Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

USUK Racing Sponsors 2015 Sandblast Rally Registration with LED Light Bar Drawing

Posted by simoniac 
simoniac
Simon Wright
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Focus

USUK Racing Sponsors 2015 Sandblast Rally Registration with LED Light Bar Drawing
February 24, 2015 11:44AM

USUK Racing is proud to announce its sponsorship of Registration at the 2015 NASA Rally Sport Sandblast Rally by raffling a 20" USUK Racing LED Light Bar. All proceeds will be donated to the rally to benefit volunteers who work the event.

The USUK Racing 20" LED Light Bar utilizes industry leading, high intensity, CREE 10Watt LEDs, collectively capable of emitting over 10,000 lumens. This racing focused LED light bar contains a mix of Euro-beam and Spot-beam lens and reflector design. Like all USUK Racing light bars, the raffled light bar includes all wiring, a high quality switch, relay, fuse, and connectors needed to install in your vehicle. A working demonstration LED Light Bar will be on display at registration.

What do you have to do to win? The $5 tickets may be purchased only at the Racer/Volunteer registration on Thursday, March 5th from 6:00pm to 8:30pm OR Friday March 6th from 10:00am to 4:30pm or 5:30pm to 8:00pm. Registration is located at the Cheraw Police Department, 258 Second Street, Cheraw, South Carolina. All racing teams, volunteers and spectators are all eligible to enter. The USUK Racing LED Light Bars normally retail for $359. All proceeds benefit Sandblast Rally volunteers. The raffle drawing will occur during the awards dinner and ceremony - attendance is not required to win!

Contact: Simon Wright / swright@usukracing.com / 919-961-3505
Venue: Sandblast Rally Registration
Date & Time: Thursday, March 5th, 2015 6:00pm to 8:30pm OR Friday March 6th, 2015 10:00am to 4:30pm or 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Raffle Price: $5
Raffle Drawing: YMCA Gym in Chesterfield, SC at 9pm on March 7th.

Simon Wright
Owner/Driver USUK Racing - Home of the USUK Racing LED Light Bars!

North America Rally Map
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Brad M
Brad Morris
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2WD Mitsubishi Lancer

Re: USUK Racing Sponsors 2015 Sandblast Rally Registration with LED Light Bar Drawing
February 24, 2015 12:38PM
Very nice Simon!! I think this is a great idea to incentives our volunteers and show our support!

Thanks
Brad
Brian Johnson
Brian Johnson
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Co-Driver - Old School Motorsports WRX

Nice donation, Simon. Kudos to you.

-Brian
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

A friend just noticed you team name is kinda rude U suk.. Wuz dat intentional?

You rude, bro.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
simoniac
Simon Wright
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Focus

Re: USUK Racing Sponsors 2015 Sandblast Rally Registration with LED Light Bar Drawing
February 24, 2015 03:02PM
Indeed it was John. In fact it has been noted that our fans yell out our abbreviated team name as we pass by spectator spots. Much to the puzzlement of spectators not in the know.

Simon Wright

North America Rally Map
Andrew_Frick
Andrew Frick
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Ford Focus

Great sponsorship Simon!
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

simoniac
Indeed it was John. In fact it has been noted that our fans yell out our abbreviated team name as we pass by spectator spots. Much to the puzzlement of spectators not in the know.

Ah! So its like my Team: Flemish American Rally Team and I'm the old one.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Racinkid13
Max
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 MKI GTI

ooo...shiny! more lights...muahahahahahaha...
simoniac
Simon Wright
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Focus

Hi, folks!

I wanted to follow up with the results of our sponsorship at Sandblast Rally registration. We were allocated some space on the tables there and I set up a demo unit wired into a battery. Pretty good idea - you couldn't help but notice when I flicked them on to show them off. I went down to Cheraw, SC a day earlier than usual for the promotion. We were also there throughout the registration periods on Friday.

During the promotion hundreds of racers and crew and volunteers passed through registration and we sold enough raffle tickets to raise $445 for the benefit of the rally volunteers.

While we were there we met Darlene Grant, a Cheraw resident, who has been volunteering for the rally for thirteen years! Many of you who came there met or saw her - she was managing the volunteer registration desk and helping with many other administrative tasks. We also learned that her car was suffering problems with coolant and it finally gave up the fight while she was working the event. She was devastated, worrying where she might find the funds to pay for the repairs so that she could travel to class etc. Some people from the local community were helping with the car repairs but parts and other expenses were still an unknown.

We made an executive decision (which I think was supported by all the other volunteers) to set aside some of the raised funds to help Darlene. Unaware of the real reason that Amy coerced her to come to the awards ceremony on Saturday night, I asked her to draw the winning raffle ticket from a box so that I could announce the winner of the LED Light Bar that we had donated. It was then that I announced she would receive $220 of the raffle funds to help cover her costs to get her car back on the road.

She was overwhelmed (as were many of us at her reaction), in tears, and sobbed her gratitude as I hugged her. She continued to bless us and thank us afterwards too. We are truly grateful for all the work the volunteers donate at each event and was pleased to find some way to thank them. But we were extremely pleased to be able to help out an individual who was in dire need. The remaining funds ($225) will be converted into 9 $25 gas cards and sent to 9 other volunteers chosen at random by Amy.

Almost incidentally, the winner of the USUK Racing LED Light Bar was Matt Brandenburg who, in turn, gave it to his codriver, Elliott Sherwood.

Very pleased with the outcome.

Simon Wright

North America Rally Map
Brian Johnson
Brian Johnson
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Co-Driver - Old School Motorsports WRX

Great story, Simon and a great gesture by both your team and the other volunteers to help out Darlene.

-Brian
deaner
Dane Aura
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

Awesome to hear.
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

March 10, 2015 12:46AM
Hi Simon,

It was nice to meet you and I'm glad you could help out Darlene.

-michel

Self-righteous douche canoe
czwalga
steve czwalga
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

Good stuff Simon.
Racinkid13
Max
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1983 MKI GTI

Was pretty cool to hear you help her out. You could tell it meant a lot to her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login