Posted by reecers 
reecers
Reece
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

Re: suits
October 22, 2014 09:44AM
well i am about to buy one, anyone find any promo/coupon codes for the site? I am having no such luck.

I am not an alien

Koolaid on specialstage just an FYI
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Andrew_Frick
Andrew Frick
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Ford Focus

October 22, 2014 10:00AM
I have bought a suit from them. Could not be happier. I have a couple of cheap new suits before and this suit is Sooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer. It is light even with the insane amount of embroidery. It is really comfortable. Breathes well so you don't overheat on hot events. Also, the suit was FIA approved so I was able to use it at rally mexico without issue.

Yeah it is all nascar'd up and looks ridiculous. But who cares. I found that the boot cut legs got wet walking around in the service areas so I had to get it hemmed a little.
spalind
Daniel Spalinger
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
2009 Nissan Frontier

October 23, 2014 07:28AM
Andrew_Frick
I have bought a suit from them. Could not be happier. I have a couple of cheap new suits before and this suit is Sooooooooooooooooooooooo much nicer. It is light even with the insane amount of embroidery. It is really comfortable. Breathes well so you don't overheat on hot events. Also, the suit was FIA approved so I was able to use it at rally mexico without issue.

Yeah it is all nascar'd up and looks ridiculous. But who cares. I found that the boot cut legs got wet walking around in the service areas so I had to get it hemmed a little.

I can confirm from seeing Andrew in action that it doesn't look as ridiculous as he states. When you drive well like Andrew, I don't care what you look like, I just wannt be that quick.

That said...what are the reasons all the logos can't be removed from the suit if one wished? Are they embedded in the material so that you can't remove them without damage?

www.nismostuff.blogspot.com
Andrew_Frick
Andrew Frick
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Ford Focus

October 23, 2014 09:25AM
Dan, thanks for the kind words on the driving. My co-drivers are constantly complaining that I am not going fast enough.

As for removing the logos. It would take a lot of time with a seam ripper and would likely look even worse. For my suit the logos are embroidered directly to the fabric of the suit. So it is not like a patch that you can just pull off. And the embroidery is very well done as it is only the outer layer of the suit.

If you care what you look like don't buy one of these suits. These are not for the vain, unless you are vain redneck then you likely think they are awesome. But my suit was the top of the line puma suit which retailed for over $1,200 at the time and I think I paid something like $400 for mine. But the comfort of the suit has been worth every penny. Plus I got to use it as a Halloween costume a couple of years ago.
heymagic
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 23, 2014 10:51AM
I think it is a great idea and a helluva deal. I wouldn't hesitate to wear one and I'll bet the people who actually realize what it is would love to see one. Others won't even notice the difference.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Super Moderator

October 23, 2014 11:29AM
I'm thinking about getting one, since I just about suffocated in my g-force suit at Olympus this year.
spalind
Daniel Spalinger
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
2009 Nissan Frontier

October 23, 2014 11:34AM
If I can find one in my size I will be picking one up. Saving that link as a favorite. I like this one though...35 inch inseam and a 52 INCH WAIST!! That guy was HUGE!!

www.nismostuff.blogspot.com
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

October 23, 2014 12:31PM
Did you end up with a 2 piece or 1 piece?

I'm almost thinking a 2 piece would be better for me... considering there are no 1 pieces long enough new it seems...
reecers
Reece
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 23, 2014 01:09PM
well i didn't pull the trigger just yet, I am going to try some suits on locally and see what sizes really do. Because i wonder If i will be okay in a 42 jacket if my chest is really 35

I am not an alien

A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

October 23, 2014 01:21PM
Just buy the 42 and start working out ? smiling smiley
reecers
Reece
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 23, 2014 01:54PM
gotta eat more twinkies i guess. So I wonder if there is a site for used rally computers lol Gah there expensive.

I am not an alien

heymagic
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

October 23, 2014 02:27PM
Ok, so the material is relatively soft and pliable. It shouldn't bunch up under you chin like a Carhartt or heavy leather jacket would..plus the belts will keep the material spread around bit I think. A 42 will be a bit large on a 35 frame I'm thinking , not sure that will be a good combo. Maybe go to the local Jacque Penne and try on a light or medium weight , lined, zippered jacket. Not the fleece kind. That should be close to the firesuit feel.

NASCAR has some big boys in the pits for sure. Between tossing tires and fighting like hockey players...
reecers
Reece
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 23, 2014 02:53PM
heymagic
Ok, so the material is relatively soft and pliable. It shouldn't bunch up under you chin like a Carhartt or heavy leather jacket would..plus the belts will keep the material spread around bit I think. A 42 will be a bit large on a 35 frame I'm thinking , not sure that will be a good combo. Maybe go to the local Jacque Penne and try on a light or medium weight , lined, zippered jacket. Not the fleece kind. That should be close to the firesuit feel.

NASCAR has some big boys in the pits for sure. Between tossing tires and fighting like hockey players...

thing is i am broad shouldered so i wonder if that comes into play. Like if i was to try on a smaller jacket for 35 chest if the shoulders would be wide enough.

I am not an alien

Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Super Moderator

October 23, 2014 02:59PM
heymagic

Joe Gibb's Racing hires NFL and NHL players for the guys that work over the wall. Factomundo right there.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

October 23, 2014 06:21PM
I was like, there's no way that is right. That chest would be huge on him. Then I remembered pit crew probably wears these also.
http://www.raceimage.com/Travis-Pastrana-Oakley-NASCAR-Firesuit-2804-563633_p_9132.html

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login