Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

is a salvage title ok?

Posted by sloppy2nds000 
sloppy2nds000
Super Moderator

is a salvage title ok?
February 27, 2017 06:28AM
names nick, im obviously new here. first post. wondering about using a salvage title car for a stage rally car build. if yes, are there any restrictions? if no are they good for any rally applications? i cant seem to find any real answers whether its okay to use them, so i figured id just ask.
thanks
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Ascona73
Bob Legere
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1971 Opel Ascona

Re: is a salvage title ok?
February 27, 2017 12:08PM
sloppy2nds000
names nick, im obviously new here. first post. wondering about using a salvage title car for a stage rally car build. if yes, are there any restrictions? if no are they good for any rally applications? i cant seem to find any real answers whether its okay to use them, so i figured id just ask.
thanks

Rallying is not racing, in the sense a rally car has to be registered and insured for road use. So if you can legally register a car in your state with a salvage title (usually requires a state inspection), then you're good to go.

Opel is a 4-letter word...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10498579@N07/sets/
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

February 27, 2017 05:16PM
lots of rally cars have reconstructed titles
anymore they total a car for minor fender bender, like they said above if its road legal its rally-able

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
sloppy2nds000
Super Moderator

February 27, 2017 07:48PM
cool. thanks for the quick reply. thats kinda what i was gathering. and it makes sense. road worthy is road worthy, color or status of title is irrelevant so long as it and be registered under the title it has. salvaged and or insurance auction cars seem like a good place to get rust free shells. blown air bags and bent radiator supports or wrinkled fenders total most cars over 10 years old.

sorry i stuck this in the for sale threads and not the construction zone. didnt realize i missed my mouse click.. cant seem to figure out how to move it the proper place now.
DanielSL
Daniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

February 28, 2017 06:24AM
I was able to get my 2005 (last year of Mk. 4) GTI on a rebuild-able salvage title. Rolling chassis for $250 bucks. Main reason I started a build is that I lied to myself about it being affordable if I started with a rust free rolling chassis that was cheap enough.
Mad Matt F
Matt Follett
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

March 02, 2017 11:40PM
DanielSL
I was able to get my 2005 (last year of Mk. 4) GTI on a rebuild-able salvage title. Rolling chassis for $250 bucks. Main reason I started a build is that I lied to myself about it being affordable if I started with a rust free rolling chassis that was cheap enough.

ummm...

http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/read.php?5,111693,114673,page=27#msg-114673

winking smiley

Sorry but, your twisted sense of spending is non-compute...

smiling smiley
DanielSL
Daniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

March 04, 2017 04:35PM
I would most definitely have to disagree. I am currently in competition for the season... as planned; at a total cost of less than 7 grand. And that's with three complete sets of spare wheels And tires. IF I had stuck with two sets of wheels/tires, and used a 2.0 ABA engine or stock 1.8T VW engine; I could have been right at 5 grand. I've spent more than that on a watch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login