Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: USRA to return??
November 03, 2014 09:00PM
Doivi Clarkinen
heymagic
maryjuana (for you Seattle and Denver dudes),

Gene, I'm pretty certain pot is legal in Grays Harbor County as well. Don't kid yourself, your neighbors are smoking it, too. Hell, they're probably growing it in their backyard. smoking smiley

Yup, legal I'd guess, except for the federal law part.
Nope..I can see all the backyards from here.
Funny tho, somebody was in the shop the other day and when he left another customer said they smelled pot on him. Figured he had some in his pocket. Sadly I don't know what it smells like...I don't get out much. Really hard to get used to the thought of it being legal though.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fliz
Chad Eixenberger
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 VW Golf #687

November 04, 2014 07:49AM
A1337STI
so we need to buy 1,000 acres in CO ? after proceeds from the special plants everyone will get paid to show up and rally..

You think it's bad having to pay for a tree...imagine what you'll owe in "street value" after you plow through a field of green.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

November 04, 2014 08:24AM
A1337STI
so we need to buy 1,000 acres in CO ? after proceeds from the special plants everyone will get paid to show up and rally..

I found a sweet property in Colorado last year that would have been perfect for this. It was $350k and had an outbuilding and a 100 year old unliveable homesteading cabin. 150 acres of terraced land and 150 for rally track.

Grant Hughes
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

November 04, 2014 11:29AM
sounds like a great 300 acres to me. I saw 27 acres around Reno for 7K.. but you can't grow funny stuff here .. (can't grow anything with out a good water source) but would work for rally romping.

actually a buddy of mine has 600 acres and has slowly slowly been cutting about a 2 mile Dirt track (road course style)

he even has a 6 wheeled road grader / cuter . which Might get about 1/2 mile per gallon .. lol
DaveK
Dave Kern
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

November 04, 2014 03:01PM
NoCoast
I found a sweet property in Colorado last year that would have been perfect for this. It was $350k and had an outbuilding and a 100 year old unliveable homesteading cabin. 150 acres of terraced land and 150 for rally track.

And yet you bought that big house in the burbs instead. For shame!

Where was this?
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

November 05, 2014 04:15PM
DaveK
NoCoast

And yet you bought that big house in the burbs instead. For shame!

Where was this?

Near CORE but closer to Deer Trail and further off interstate. It was terraced like CORE on half of it and then the top was a big flat spot.

It's technically a suburb but look how close downtown Denver looks! (It's the house with the truck in driveway).

Grant Hughes
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

November 05, 2014 04:44PM
wow now that's a little Gem !
webkris
Kristopher Marciniak
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
2003 Dodge Neon

November 20, 2014 03:01PM
heymagic
Well since you mention Subaru and trademark infringement....what's up with this shit ??

Corporate logo has been taken down off the site.
I presume PR announcing new logo is forthcoming...
deaner
Dane Aura
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

January 18, 2015 10:41PM
A few dozen or (way)more people pitching in funds for a piece of property to play on isn't at all far fetched. Motorcycle clubs are all over the country, as well as hunting clubs have been doing it forever. I've been shopping around to one of 4 motorcycle clubs in my area. There's one 8 miles from my house. Motocross track, flat track, kiddo track, clubhouse, general staging area and a 5 mile woods loop on 120acreas. Members pay their monthly dues after being voted in and are expected to put in X amount of worker hours working events. Now obviously tree dodgers of the 4 wheeled kind are a bit further apart geographically and who wants to buy into a property 10 hours(or whatever) only to use it once a year for a club event.
Now, add in other demographics that play in the woods, deserts, etc that love spending money on their toys. 4x4 guys. Moto guys. Quadtards. Etc. Now you have a private compound to go play on, no wasted space and the best part? It just became affordable. After being vetted for a year and paying their dues, I have buddies I ride with that have a place close to home to ride at on short notice(think: spinning a few laps after work) zero their new rifles, take their little kids out to ride, etc all on PRIVATE land. Private being the best part. Show up whenever suits you and not have to worry about "John Q. Public." Just a thought.....
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

January 19, 2015 09:21AM
ESTD!

Don Kennedy
DG_Rally
Dave Grenwis
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
'92 VW Golf

January 20, 2015 10:38AM
deaner
A few dozen or (way)more people pitching in funds for a piece of property to play on isn't at all far fetched. Motorcycle clubs are all over the country, as well as hunting clubs have been doing it forever. I've been shopping around to one of 4 motorcycle clubs in my area. There's one 8 miles from my house. Motocross track, flat track, kiddo track, clubhouse, general staging area and a 5 mile woods loop on 120acreas. Members pay their monthly dues after being voted in and are expected to put in X amount of worker hours working events. Now obviously tree dodgers of the 4 wheeled kind are a bit further apart geographically and who wants to buy into a property 10 hours(or whatever) only to use it once a year for a club event.
Now, add in other demographics that play in the woods, deserts, etc that love spending money on their toys. 4x4 guys. Moto guys. Quadtards. Etc. Now you have a private compound to go play on, no wasted space and the best part? It just became affordable. After being vetted for a year and paying their dues, I have buddies I ride with that have a place close to home to ride at on short notice(think: spinning a few laps after work) zero their new rifles, take their little kids out to ride, etc all on PRIVATE land. Private being the best part. Show up whenever suits you and not have to worry about "John Q. Public." Just a thought.....

