Posted by PAddy 
PAddy
Patrick McVeigh
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Student Loans

REAL race/rally XR4 Shell
November 24, 2006 03:24PM
As documented here on RA and elsewhere...

Shell is completely seam welded, very extensive cage, and lots of reinforcements added throughout (sills, footwells, shock towers etc). Rails for racing seat are installed, as are mount points for 6 point harnesses on DS. Car exceeds FIA requirements for rallying in terms of required members and their wall thickness. Still needs about 2 days of bodywork to be perfect, less if you're more concerned about actually going fast rather than looking so. Would include engine, transmission and some suspension items to make it roll.

I have a huge amount of school I now need to pay for and would rather the car be finished by someone rather than sitting while I try to make some $$$ on the side to go play in the woods. If nobody's interested now, I'll finish it when time/money allows.

$5000 firm. Cage alone cost almost that much, then add things like complete seam weld (nitro stripped), seat mounts, belt mounts, stronger floors, stronger rockers, jackpoint reinforcement etc and tell me what you come up with. Better yet, call a prep place like 4Star motorsports and ask them what they'd charge. OMP head restraint seat with brackets is available seperately.

Will consider reduction in exchange for a running street XR to be my DD.

Example Pics:

Please Login or Register to post a reply
PAddy
Patrick McVeigh
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Student Loans

Re: REAL race/rally XR4 Shell
December 17, 2006 08:27PM
Sold!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login