must practice things--EVERYTHING until they don't have to think while doing it? 10,000 times? (How many times did i crash my motorcycle? 10,000 for sure---but when I did, even when taking a blow to the head and having all the signs ofnear passing out--reflexively I did the right thing..jump up, find triffic, pick up bike, check throttle for proper snap shut, check clutch, kick and go!)

Offers were made to set up talk with Eric Evert, an unusually nice and friendly guy (he thinks too much, but he's barely 22 (?) so he doesn't know better) and Matt Watson with his nice Xratty.
No response

I offer to yack one to one---lord knows Steve it ain't that terrible is it? We seems to have a lotta laughs--
But no response...

And a year has passed and the Donkey is still not even begun..

I often think of the words of Michael Herr, the combat journalist from USA in Viet nam. He did the narration or voice overs in Coppola's Apocalypse Now:
WILLARD (V.O.) *
Saigon...shit. I'm only in Saigon.
Every time, I think I'm gonna wake
up back in the jungle.

He moves back to the bed, lies down. He's unshaven,
exhausted, probably drunk. We SEE alcohol bottles, photos,
documents scattered on the table.

WILLARD (V.O.)
When I was home after my first
tour, it was worse. I'd wake up
and there'd be nothing. I hardly
said a word to my wife until I
said yes to a divorce. When I was
here, I wanted to be there. When
I was there...all I could think of
was getting back into the jungle.
I'm here a week now. Waiting for
a mission. Getting softer. Every
minute I stay in this room, I get
weaker. And every minute Charlie
squats in the bush...he gets
stronger. Each time I looked
around...the walls moved in a little
tighter.

With apologies but this is closer to what goes thru my mind when i see a year passing and no decision

WILLARD (V.O.) *
Calgary...shit. I'm only in Calgary.
Every time, I think I'm gonna wake
up back in the stage.

He moves back to the bed, lies down. He's unshaven,
exhausted, probably drunk. We SEE alcohol bottles, photos,
documents scattered on the table.

WILLARD (V.O.)
When I was home after my first
rally, it was worse. I'd wake up
and there'd be nothing. I hardly
said a word to my wife until I
said yes to a divorce. When I was
here, I wanted to be there. When
I was there...all I could think of
was getting back into the stage.
I'm here a week now. Waiting for
a mission. Getting softer. Every
minute I stay in this room, I get
weaker

And every minute Charlie
squats in the bush...he gets
stronger.
Each time I looked
around...the walls moved in a little
tighter.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login