Dean, similar things have been said on this and other forums and we're taking the thread quite a bit off topic but there is one thing I like about this... You live close to me and are motivated. If you can find a moto track or gun club nearby that will let us use our rally cars on their roads occasionally, hit me up! I'll join if its reasonable. If I can shoot my guns there, that's a big bonus.

Rally cars only property, I don't think there's a chance. There are probably 2 dozen rally cars in MN right now but probably less than a half dozen active drivers and most of us are spreading our fun funds pretty thin. Finding land with usable pre-built roads is tough to come by but I've seen some decent stretches of road at hunt clubs.

Dave Grenwis - DG Rally - www.dgrally.com
deaner
Dane Aura
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

January 22, 2015 01:28AM
DG_Rally
deaner

Dean, similar things have been said on this and other forums and we're taking the thread quite a bit off topic but there is one thing I like about this... You live close to me and are motivated. If you can find a moto track or gun club nearby that will let us use our rally cars on their roads occasionally, hit me up! I'll join if its reasonable. If I can shoot my guns there, that's a big bonus.

Rally cars only property, I don't think there's a chance. There are probably 2 dozen rally cars in MN right now but probably less than a half dozen active drivers and most of us are spreading our fun funds pretty thin. Finding land with usable pre-built roads is tough to come by but I've seen some decent stretches of road at hunt clubs.

I can surely ask around come race season. I know the clubs around here seem to have events like 3-4 days out of the week it seems. Everything from scrambles, to mx races to flat tracking. All on the same land, pretty crazy. I also know they don't make any money doing it lol, a lot like rally eh? I agree with you as far as a rally car only chunk of property in MN. Years ago I'd daydreamed about hitting the lottery and opening up a HUGE motor complex type place. Woods loops, 4x4 off road trails, a motocross track or two, a smaller road course for drifters, etc. Daydreaming is fun......
Reamer
Jeff Reamer
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru

January 22, 2015 10:45AM
We have Lucky thumb motorcycle club not far from here. They dont mind cars running on there tracks. Cars help smooth over the ruts the 2 wheel guys make.

Go to the local club and convince them your rally car testing will help groom there trails at no extra cost!

First rally 2013
Rally car type AWD subaru
Total rallies as driver 6
Total rally cars built 2
Total rally cars caged 3
Total rally cars repaired from offs 4
Total years racing exp other then rally 19 yrs
Like 31motorsports on FB!
Check out 31motor sales on ebay for used Subaru parts
deaner
Dane Aura
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

January 22, 2015 11:33AM
I'll head down there right now! Now where did I put my flat brimmed hat.......

DG-Rally: you know I just remembered, there's a "park" off 169 north of elk river. The race snowcross in the winter and "beater cross" in the summer. I almost guarantee you they would rent their track out for some testing. I'd spoken with one of the "locals" who races beater cross in the summer and he made it sound like rally cars would be welcomed with open arms there. Have you looked into ice racing? Cheap way to get seat time. I thought nemadji was kicking around having another winter rally too?
DG_Rally
Dave Grenwis
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
'92 VW Golf

January 22, 2015 12:54PM
deaner
I'll head down there right now! Now where did I put my flat brimmed hat.......

DG-Rally: you know I just remembered, there's a "park" off 169 north of elk river. The race snowcross in the winter and "beater cross" in the summer. I almost guarantee you they would rent their track out for some testing. I'd spoken with one of the "locals" who races beater cross in the summer and he made it sound like rally cars would be welcomed with open arms there. Have you looked into ice racing? Cheap way to get seat time. I thought nemadji was kicking around having another winter rally too?

Yeah that's ERX. I contacted them about track rental a few years ago. They told me it would be $500 for 4 hours, $1000 for a day (8 hours). It didn't exactly fit into my budget at time but if we got a couple more cars together it could be worth consideration. The problem with that place is its set up for beaterX so its a bunch of huge jumps and not really anything you can drive at speed to really "practice" rally, it would probably be more of a rallycross/cone squisher layout. If they let us use the service roads we might be able to link some turns together but that might be a stretch. Ironically, I have my old GTI rally shell set aside for its next life as a beater X car. I hope to get it together for this summer but stage rally is first priority... after the wife, kid, job, house, etc... of course smiling smiley

Dave Grenwis - DG Rally - www.dgrally.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2015 12:56PM by DG_Rally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login