Posted by HiTempguy 
HiTempguy
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

Brakim Racing?
September 11, 2014 11:09AM
I was just doing the bookface thing, and across my feed came the Brakim Racing guys with an article or update or something.

Went to their page, they have 30,000 likes eye popping smiley

Just curious as to who they are, they are doing serious work getting exposure!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Brakim Racing?
September 11, 2014 12:13PM
Matt Bradenburg in a high high dollar E36 M3 (think built engines and dogboxes and Reigers).

They self promote the shit out of themselves. 30k likes is impressive and I wonder how much they paid facebook to promote their page.
We have a whopping 205 likes, but we don't pay to promote though they CONSTANTLY ask us to.
https://www.facebook.com/RallyBuild?ref=br_tf

According to facebook, $10 a day will generate 8-31 likes per day. So probably only 10-20k needs spent to build an audience of ~30k.

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 11, 2014 12:19PM

Some kid whose Daddy has bought him 4-5 Subies and 4-5 BMWs... he's a Whirled Champignonskit level guy jus chillin and spending Daddy's money..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 11, 2014 12:21PM
NoCoast
Matt Bradenburg in a high high dollar E36 M3 (think built engines and dogboxes and Reigers).

They self promote the shit out of themselves. 30k likes is impressive and I wonder how much they paid facebook to promote their page.
We have a whopping 205 likes, but we don't pay to promote though they CONSTANTLY ask us to.
https://www.facebook.com/RallyBuild?ref=br_tf

According to facebook, $10 a day will generate 8-31 likes per day. So probably only 10-20k needs spent to build an audience of ~30k.

That's pocket change to them.. Heard they're planning to have people build them a 4wd Lambroghini or some pointless excessive conspicuous bullshit for rally.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

September 11, 2014 12:58PM
john vanlandingham

Some kid whose Daddy has bought him 4-5 Subies and 4-5 BMWs... he's a Whirled Champignonskit level guy jus chillin and spending Daddy's money..

Is that honestly what you think of him?

What about the guy who earned a lot of money through his own personal business and decides to spend that money having fun rally racing instead of boating, or golfing, or horses? He's a good guy, he let me and my wife stay at his place on our way to STPR, did some testing at the land that he owns. He knows how to market himself and what people want to see (like Kcool smiley which in turns means more opportunities for sponsorships and getting things paid for.
Brian Johnson
Brian Johnson
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Co-Driver - Old School Motorsports WRX

September 11, 2014 01:14PM
john vanlandingham

Aaaaand. You're wrong. As Matt Conte has said, Brandenburg's money is his own, from his own business. He's never run a Subaru, to my knowledge. The Bimmer is his 2nd rally car. His first was Greenhouse's old, well used and well thrashed Neon.

Matt and his team are having a ton of fun and running events with both sanctioning bodies in the States, as well as doing some Canadian stuff and hillclimbs.

-Brian
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

September 11, 2014 01:21PM
Thanks for the kind words matt you know you're my dude! I love the whole rally family they're my people and I take care of them when I can as they dI the same for me and my team, I love you assholes.

John I'm sorry you don't like my flat out have fun and rally style, does the money matter? No but if you think it does know I made mine with 400$ I saved working in my parents basement on computers at 17 years old when I had to drop out of school to manage my companies... money is useless you have to live life that's what I'm doing no explication needed , however if you want to talk about me talk real

Here's my driver profile read up.

http://buildraceparty.com/about-us/brp-drivers/matt-brandenburg/

PS I have nothing left to prove to anyone, this is for my friends and I and if others enjoy it, awesome!!
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

September 11, 2014 01:30PM
I enjoy the updates, found a little humor in the fact that you had more likes than the Rally America page in what seemed like a very short period of time.

Have you guys actually picked out a lambo yet?
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

September 11, 2014 01:39PM
Also guys I'm open about this stuff as our friends knkw, we've spent the about 8k on Facebook advertising, paid for by sponsors with media deals I worked out but this is my life not a job don't get it twisted I only do it because I love it, if that ever stops so do I ... inpossibme, it'll always be challenging and I'll always be learning and it'll always be fun and it'll be my life until I go broke doing it - and thank you guys for the kind words - sincerely

.... I was once told by a very famous friend that you know you're making an impact when you start to get haters....
HiTempguy
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

September 11, 2014 01:40PM
I kind of figured this would be an interesting thread winking smiley Like I said, just curious in a "who the hell are these guys" kind of way.

