Brian Tullio
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 BMW 318i (E30)

BMW 318i E30 Rally Car
October 21, 2016 02:00PM

1985 BMW 318i - E30 Rally Car

2016 California Rally Series - Performance Stock Championship Car

Built in Jan 2016, raced and finished every race in the 2016 California Rally Series.

Perfect beginner 2WD car. Built to NASA Performance Stock rules. Should easily fit within the Production class rules for other sanctioning bodies also.

• Current NASA Log Book
  • Custom cage, Sparco Evo2 seats, 5-point harnesses, first-aid kit, and fire extinguisher - all current
  • Roof scoops/vents
  • Rugged Radios intercom and UHF/VHF radio with aux plug-in (music or other)
  • TerraTrip 303 Plus V4 with wheel speed sensor
  • Trunk has aluminum jack, spare tire, tool box, triangles, and spill kit.
  • Interior red/white dome light, and red/white articulating navigator light
  • Voltage/Oil/Temp gauges
  • Stock 318i engine
  • Two sets of wheels and tires plus spare tires.
  • Stock engine and 5-speed with Hurst shifter
  • 4.45 medium-case rear diff with limited slip.
  • CNC Hydraulic hand-brake
  • Custom 3/8" aluminum skid-plate with 3/8" bracing
  • Slightly raised suspension - Bilstein HD shocks, E46 coils, re-enfored shock mounts front and rear.
  • Triple plates front shock towers
  • Custom front shock tower brace
  • 70" LED light bar
  • HID high and low beams
  • Double air horns
  • Chevy 3/4-ton tie rod ends

EXTRAS

• Parts car - entire drive-train, dash/steering/etc, all fenders/doors/hood/trunk in good shape. No roof or glass (except door glass is still there).
  • Fresh spare engine and transmission (Use this one as a spare, and build the other engine from the parts car for when you are ready for more power)
  • Lots of misc parts (spare ECU, injectors, plugs, brake pads, engine parts, exhaust headers/pipes, a-arms, axles, throttle cable, misc clips and bushings)
  • Two spare differentials (1 limited slip - 3.7:1, 1 open - unknown ratio)
  • 2 Full sets of wheels, 13 tires (some medium, some soft)

This is perfect for somebody looking to get into rally racing. Everything you need: Turn-key car, log book, and plenty of spares to keep you going. Also, a great platform to increase the power and jump into higher classes.

I would prefer to sell the car and all of the spares as a whole. But, if you are really interested in the car only, we might be able to work something out.

I am more than happy taking any additional pictures you want, just let me know.

$10,000 for everything

Thanks for looking,

-Brian

Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: BMW 318i E30 Rally Car
October 21, 2016 02:46PM
Wow. Good luck with the sale!

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 21, 2016 04:03PM
Hi. Brian i.
First post an advertisement to sell stuff... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

And aside from that common courtesy thing--it is well known on the whole Intra-web world that that is bad form to make your very first post not even a hello my name is but just right into using this nice generously provided resource to sell stuff.

And then not to even look at the sticky aimed at new guys where the reasons for having a rule requiring a real full name and a real full address...so you are an unknown guy, no background, no location we know nothing..

OK Please read this http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/read.php?8,41104

Administrator [ PM ]
RALLY ANARCHY RULES - READ THIS FIRST (that means you, newb)
August 13, 2010 07:30PM Admin
WELCOME TO RALLY ANARCHY!

This site has been created with the goal of creating a proper rally BBS for the North American scene, for the people who love the sport and hobby. It's based on the idea of Sailing Anarchy, check it out if you want a sample.

And by proper, I mean highly improper. Most things that will get censored on other Forums is fair game here. Proceed at your own risk. Note that the webmaster is not responsible for the views or opinions posted on this Forum, in a very real and legally binding sense.

That's not to say there aren't any rules here. On the contrary, one sure fire way to get booted is to act consistently stupid or take personal attacks too far. Another is to whine or bullshit incessantly without contributing either knowledge or humour to the discussion. Any malicious quoting out of context to seriously deceive (rather than just poke some fun and obviously josh around) is grounds for ass kicking. Ditto on posts complaining about spelling or grammatical errors. If you are convicted by a jury of your peers, you may be sent to the Sin Bin for detention. And of course, posting anything illegal is grounds for immediate removal and ban-hammering.

Here's an example of rules you won't see here:

"I figure that hosting a forum is a lot like inviting a diverse group of adults to your living room for a discussion that can edify anyone who cares to listen and respectfully participate. Were it my living room and a handful of guests insisted on ignoring common sense rules of decorum by interrupting discussions with personal attacks, derailing trains of thought to further some unrelated agenda, consistently abused their participation privilege by carrying on one's business on the premises or uttered anything that might make a libel attorney salivate then I'd certainly never invite them back."

That's fine and dandy, but we need a place to talk openly, especially if it's in a yakking-around-the-garage after dropping-in-an-engine kind of friendly banter. Think of Rally Anarchy as the local clubhouse you probably have never had. Swearing is OK, but don't go overboard.

One of the things you won't find here is 834,234 different forums for every different country, region, state, province, city, neighborhood, gender, shoe size, sexual preference or hair colour. If you've got something to say, why don't you say it to the whole class, hmmmm?

Required Information

We hate cutesy account names like "FastDriver" or "WRCbound" or "PlumSmuggler" or whatever, but people get attached to their favourite account names. However we want to know who you actually are, so you the following information is required in your Member Profile:

Full Real Name - this is absolutely required at all times
City and State/Province
Car(s) you rally (we don't give a rat's ass about your street/track cars)
Year of birth

The price of having a forum to say whatever you want* is that you have to stand by what you say. You don't get to be a brave internet hero, while hiding behind your keyboard.

