Good Evening All - Hello from a complete novice

Posted by brian.c.ahearn 
brian.c.ahearn
Brian Ahearn
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

Good Evening All - Hello from a complete novice
August 18, 2015 06:55PM
Like a good little boy, I skimmed the "read this first" and liked the bit about inviting people a diverse group of individuals into the living room. I should admit that for a while I stood in the corner, watching and judging to make sure you were all some level of crazy before deciding to say hi and stick around for the party.

You all know how it starts, one day as a kid my dad came home with a VHS tape of the RAC rally circa late 80's early 90's; you know the rest. Fast-forward twenty something years, and although my involvement in rallying could be more substantial I have been to a few rallies in person (STPR 2009, Acropolis 2010), crewed for a 10 car in the Baja 500 and rallycrossed my DD e30.

You’ll notice that the “rally car” section of my profile is unfortunately, but intentionally left blank. I’m starting my second year of medical school, which means that it is likely to stay that way for a while.

In the meantime, I’ll be here lurking and occasionally interjecting nothing that’s very useful. Oh, and don’t worry John, when the time is right I’ll definitely give you a call.

-Cheers,
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 07:05PM by brian.c.ahearn.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

Re: Good Evening All - Hello from a complete novice
August 19, 2015 08:26AM
Hey there Brian,
There is a strong RallyX program (lotsa E30's)with the DC group that runs events in Frostburg, MD. As a matter of fact, there is a test n tune event on Saturday and a RallyX on Sunday. Feel free to stop by as I and a bunch of other friends should be there both days...

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
brian.c.ahearn
Brian Ahearn
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

Re: Good Evening All - Hello from a complete novice
August 19, 2015 06:18PM
Thanks Turoc! I'm in a Facebook group (dirtye30's) with the DC guys and have been following their rallyX for a while. The old course looked great, but the new one in Frostburg seems a little rough and rocky for a daily driver that I have to nurse along for the foreseeable future. The event I did was with the Tarheel Sports Car Club, which was in NC. Even for that one I was glad to have a skid plate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login