Posted by john vanlandingham 
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

Re: Meanwhile in Oregon
April 28, 2015 11:18AM
my friend is trying to sort through the 16,206 pics that her and her son took this weekend, anyone got a recognition program she can use that will sort by car number? :p

anywoo, she's been sending teaser pics to me, I'll save jvl the horror of having to look at any of the top team subies winking smiley

Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

April 28, 2015 11:55AM
I can say that we have a very high fun factor with the Clark's! Dave's positive attitude is a huge advantage.

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 29, 2015 01:04AM
john vanlandingham
And finally you have taken to statements out of their original contexts and cinflated them and set thenm next to each other....
Conflated and set them together?
Isn't that redundant and repetitive? :-)

john vanlandingham
I cannot, its too silly. The one does not refer to the other
At least now we know you compartmentalize well.

I see what you mean about benchmarks though. Of course a benchmark will be something you are familiar with and 'know' well. That doesn't mean you want to ignore where on the broader spectrum your benchmark exists does it?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 29, 2015 01:47AM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
And finally you have taken to statements out of their original contexts and cinflated them and set thenm next to each other....
Conflated and set them together?
Isn't that redundant and repetitive? :-)

john vanlandingham
I cannot, its too silly. The one does not refer to the other
At least now we know you compartmentalize well.

I see what you mean about benchmarks though. Of course a benchmark will be something you are familiar with and 'know' well. That doesn't mean you want to ignore where on the broader spectrum your benchmark exists does it?

Look dude, why can't I just wish some friends some Thumbs Up without a bunch of fucking flak and bullshit trying to find fault???

I see you haven't started your love fest thread about the guys you were so worried about not getting their e-love...whats up with that?

That says you really weren't worried that any of the 55% of the field in the Subies didn't get their just due stroking, and that you were basically just looking to "stir the poo"..

Or so it seems..

I have a much broader "spectrum" than most here, and any references to even thinking about 'other parts of the spectrum" is met with endless embarrassing stupidity...And so yeah compartmentalise...Such is the inter-net and such is conversation with people who are somewhat politely said 'provincial"...

Not about your thread you were going to start....

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 29, 2015 10:13AM
john vanlandingham
Look dude, why can't I just wish some friends some Thumbs Up without a bunch of fucking flak and bullshit trying to find fault???

If you were paying attention at all, you'd know that the issue is being dismissive of someone 12 minutes faster than the people you are giving a thumbs up to. Everyone loves a tight battle, but when that battle is near the middle of the pack, it it really that special? (I'm sure the drivers involved are great guys, and I'm not taking anything away from them personally.)

john vanlandingham
I see you haven't started your love fest thread about the guys you were so worried about not getting their e-love...whats up with that?...
Not about your thread you were going to start...
Integrity is a big thing with me and people know me as someone who will do something when he says he will. You suggested I start another thread. I never said I was. From where I sit, this is all appropriate in this thread.
So, don't ask me why I haven't done something I never said I was going to do.

john vanlandingham
I have a much broader "spectrum" than most here, and any references to even thinking about 'other parts of the spectrum" is met with endless embarrassing stupidity...And so yeah compartmentalise...Such is the inter-net and such is conversation with people who are somewhat politely said 'provincial"...

I suppose I should have been clearer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_%28psychology%29

Wikipedia
Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves...

For clarity sake: Getting excited about a less than a minute gap but getting all meh about a 3rd overall (real overall) result 12 minutes faster by someone in their fourth event do seem rather conflicted.
alkun
Albert Kun
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

April 29, 2015 11:27AM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham

If you were paying attention at all, you'd know that the issue is being dismissive of someone 12 minutes faster than the people you are giving a thumbs up to. Everyone loves a tight battle, but when that battle is near the middle of the pack, it it really that special? (I'm sure the drivers involved are great guys, and I'm not taking anything away from them personally.)

john vanlandingham
I see you haven't started your love fest thread about the guys you were so worried about not getting their e-love...whats up with that?...
Not about your thread you were going to start...
Integrity is a big thing with me and people know me as someone who will do something when he says he will. You suggested I start another thread. I never said I was. From where I sit, this is all appropriate in this thread.
So, don't ask me why I haven't done something I never said I was going to do.

john vanlandingham

I suppose I should have been clearer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compartmentalization_%28psychology%29

Wikipedia
Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves...

