Advanced

WTB: Group 2 Rally Vehicle

Posted by Hiro 
Hiro
Hiro Teka
Professional Moderator

WTB: Group 2 Rally Vehicle
December 01, 2006 08:18PM
Howdy, I'm looking for a Group 2 vehicle to start out my Rally Career with.. Basic preferences:

* FWD
* VW Preference...
* Hatchback Preference...

I'm located in Seattle, WA.. So somehow I'd need to figure out how to get it here.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Nemesis
Thomas
Professional Moderator

Re: WTB: Group 2 Rally Vehicle
December 06, 2006 05:12AM
What's yer budget ?

And why on earth would you specifically want a Golve when there are so many other platforms available. If you find one that's a great deal like Burmeisters or Derek's was, then jump at that.

Otherwise try to be open otherwise you may be lookinig for a while and miss out on some great rallying. Be open to buying something "for now", drive the hell out of it (don't go off) and resell it when your "ideal" ride comes along.

Failing that... buy a solid beater, throw a cage in it, a set of harnesses, and go get some seat time. You may just like the car and decide to build it up the following year.

I've read abpout too many guys who have been working on their cars for 2 - 4 years, have spent a shit load of money and still have not rallied them. Trying to get the best built, most competitive, and pretiest car with fancy gadgetry is not the way to go if you're series about going out and playing in the woods.

Food for free thought !
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: WTB: Group 2 Rally Vehicle
December 06, 2006 01:52PM
Contact Rem Wyatt. He's got a built Golf for sale I believe. Built himself so it's done right and he can tell you anything you want.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login