Nonetheless, keep it up Matt. No harm in spending your hard earned money the way you want to, if anything, you've done it the proper way smileys with beer
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 11, 2014 02:37PM
Don't worry Matt. JVL hates everybody at times. smiling smiley

$8k is not bad at all for marketing. You can spend that annually with many magazines and hardly gain any impact.

What I want to know is, why the change from planning to go for Rally-America 2WD National Champion next year to trying to rally a Lamborghini?

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 11, 2014 04:23PM
What a bunch of children..Do any of you guys have any brains or just nerve twitching?

Give you geniuses a big hint: there is a full range of emotions in normally developed adults---really even most people over about 4.

Hate? Fucking brilliant analysis children...

I am not impressed by promoting a bunch of jerking off as anything...rally in USA and Canada is jerking off.
Fun to do but I am not going watch--and pay to watch some other guy do it..
You fuckers have been raised in a world drenched, SUBMERGED in so much Hype with a captial H that you guys don't know shit from Shinola...

Matt has romped on the gas fairly good---for our Land of Blind men...but nothing special, nothing to say OOOOh Aaah about...and nothing at all considering the resources pissed away..
Same thing with Ben Klock..Millions spent "rally racing", millions spent hyping and he's considered at absoluter best a "average gentleman driver"...

So "not impressed with hype' is NOT the same as HATE...unimpressed with conspicuous pap in unimpressed..

Watch any nice Group F video and compare that to this and if you're impressed then whatever....you cannot discriminate.
Those guys do what they do without pissing away $8000 "promoting " themselves...

You fuckers need to learn a bit about nuance cause you come across as dumb children..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Brian Johnson
Brian Johnson
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Co-Driver - Old School Motorsports WRX

September 11, 2014 04:53PM
I'm confused, John. I don't recall Matt (or anyone else here) acting like he's the second coming of Sebastien Loeb. So what's the problem, other than the fact that you don't agree with his outlook? Obviously, that's your prerogative, but I'm curious why you'd even care, given that his actions, in no way, impact your business or otherwise, your life.

As for Block... I know what the budget there is, for the entire operation (rally, rallycross, Gymkhana video, RaptorTRAX, various exhibitions, etc). I also know what the sponsor income is and what the marketing agreements state, as far as what the likes of Monster, etc, expect for their investment. Ken is spending other people's money and they're pretty damned happy with what they're getting in return.

I guess I'll never understand why anyone cares about what others are spending their time and money on.

-Brian
brakim
Matt Brandenburg
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW M3

September 11, 2014 05:12PM
oh John the education you would need in life and rally in order to see any of this with any validating view worth expressing would take me so long I just don't have time for it right now, go watch some of my shitty videos or something, I'll send you a signed poster if you stop pissing about? t-shirt? coffee mug?

end negotiations? lol

ok anyway guys the plan I was asked about and questions etc.

we are running rally america 2WD nationals in a e36 M3 next year this much is certain (assuming we can afford it, we really aren't sitting on cash like everyone thinks we work hard play hard, life whatever)

we HAVE sold our ferrari we ARE buying a lamborghini, we ARE trying to work a deal with red bull... the RED... BULL. lamborghini ... bull RED BULL get it duhh smiling smiley we're going to try to break our 156 foot jump record at 107mph in new york at ESPR in the lamborghini next year, I'm aiming to break ken blocks jump distance from his discovery channel tv shoot if possible WE ARE STILL WORKING THIS IDEA [BETALOL]

The lambo will be running hill climbs and tarmac events until our gravel conversion and testing is done, we are rush aiming for sandblast but VERY little chance of it happening, when it works out next year and its gravel tested we'll be on a NASA stage with it and I'm sure a few rally america exhibitions BUT WE WILL BE FOCUS ON 2WD NATIONALS IN RA with BMW

we have a hill climb to pack for, send future hate etc to brakimracing@gmail.com but make sure you read my bio before the blah blah JV whoever you are "john" I've always known you as a bit of an asshole for no reason and thats fine we don't have to be friends, you're nobody to be me my man. wish you nothing but the best. off to the hill, gotta climb it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2014 05:14PM by brakim.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 11, 2014 05:33PM
brakim
oh John the education you would need in life and rally in order to see any of this with any validating view worth expressing would take me so long I just don't have time for it right nowit.

Child, you are delusional if you think you can teach me anything about any kind of racing...
and if you think any of your wanking means anything...Its wanking.

You think you're any good? Obviously you doeye rolling smiley---then why haven't you already moved to where hard racing is: Northern Europe?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login