Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1987 xr4ti

Re: Welded Diff for Rally?
June 26, 2015 12:02PM
john vanlandingham

Holy shit!

Carrier
Toyota Supra 7073 $100 Mitch's Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MI(Detroit) Request_Quote 313-365-4844 Request_Insurance_Quote
17 miles

http://www.car-part.com/

search for "carrier"

Hey John, when I found the diff you mentioned above ^ I noticed I found it in the "w/o turbo;

(4.30 ratio), non-locking" category... Be prepared for my noob question but doesn't

"non-locking" mean its gonna be a one-wheel peeler AKA non LSD. If thats the case I did find a "

w/o turbo; (4.30 ratio), locking" Differential for only $150 that I'll probably go with with if, the

"non-locking" diff is a one wheel peeler.

-Conner
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 26, 2015 03:24PM
cmanreinhart
john vanlandingham

Holy shit!

Carrier
Toyota Supra 7073 $100 Mitch's Auto Parts, Inc. USA-MI(Detroit) Request_Quote 313-365-4844 Request_Insurance_Quote
17 miles

http://www.car-part.com/

search for "carrier"

Hey John, when I found the diff you mentioned above ^ I noticed I found it in the "w/o turbo;

(4.30 ratio), non-locking" category... Be prepared for my noob question but doesn't

"non-locking" mean its gonna be a one-wheel peeler AKA non LSD. If thats the case I did find a "

w/o turbo; (4.30 ratio), locking" Differential for only $150 that I'll probably go with with if, the

"non-locking" diff is a one wheel peeler.

-Conner

Well you never really know till you look at the case---and really intil you spin the one output flange and the udder goes da the SAME direction..
review: "LSD Oil Only" sticker on back cover
and spin test.

GIT On IT

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
cmanreinhart
Conner Reinhart
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1987 xr4ti

July 23, 2015 10:31PM
john vanlandingham
Well you never really know till you look at the case---and really intil you spin the one output flange and the udder goes da the SAME direction..
and spin test.

GIT On IT

Hey John, alright well I'm currently in the process of picking up and purchasing a 4.30 LSD Supra Diff..... I don't know if you have any kits available but, what's the best way to get a hold of you to purchase one of your supra diff kits?

- Thanks, Conner
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 24, 2015 02:22AM
cmanreinhart
john vanlandingham
and spin test.

GIT On IT

Hey John, alright well I'm currently in the process of picking up and purchasing a 4.30 LSD Supra Diff..... I don't know if you have any kits available but, what's the best way to get a hold of you to purchase one of your supra diff kits?

- Thanks, Conner

Oh I dunno

maybe......

CALL +1 206 431-9696

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
cmanreinhart
Conner Reinhart
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1987 xr4ti

July 24, 2015 11:14AM
john vanlandingham
Oh I dunno

maybe......

CALL +1 206 431-9696

Alright sounds sounds good. I'll give you a shout later tonight around 8ish Pacific Time if thats alright... Sorry for asking just didn't want to call unexpectedly.

- Thanks, Conner
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 24, 2015 01:20PM
cmanreinhart
john vanlandingham
Oh I dunno

maybe......

CALL +1 206 431-9696

Alright sounds sounds good. I'll give you a shout later tonight around 8ish Pacific Time if thats alright... Sorry for asking just didn't want to call unexpectedly.

- Thanks, Conner
Don't be shy, call anythime
Be better earlier tonight tho. Movie time wif wifey.
Tonight's feature is 一江春水向东流 or The Spring River Flows East,

The Spring River Flows East, also translated as The Tears of Yangtze, is a 1947 Chinese film directed by Cai Chusheng and Zheng Junli and is generally considered one of the great Chinese films of the period. The Hong Kong Film Awards ranked it in its list of greatest Chinese language films ever made at number 27.[1] Produced by Kunlun Film Company, the film is over three hours long and consists of two parts, Eight War-Torn Years (八年離亂) and The Dawn (天亮前后), released one after the other the same year.

The film details the trials and tribulations of a family around the Second Sino-Japanese War, in pre-war, wartime and post-war China. The first part of the film, Eight War-Torn Years details the early life and marriage of a young working-class couple, Sufen (Bai Yang), and Zhang Zhongliang (Tao Jin) and the strain produced when the husband is forced to flee to Chungking while leaving his family in Shanghai during the war.

The second part of the film details Zhang Zhongliang's return to Shanghai, now married into a wealthy bourgeois family for whom Sufen is forced to work as a maid.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Mod Moderator

July 24, 2015 03:08PM
john vanlandingham

The Spring River Flows East, also translated as The Tears of Yangtze, is a 1947 Chinese film directed by Cai Chusheng and Zheng Junli and is generally considered one of the great Chinese films of the period. The Hong Kong Film Awards ranked it in its list of greatest Chinese language films ever made at number 27.[1] Produced by Kunlun Film Company, the film is over three hours long and consists of two parts, Eight War-Torn Years (八年離亂) and The Dawn (天亮前后), released one after the other the same year.

