Posted by vbares 
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
a pile of electrical gremlins

Re: USRA to return??
October 29, 2014 07:35PM
Hoche, not a sanctioning body involved with rally, but a motorsports sanctioning body, the processes, with the exception of land and road acquisition are nearly similar.

am I the only person that thinking rally doesn't need saving?

fwd for those who want to feel safe
rwd for those who want to have fun
awd for those who want to be poor
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 29, 2014 08:09PM
captdownshift
Hoche, not a sanctioning body involved with rally, but a motorsports sanctioning body, the processes, with the exception of land and road acquisition are nearly similar.

Are you Dave Zajano from Maryland? Put your name in either the signature or the sidebar thing....You can play the hide-n-peek game on all the other hundreds of forums you're on but here we insist on people having enough conviction that they put their real name and location up..
For the betterment of mankind.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

October 29, 2014 08:13PM
That I am John, and I'm not playing hide and seek, but I don't feel that details regarding what sanctioning body I am employed by is relevant. With that being said I'm proud to be employed by PCA club racing, the largest single brand marque racing program in the world and one of the most stable and sound sanctioning bodies of the 30 years.

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 29, 2014 08:51PM
captdownshift aka Dave Zajano
That I am John, and I'm not playing hide and seek, but I don't feel that details regarding what sanctioning body I am employed by is relevant. With that being said I'm proud to be employed by PCA club racing, the largest single brand marque racing program in the world and one of the most stable and sound sanctioning bodies of the 30 years.

I don't care who you work for. And I'm sure nobody else here cares either. It has no relevance to anything here---and further, I don't think anybody even asked you. (Did I miss that?)

well it's out now..

And I just checked, world is still rotating around, still orbiting the sun...just checked and gravity is still working...

Nothing has changed.

But the only thing that a man should invariably do is stand by his words....You're not face to face in print.. You should put your name by your words...
I know Porsche Club is coolio and all and I have even used the membership numbers of Porsche Club to give a comparison to how pitiful and insignificant these various bodies 'ruling' over just 300-320 people are in the rally world.

But that has nothing to do with you Dave choosing to refuse to follow OUR rules, THIS "club" rule which states clearly and unequivocably that full name and real location is required here, and you've been asked nicely several times...Twice today alone...

If I was ever allowed to look at a Porsche Club event I would know i would have to abide by those rules and make the appropriate OOOooooooo and AAaaaaaaaaaahhHH sounds and act like I'm in near-religious awe of the coolness of the owners of those cars.

You're here, have a minimum of respect for our rules...
We have pretty minimal requirements..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 11:30PM by john vanlandingham.
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

October 29, 2014 08:57PM
Thanks. We have only one rule on this forum and it's listed in the Required Information part of this: RALLY ANARCHY RULES - READ THIS FIRST (that means you, newb), i.e. FILL OUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.

However, the main reason I was asking was because I was wondering where you got your ideas about how RA or NRS were organized, and how they work with events, or how rally events are organized in general.

At any rate, I don't know anything about this USRally Association, but I suspect it's a development of the Organizer's HP Rally Group thing, who I had occasion to work with in conjunction with the Mendocino Rally.

Self-righteous douche canoe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 09:33PM by hoche.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

October 29, 2014 09:31PM
captdownshift

Actually no. The process of putting on a stage rally has very little in common with the relatively simple process of renting a track and lining up and organizing corner and race workers, or even finding a parking lot or airstrip to go squash cones, which is usually more difficult but less expensive than renting the track.

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
spalind
Daniel Spalinger
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2009 Nissan Frontier

October 30, 2014 01:29PM
Since I posted it on the "other" site, I'll post it here as well. Here is the makeup of the directors of this new entity:

8 directors: Micah Anderson, Meredith Croucher, Terry Dietz, Doug Nagy, Marni Nagy, Tom Nelson, John Sundelin and Denise McMahon. Its an AZ incorporated non-profit and was incorporated in 9/14.

www.nismostuff.blogspot.com
DexterVW
David Baker
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
95 GTI TDI

October 30, 2014 03:36PM
Who's down for investing in about 1000 acres in maine we can cut our own stages into. I'm hoping (as it is in RI) that if you don't charge for entry to a race event you can't be held liable for anything that happens during it...
reecers
Reece
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Ej20g'd Legacy

October 30, 2014 04:00PM
DexterVW
Who's down for investing in about 1000 acres in maine we can cut our own stages into. I'm hoping (as it is in RI) that if you don't charge for entry to a race event you can't be held liable for anything that happens during it...

too expensive mate, ever built a road before? It aint cheap.

I am not an alien

Koolaid on specialstage just an FYI
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

October 30, 2014 04:03PM
Dave please fill out your name, and location.

you can keep everything else a secret (where you work, favorite color, how much bacon you eat)

smiling smiley
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

October 30, 2014 04:13PM
wvonkessler
captdownshift

Actually no. The process of putting on a stage rally has very little in common with the relatively simple process of renting a track and lining up and organizing corner and race workers, or even finding a parking lot or airstrip to go squash cones, which is usually more difficult but less expensive than renting the track.

that's how you organize an unsuccessful event from both a competition and financial standpoint. There's much more to running a SUCCESSFUL event, let alone series, then booking a venue and having people show up. Throwing cars on a track and money at a venue is a way to piss away money.

You need classing established to promote close competition while making the build and operational cost as competitive as possible for your entrants. This rules also need to remain stable and as consistent as possible. You also need Scrutineers to enforce the rules, with enough checks that competitors aren't tempted to cheat.

You need consistent event structure through out a series so that competitors know what to expect when they arrive, no matter what the event venue.

You need volunteer support, a small army for a road race (tracks don't provide all that you proclaim, not even close). and an even larger army for a stage rally. (The number of grid and corner workers at a properly staffed road race would only cover a single stage of a properly staffed rally).

You need insurance, financial and legal structure and support, this goes along with the consistent structure noted earlier and goes beyond C.Y.A.

I could honestly write a good 20-30 pages on what's needed outlining a proper structure that addressing issues and scenarios that haven't been considered prior to their actual occurrence at events. A good structured protocol will have rules and guidelines in place for those unforeseen hurdles, and review incidents that take place at events held at events held by other sanctioning bodies to review how the situation would have been addressed if it had occurred at their own.

I'm not saying this won't be the case with USRA, I'm just stating what is needed by ANY sanctioning body, and it goes beyond motorsport as well.

spalind
Daniel Spalinger
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2009 Nissan Frontier

October 30, 2014 04:15PM
DexterVW

Sure, if a serious group was ever put together to do something like this I would absolutely be a part owner. Always been interested in an idea like this.

www.nismostuff.blogspot.com
captdownshift
Dave Zajano
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

October 30, 2014 04:16PM
A1337STI
Dave please fill out your name, and location.

you can keep everything else a secret (where you work, favorite color, how much bacon you eat)

smiling smiley

blue, though on a car white. as for the bacon, all of it, the scale and waistline confirms it as well. I fit in a Cayman about as well as I fit in an exige about 7 years ago.

A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

October 30, 2014 06:23PM
That's why i got an E-series van.. if i can move i can still fit into the van smiling smiley no way i won't fit after my bacon binders
Racinkid13
Max
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 MKI GTI

October 31, 2014 07:00AM
why you think i got the Ram 3500? livin here in NC, im gonna need it to haul my fat ass around in about a year. I mean....Front Street sells Mugs o Bacon....I went to a Brewgaloo and they sold Bags o Bacon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 07:01AM by Racinkid13.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login