Posted by ALS FTW 
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

I don't understand something
April 17, 2015 06:13PM
Its not unique to this forum by any stretch but there seems to be a passion, among many on here, to invest time and effort in pointing out how wrong, or bad, or stupid, or misplaced some others are.

So, a question for those who feel compelled to call other people out... what do you get out of it?

Once you reach a decision that someone is trolling or is simply 'acting out,' as we see presently in the 'inverted' thread, doesn't it make more sense to stop wasting the effort on carrying on a pointless conversation?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: I don't understand something
April 17, 2015 06:47PM
ALS FTW
Its not unique to this forum by any stretch but there seems to be a passion, among many on here, to invest time and effort in pointing out how wrong, or bad, or stupid, or misplaced some others are.

So, a question for those who feel compelled to call other people out... what do you get out of it?

Once you reach a decision that someone is trolling or is simply 'acting out,' as we see presently in the 'inverted' thread, doesn't it make more sense to stop wasting the effort on carrying on a pointless conversation?

Let me ask you: what do you suggest we do when we get some punk ass kid like that one, or the crazy guy from Flar0duh who write whole epic novels of how wicked his Mitsubishi Micro-van will be---better than the Gaylant he had?

We ask for their name, we ask they write in some form of English that includes periods, commas and paragraphs, and they get insane..

What would you suggest?

I know there are plenty of sites for what we could call "total wankers" to have their wank-fests on, THIS site was not concieved to be a wank-fest host site....ANYBODY can sign up, but what do we do if there's what is clearly a punk ass twerp going on and on and on?

How have YOU helped?

Cause I don't know...
This site was conceived as a place for ADULTS either participating or actually wanting to participate in rallies.....There's PLENTY to discuss about and around that...
But we get these peripheral people---the brilliant Psychology proffessor who wants to drone on about what he "needs" to do with the Yaw control thing in his Evo-----when he rally-crosses on grass....a complete and utter wanker...

What do we do?
What would you do?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 17, 2015 06:57PM
john vanlandingham
What would you do?

Engage and foster those who are receptive and participatory.
Ignore those who prove to be a waste of time.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Mod Moderator

April 17, 2015 07:04PM
This forum is more like an ongoing bs session in the garage to me. Someone throws out a stupid idea, and the friends all chime in with reasons why it sucks or reasons why it's the best. The rally wagovan mentioned above for instance: that's not the best idea, but I would love to see an awd stanza wagon on stage! Supercharged AWD Previa might be the only greater thing.

The kid was getting a little out there and mouthy. He used the wrong "where/were/we're" and I pointed that out. I would do that to any of my friends. It would be said with a smile and a chuckle. Why? Because that crap is funny! Everyone that knows me personally will attest to my daftness at times, I think it's hilarious.
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone."

JVL and I go back and forth on crap and little arguments all the time. I wouldn't call us enemies, and I've had plenty of good conversations with him face to face. I like the guy and I think he has a lot of great ideas and experience. He may see it differently, but that's how I see it.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 17, 2015 07:38PM
I 'get' an initial rebuff and/or challenging.
What I don't get is some of the prolonged badgering and petty name calling.
At some point, even hangin' in the garage, you'll just turn your back on someone who is being stupid.
Pete
Pete Remner
Infallible Moderator

April 17, 2015 07:42PM
ALS FTW

It's a desire to unfuck perceptions so maybe people don't make the same mistakes we made. Or discourse can occur so maybe differing goals can be brought to light. The first step to going somewhere is knowing exactly where you want to be going,...

Also, if one agrees with something and doesn't have anything to add, what are you gonna post? Mindless drivel.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Clayto
Clayton McCrary
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
XRatty purchased. Now build it!!

April 17, 2015 09:50PM
Inverted thread reminds me of the kid who laid out his blubie spread on here with all the cool carbon bells and gas doors.
Then JVL laid into him......I laughed for dayssmiling smiley

I'm waiting for some pics of kyles Hondas
bloodmistdemon
Bob from state farm
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
your mom

April 18, 2015 02:17AM
My rsx-s

Kyle boyer
Carlisle, PA, USA

You can't
build a reputation
for what your
going to do
Attachments:
open | download - 20150224_105434.jpg (45.7 KB)
20150224_105434.jpg
bloodmistdemon
Bob from state farm
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
your mom

April 18, 2015 02:35AM
It's not a rally car but it was mine.
I was waiting for these "adults" to man up and stop what you call feeding the trolls haha.
everything I've said is all the truth.
was everything out of place and shouldn't of been said ...... yes, yes it was. am I sorry I even started all of this? Nahh it's funny to watch the reaction and opinions of grown adults, I think every thred on here that has a question gets diluted and convoluted answers do to the people that just put the the hole thing down and then the people that make jokes on top of the hate. Or did we forget how to coexist

