Tero Salminen-2015 F-Cup Champion Season Video

Posted by Eric Ewert 
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Elite Moderator

Re: Tero Salminen-2015 F-Cup Champion Season Video
January 29, 2016 02:59PM
tdrrally
i could not help but notice the cage and the lack of many parts that we have and they don't

It's because we have over-protective nannies, and prefer to be coddled.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
RollyRally
Elite Moderator

February 01, 2016 11:02PM
cool video
czwalga
steve czwalga
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

February 02, 2016 09:19AM
john vanlandingham
Robert Culbertson
Paul Buck
Funny you should mention the skidplate, Culbertson sent me that photo for the exact same purpose!

I was more pointing out the simplicity of the cars. The stock trailing arms that are just plated, the trick little front control arms that work for both sides, the simple skid plate (that would definitely get mangled by Mongo).

And how is it possible that these guys surviver without the entire underside of the car covered by UHW whatever that so many insist is NEEEEEEDED!!!!Over everything!!!!

Hey Eric, notice it was the last guy, the younger one, who had all Bobo brakes all round..the real fast guys have sumpin else...you too can survive with those ABS fronts.

Not sure, but my first car was basically sandblasted to death with the entire underside rusting due to it.

The plastic doesn't prevent big damage, but slow degradation of the sheet metal. If you prep it in between rallys, i'm sure you can preserve it, but its easy to slap the plastic on in the beginning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 09:24AM by czwalga.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

February 02, 2016 10:02AM
czwalga
Not sure, but my first car was basically sandblasted to death with the entire underside rusting due to it.

Yeah, but how many events did you do in that car. Finns build a new car like every two years if they can keep from crashing it. smiling smiley

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

February 02, 2016 11:12AM
czwalga
john vanlandingham
Robert Culbertson
Paul Buck
Funny you should mention the skidplate, Culbertson sent me that photo for the exact same purpose!

I was more pointing out the simplicity of the cars. The stock trailing arms that are just plated, the trick little front control arms that work for both sides, the simple skid plate (that would definitely get mangled by Mongo).

And how is it possible that these guys surviver without the entire underside of the car covered by UHW whatever that so many insist is NEEEEEEDED!!!!Over everything!!!!

Hey Eric, notice it was the last guy, the younger one, who had all Bobo brakes all round..the real fast guys have sumpin else...you too can survive with those ABS fronts.

The plastic doesn't prevent big damage, but slow degradation of the sheet metal. If you prep it in between rallys, i'm sure you can preserve it, but its easy to slap the plastic on in the beginning.

Yeah same with my old car. Entire underside completely clean and bare..Never a big deal out here when we would go play in the woods between events 1-2 times a month but when i moved to fawkin Bawstin immediately it was panic...so it got carefully prepped and painted.

And yeah rock spray is a bitch..Out here almost all the so called gravel is actually crushed rock and the rock is often old basaltic igneous nasty shit and "large" so it does abrade the metal... But some stategically placed armor and some deflectors is one thing... blanketing layers in the way of all everything underneath is often just the "this is good....5 times is 5 times better" mentality..

Hey Steve, I think you did good in the snow...What suspenders did you use?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
czwalga
steve czwalga
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
95 awd celica

February 02, 2016 08:00PM
john vanlandingham
czwalga
john vanlandingham
Robert Culbertson
Paul Buck

Yeah same with my old car. Entire underside completely clean and bare..Never a big deal out here when we would go play in the woods between events 1-2 times a month but when i moved to fawkin Bawstin immediately it was panic...so it got carefully prepped and painted.

And yeah rock spray is a bitch..Out here almost all the so called gravel is actually crushed rock and the rock is often old basaltic igneous nasty shit and "large" so it does abrade the metal... But some stategically placed armor and some deflectors is one thing... blanketing layers in the way of all everything underneath is often just the "this is good....5 times is 5 times better" mentality..

Hey Steve, I think you did good in the snow...What suspenders did you use?

Ha, I had a hell'ish event. Somehow managed 2nd in OL the first regional without notes for 3 out of 6 stages; guys usually right behind me had issues. Dad got sick; never really happened to him before; puked with about 5 miles left on the last stage.

Second day, ran two pretty poor stages; re-ran the first stage and drove balls out.... then on the 2nd to last corner I stalled and slid into a snowbank and somehow got stuck; lost 16 minutes. From there I drove about 80% aside from 1 stage (hungry 5, just cause I was familiar with it). Pulled a bunch of people out, was getting stuck behind some people.

To top it all of, lost a wheel on the trailer and had to drive the rally car home 8 hours, with a transmission not geared for it and straight pipe. 4200 RPM for 8 hours sucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2016 07:21AM by czwalga.
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

February 03, 2016 05:52AM
yep!

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login