That way we know if you're some crusty retired old guy, or a clueless kid having wet car-dreams, and can make fun of you accordingly. To edit your profile, sign in and click here:Go to the Control Center

Business Advertising

If you are representing a rally-specific business you can flog your products and services in the Buy & Sell but you can only start one new topic per 7 days. That's 7 days since your last new topic. I repeat, it must be a rally specific business. And if it gets out of control, business solicitation may be banned entirely. So don't spam, or you may find your posts deleted and your account banned without warning.

Misc Things

OK? So please go fix your name and sign in and location correctly and maybe add a telephone number if you really want to sell the car and then come back.

Thanks

2 pleases and a thanks...Nobody could possibly take offense at that!

Oh curious: why are you selling the car?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Tullio
Brian Tullio
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 BMW 318i (E30)

October 21, 2016 05:48PM
john vanlandingham
Hi. Brian i.

And aside from that common courtesy thing--it is well known on the whole Intra-web world that that is bad form to make your very first post not even a hello my name is but just right into using this nice generously provided resource to sell stuff.

And then not to even look at the sticky aimed at new guys where the reasons for having a rule requiring a real full name and a real full address...so you are an unknown guy, no background, no location we know nothing..

OK? So please go fix your name and sign in and location correctly and maybe add a telephone number if you really want to sell the car and then come back.

Thanks

While I understand what you are saying, this probably would have been better off sent in a Private Message. I got to this "Buy, Sell & Trade" page directly from a Google search; it's not like I saw a bunch of rules and choose to ignore them.

Also, I make it a general rule to never put my personal information for all to see on the internet. Although I have put in my name and city as requested. A person who is genuinely interested will Private Message me and we can go from there. I know you guys have your own rules, and these are mine. If that doesn't work for this board, then you can remove my post - no hard feelings, I promise.

Regarding the sale: I barely fit into this car. I am 6'4" (more in the torso) and my head has less than an inch of clearance on all sides. I will be looking for a car more suited to my "vertical needs" smiling smiley
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 21, 2016 11:55PM
Tullio
john vanlandingham
Hi. Brian i.

Thanks

While I understand what you are saying, this probably would have been better off sent in a Private Message. I got to this "Buy, Sell & Trade" page directly from a Google search; it's not like I saw a bunch of rules and choose to ignore them.

Also, I make it a general rule to never put my personal information for all to see on the internet. Although I have put in my name and city as requested. A person who is genuinely interested will Private Message me and we can go from there. I know you guys have your own rules, and these are mine. If that doesn't work for this board, then you can remove my post - no hard feelings, I promise.

Regarding the sale: I barely fit into this car. I am 6'4" (more in the torso) and my head has less than an inch of clearance on all sides. I will be looking for a car more suited to my "vertical needs" smiling smiley

Thanks. But put here is the point..If everything is in the open then there's nothing to fear of "somebody getting all your infoz"
And if somebody is looking at this car and gets it and wants to make it better and comes here, they will have seen the thing...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

October 22, 2016 02:16PM
Holy crap- a fellow Slimey-Valleyite on
RallyAnarchy!

Welcome Brian...

I like your car...

But I'm broke and also an inch taller than you so.....

Is there nothing you can do with the seat mounting to make the car accomodate your size?

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
Tullio
Brian Tullio
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 BMW 318i (E30)

October 23, 2016 12:31AM
Not without modifying the floor. As it sits, the side mount brackets are welded directly to the floor and the seat is on the lowest setting.

I actually knew a guy who was 3 inches taller than me, but still could fit into cars that I could not. Most people carry height in their legs, but I seem to carry it in my torso - which always makes fitting into small cars interesting.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

October 23, 2016 10:43AM
Chevy Sonic has a surprising amount of height.
I have an E36 Compact that you would probably fit in better. Caged and nearly ready to race. smiling smiley
The one E30 we built was for a customer that was about 6'. They are a little tight that's for sure.

Ignore John. Most of us don't care if someone just comes here to post a classified ad without posting all the required info. I'm sure the site owner doesn't as the more visits to the classified section the more ad revenue potential.
But you should stick around. It's the only remaining rally forum with good discussions and technical discussions, aside from John's occasional berating of people or ideas.

Grant Hughes
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

October 23, 2016 10:37PM
Great head room was one of sevral reasons I went with a zx3 Focus for my rallyx car..headroom for miles even with a helmet on.

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

October 24, 2016 06:07AM
I'm 6'2" with a 33" inseam, i always liked the way i fit into an E30 even with a helmet on, though sometimes it got tight with a bolt-in cage.

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

October 24, 2016 10:18AM
Best headroom cars:
VW Beetle 1999-2010ish are probably the best of any car for driver headroom
Honda Fit
Chevy Sonic
some Saabs
Most VW Golfs
Some Volvos

Bad headroom cars:
Anything shaped like a bar of soap or wedge

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

October 24, 2016 03:11PM
Josh Wimpey
Best headroom cars:

Galant VR4

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Tullio
Brian Tullio
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 BMW 318i (E30)

October 27, 2016 09:43AM
Just a reminder: I would rather sell the car and spares as a package, but if somebody is interested in the car only (not all the spares), I would be willing to sell that for a lower price.
Tullio
Brian Tullio
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 BMW 318i (E30)

November 03, 2016 06:23PM
Sale pending... smiling smiley
Tullio
Brian Tullio
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 BMW 318i (E30)

November 13, 2016 05:01PM
Sold.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login