For clarity sake: Getting excited about a less than a minute gap but getting all meh about a 3rd overall (real overall) result 12 minutes faster by someone in their fourth event do seem rather conflicted.

Posts like this are why rally is dying.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 29, 2015 11:46AM
well Don what an odd thing you're doing...
I am not at all unconscious of what I am doing, not at all having any mental discomfort in simply wishing some guys I know and like, in cars I know and like and believe in good wishes and congratulations...no cognitive dissonance...

I have explained it clear enough for most people and you're increasing parsing seems to be indicative of some problem you are suffering from...

You seem to think that everybody must compliment/cheer on/praise everybody or it means some kind of disrespect...
In short that others--in this case I---must think exactly as you think...

I'm simply not interested in any turbo 4wd cars...===For example when the Hintzs' were in their (white) Subaru and capable of winning regional events, I didn't comment then (Not interested.)

When they were in their nice 2nd Gen RX7 I did comment...I

Not commenting on something I am fully aware of, understand, but am not interested in is not an attack, and not unusual...

I suggested you start a thread about the glorious amazing achievemts of whoever you want----
since you seem so agitated and upset that there was no mention.. Agitation and upset enough to go on for days and to parse and search for everything possible to criticize about me giving thumbs up to a couple of good guys.

(Didya notice i didn't say anything about the guy in the nice red Saab---same car, same color that I have always rallied? or the guys in the Cortina, a car i like and I believe made the suspension for..

I don't know them... so they probably don't give a shit if I say Thumbs up...

OK?)

Anything else you upset about?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Wedge
Matt Barnes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
TOYOTA PASEO

April 29, 2015 12:18PM
Here's a photo gallery from the service area on sunday (link):

Right now, someone somewhere is practicing. And when you face him, he will beat you.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 29, 2015 01:54PM
Parsing just makes things clearer...
john vanlandingham
...since you seem so agitated and upset that there was no mention...
If you think I'm agitated and upset, I suggest you're more than a wee bit on the sensitive side.

john vanlandingham
well Don what an odd thing you're doing...
I see that now.
No point in trying to reason with someone who lives in their own reality.

john vanlandingham
Not commenting on something I am fully aware of, understand, but am not interested in is not an attack, and not unusual....
But in this case, I pointed out Seehorn's accomplishment, someone else added their thoughts and comments, and rather than 'not commenting' you chose to 'meh, everyone's slow.'

I know this is your forum. I was hoping for a place with good information for anyone. Unfortunatley way more chaff than wheat.
Dante
Allan Dantes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
87 Mazda LSRX-7

April 29, 2015 03:43PM
VERY NICE gallery Mr. Barnes! I love this side of rally!

Wedge
Here's a photo gallery from the service area on sunday (link):

Owner, Driver, Head Mechanic, and Janitor at Tower City Race Team, headquartered near L'Anse. Michigan.
Driver / CoDriver in Rally America, NASARallySport, ARA, AMS, UPMDA, Champ Off Road

https://www.facebook.com/TowerCityRaceTeam/
https://www.instagram.com/towercityraceteam/
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 29, 2015 04:52PM
ALS FTW
Parsing just makes things clearer...

I know this is your forum. I was hoping for a place with good information for anyone. Unfortunatley way more chaff than wheat.

This is not my forum, it is owned by Skye Poier, from Central BC...

There is good information for everybody...it my not be in the exact tone and manner in which you evidently need information to be served up to you, but plenty of good information...If you had filled in your location correctly we could say "Well since you're in Calgary--I assume you want to see what 2 guys locally managed to do as their first ever builds? All with good information from HERE..