And my rambling I felt like the hole time

I have the ability to create madness or make peace within...
I have the ability to destroy my worst intentions my worst intentions

Kyle boyer
Carlisle, PA, USA

You can't
build a reputation
for what your
going to do
TomFitz
Tom Fitz
Elite Moderator

April 18, 2015 04:00PM
bloodmistdemon
It's not a rally nor will I ever own a rally car but this hunk of crap was mine for a month until they repo'd it .
I was waiting for these "adults" to man up and stop what you call feeding the trolls haha.
everything I've said is all the truth but my spell check doesn't work worth a shit .
was everything out of place and shouldn't of been said because I am a mental midget ...... yes, yes it was yes I am . am I sorry I even started all of this proving I know less than jack shit about cars not to mention rally and quit school in grade 6 ? Nahh it's funny to watch the reaction and opinions of grown adults when a spoiled wannabe fuktard tries to play troll , I think every thred on here that has a question gets diluted and convoluted ( thank you google big words ) answers do to the people that just put the the hole thing down and then the people that make jokes about me on top of the hate I will ramble on more without a comma because I dropped out in grade 6 to be a Marine . Or did we forget how to coexist when some spoiled punk asks dumb as hell questions and annoys the hell out of rallys ELITE arguing they are right and the rally community doesn't know shit screw this period as well it is not needed so there

And my mentally unstable rambling I felt like the hole time

I should have stayed in school to get a good job not with my dad to even afford anything close to rally
I need to develop better taste in cars
I premature ejaculate
I have the ability to create madness or make peace within IF I take my broken head meds on time ...
I have the ability to destroy my worst intentions my worst intentions , not even sure what this even means but I wrote it anyhow to seem cool
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

April 18, 2015 08:40PM
bloodmistdemon
It's not a rally car but it was mine.
everything I've said is all the truth.
was everything out of place and shouldn't of been said ...... yes, yes it was. am I sorry I even started all of this? Nahh it's funny to watch the reaction and opinions of grown adults, I think every thred on here that has a question gets diluted and convoluted answers do to the people that just put the the hole thing down and then the people that make jokes on top of the hate. Or did we forget how to coexist

And my rambling I felt like the hole time

I have the ability to create madness or make peace within...
I have the ability to destroy my worst intentions my worst intentions
FAAAAAR OUT.... this girl's got like.... girl power... like she's the captain cheerleader or something more important'er.

Still want to know if your mom is hot? Got any nuddies?
bloodmistdemon
Bob from state farm
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
your mom

April 18, 2015 09:06PM
No my compression test had 140 psi on the outside and 130 on the inside pistons and oil above the spark plugs and somebody wanted to put type r pistons in it and I figured the rings where bad so I'd get my hole money's worth out of the car thank you

Kyle boyer
Carlisle, PA, USA

You can't
build a reputation
for what your
going to do
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 18, 2015 09:07PM
TomFitz
bloodmistdemon
It's not a rally nor will I ever own a rally car but this hunk of crap was mine for a month until they repo'd it .
everything I've said is all the truth but my spell check doesn't work worth a shit .
was everything out of place and shouldn't of been said because I am a mental midget ...... yes, yes it was yes I am . am I sorry I even started all of this proving I know less than jack shit about cars not to mention rally and quit school in grade 6 ? Nahh it's funny to watch the reaction and opinions of grown adults when a spoiled wannabe fuktard tries to play troll , I think every thred on here that has a question gets diluted and convoluted ( thank you google big words ) answers do to the people that just put the the hole thing down and then the people that make jokes about me on top of the hate I will ramble on more without a comma because I dropped out in grade 6 to be a Marine . Or did we forget how to coexist when some spoiled punk asks dumb as hell questions and annoys the hell out of rallys ELITE arguing they are right and the rally community doesn't know shit screw this period as well it is not needed so there

And my mentally unstable rambling I felt like the hole time

I should have stayed in school to get a good job not with my dad to even afford anything close to rally
I need to develop better taste in cars
I premature ejaculate
I have the ability to create madness or make peace within IF I take my broken head meds on time ...
I have the ability to destroy my worst intentions my worst intentions , not even sure what this even means but I wrote it anyhow to seem cool

A work of true literature there Tom, well done...I wish I had been able to write such a piece...
Free beer when we meet someday.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

April 18, 2015 09:41PM
probably spark plug seals

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
TomFitz
Tom Fitz
Elite Moderator

April 18, 2015 10:24PM
NEW drinking game . . . . . Count how many times hole is typed instead of Whole and take a shot . Honors level edjewmakatiun at its best .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login