The film details the trials and tribulations of a family around the Second Sino-Japanese War, in pre-war, wartime and post-war China. The first part of the film, Eight War-Torn Years details the early life and marriage of a young working-class couple, Sufen (Bai Yang), and Zhang Zhongliang (Tao Jin) and the strain produced when the husband is forced to flee to Chungking while leaving his family in Shanghai during the war.

The second part of the film details Zhang Zhongliang's return to Shanghai, now married into a wealthy bourgeois family for whom Sufen is forced to work as a maid.

That would be a very interesting to see pre-Cultural Revolution China on film.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 24, 2015 04:46PM
Robert Culbertson
john vanlandingham

That would be a very interesting to see pre-Cultural Revolution China on film.

Veeeeeeeery interesting to see Shang-hai made films from the 30s.. Just watched 2 a couple of weeks ago:
Twin Sisters (Chinese: 姊妹花; pinyin: Zǐ mèi hūa) is a 1934 Chinese film directed by Zheng Zhengqiu.

Story of twin sisters separated when young and the tragic struggles of the one and the luxorious, but corrupt life in Shanghai of the father who abandoned the family and the one daughter he took with him.

See it here:
https://archive.org/details/twinsisters

The other came out in 1937---the year the War in the Pacific broke out full tilt.

There was a clear leftist and popularist message in most 30s Chinese films. The KMT (Goumindang or so called "Nationalists"winking smiley were already clearly corrupt thru and thru and there was a growing expectation of wanting fairness and justice....and then the war came---first in the North in '31 and then to the whole country in '37... Tragedy is a big deal everywhere in Asia and these films are harsh....and then you think about what was going on in the real world and what was to happen just a few years later..Gives one an understanding of where support for the CCP was rooted in.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

August 11, 2015 08:07AM
Conner, you get a supra diff in your car yet? Anything you are stuck on?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 11, 2015 09:37AM
Thomas Kimsey

Waiting on me finishin the top plate of the rear mount.

I'm bad..--actually Jason is bad..He's moved and is supposed to call and i go and mock up things on his car.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
cmanreinhart
Conner Reinhart
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1987 xr4ti

August 13, 2015 10:26AM
Thomas Kimsey

Hey Thomas, no sadly not yet. Im still in the mix of picking up a diff, although the diff im inquiring about is still an "open" diff for the price he's asking for it I can't really go wrong since I cant even find a 4.30 LSD thats relativity close to me. But I think im just gonna gather all the parts needed for the swap then when winter comes I'll try to conquer the swap... Anyways, thanks for checking up I appreciate it! I'll probably be bothering you guys more when the time comes to do the swap.

-Conner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2015 10:26AM by cmanreinhart.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 13, 2015 12:54PM
I really wished i had welded my diff for the hill climb. Open diff sucked!
Gotta build the rally spec clutch 4.1 i have sitting in a box.

Grant Hughes
DaveK
Dave Kern
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

August 13, 2015 01:35PM
NoCoast
I really wished i had welded my diff for the hill climb. Open diff sucked!
Gotta build the rally spec clutch 4.1 i have sitting in a box.

What happened to the LSD that was in the car pre-Chump-we're-out-to-screw-the-E36-rule-change?
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 13, 2015 03:08PM
That wasn't a LSD, it was a 3.91 final drive. I delivered the red car with that diff in it instead of slapping one of these crappy 2.93 ones of yours (I assume they are yours) into it like I meant to. The other diff of unknown ratio couldn't turn by hand at all so is probably proper effed.
I have two 4.1 ring and pinions from an E39, one 4.1 LSD medium case from an E30, one LSD center section from an E36, and a few E36 cases to work with. Just have to run the cover on the mill to remove a few mm so we can stuff some extra plates in there and then spend a little bit of time playing with shims to get them to the lockup level I'd like.
Do you know if the Compact uses E30 mounts? So the E30 diff could drop right into that?

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 13, 2015 05:09PM
NoCoast
That wasn't a LSD, it was a 3.91 final drive. I delivered the red car with that diff in it instead of slapping one of these crappy 2.93 ones of yours (I assume they are yours) into it like I meant to. The other diff of unknown ratio couldn't turn by hand at all so is probably proper effed.
I have two 4.1 ring and pinions from an E39, one 4.1 LSD medium case from an E30, one LSD center section from an E36, and a few E36 cases to work with. Just have to run the cover on the mill to remove a few mm so we can stuff some extra plates in there and then spend a little bit of time playing with shims to get them to the lockup level I'd like.
Do you know if the Compact uses E30 mounts? So the E30 diff could drop right into that?

Just shim it, don't fuck with extra plates. Stack it right--alternating and shim it..006 ZFs use a select fit washer, machine THAT if you want to machine something.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login