If you can say---just because i didn't want to get excited about some guy, just another in a long stream in the last 15 years buying a turbo AWD car and finishing where ever----that there is not good information, then you can't read.

When I've cheered on a couple of Subie guys to wit Colin Bombara and Kevin Turner---because i know and like them and have worked with them, there was an asshole from Calgary complaining about that...

What's wrong with you guys in Calgary?
You have to complain about everything all the time?
Nothing meets your standards of integrity?

If you think the info is bad here, try any other US forum--10 time worse,

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 29, 2015 05:34PM
john vanlandingham
My mistake. Everyone I talk to says its 'your' forum and it sure reads that way.

john vanlandingham
Not from Calgary. I work in sustainable energy, mostly in the southern part of the province. But I'm used to traveling around the province, so being 'in' Calgary is easy. Being 'in' Edmonton is tougher, not because it's further away, but because it's Edmonton.

I haven't complained yet. You're mighty sensitive if you think I have.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 29, 2015 05:53PM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
My mistake. Everyone I talk to says its 'your' forum and it sure reads that way.

john vanlandingham
Not from Calgary. I work in sustainable energy, mostly in the southern part of the province. But I'm used to traveling around the province, so being 'in' Calgary is easy. Being 'in' Edmonton is tougher, not because it's further away, but because it's Edmonton.

I haven't complained yet. You're mighty sensitive if you think I have.

If you are an honest person, and even half alert, you'll soon see that those that say that are full of shit, morons and butt-hurt about life... and that most everything they say is likewise useless.

The fact that you repeat it after all this preceeding bullshit seems to me to indicate that you really weren't interested in how any guys in 3rd or whatever were doing, that they needed cheer-leading, but that you just wanted to troll.
No other word for it...

What's you problem really? Middle aged and don't have a rally car? Can't commit?

Kinda ironic that you work in sustainable energy, and you want to pick fights with the guy who for more than 25 years has been pushing for a sustainable model for rally, and individually, a sustainable "approach" to the sport---ie (since you probably haven't been following very closely) choosing cars they can afford, cars that can be progressively built , cars that are within their ability to keep running, even if it is not something new and shiny that "everbody says" is the latest gotta have thing...

Kinda going against the current of mindless consumer capitalist economy...and sounds like you approach the energy question from a similar longer term way...

Odd that you want to troll badly somebody trying to do this pastime sensibly and sustainably...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 29, 2015 07:10PM
john vanlandingham
If you are an honest person, and even half alert, you'll soon see that those that say that are full of shit, morons and butt-hurt about life... and that most everything they say is likewise useless.

Actually, they've been some of the most positive and helpful people I've come across.In the same breath as calling this 'your forum' they also talk about how much you have to offer. Maybe they are full of shit...

john vanlandingham
Kinda ironic that you work in sustainable energy, and you want to pick fights with the guy who for more than 25 years has been pushing for a sustainable model for rally...
There is nothing sustainable about throwing money and time, no matter how little, into a hobby. Mitigating losses and maximising return is what you're pushing, not real sustainability.

john vanlandingham
Odd that you want to troll badly somebody trying to do this pastime sensibly and sustainably...
Odd that you think I'm trolling.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 29, 2015 08:04PM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham

Actually, they've been some of the most positive and helpful people I've come across.In the same breath as calling this 'your forum' they also talk about how much you have to offer. Maybe they are full of shit...

john vanlandingham
Kinda ironic that you work in sustainable energy, and you want to pick fights with the guy who for more than 25 years has been pushing for a sustainable model for rally...
There is nothing sustainable about throwing money and time, no matter how little, into a hobby. Mitigating losses and maximising return is what you're pushing, not real sustainability.

john vanlandingham
Odd that you think I'm trolling.

Gotta correct individual words "no sustainable ..." mitigating and maximising returns..

Whatever..sustainable in that they can keep doing it.. You really don't understand that?

Give you a hint if ever you get a car and either try and build or drive: better learn to be a lot more flexible or you'll never get anything done or more importantly learn anything..

Now; done derailing this thread or do you have more to complain about?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login