Matt Follett
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

Re: EPA race car thingy...
February 12, 2016 08:09AM
AaronJMcConnell
You clueless beyond belief. -1 for you.

Actually, thats one of his more astute posts...
Please Login or Register to post a reply
rallytaff
Pete Morris
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Sold.

February 12, 2016 08:28PM
I totally agree with "Go EPA, go" Go straight to hell and do not collect $200! Useless leftist bureaucRATS!
Jens
Jens
Ultra Moderator

February 12, 2016 08:59PM
rallytaff
I totally agree with "Go EPA, go" Go straight to hell and do not collect $200! Useless leftist bureaucRATS!

Those fucking Communists wore out their usefulness long ago.
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

February 12, 2016 09:45PM
This thread is awesome. Mention the EPA and the angry "patriots" start yelling and freaking out. There are a bunch of other angry "patriots" ten minutes away from me in Multnomah County Jail awaiting federal charges.

Try not to get too worked up now gentlemen.
Jens
Jens
Ultra Moderator

February 12, 2016 09:51PM
Statists and moonbats love comparing apples and oranges.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 09:56PM by Jens.
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

February 12, 2016 10:17PM
Jens
Statists and moonbats love comparing apples and oranges.

They're both fruits!

Zing! Moonbats!
tbolt64
Drew
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Seriously looking into this...

February 13, 2016 07:44PM
I see this as a bit of an overreach by the EPA as it targets the everyman racecar, but I'm not sure the government pencil pushers or tree huggers are behind this...

Realistically though, how much air pollution is caused by the very few number of modified vehicles when compared to the number of perfectly "legal" vehicles hitting the road every day?

I see a much darker cause behind this legislation. I see this as something that may be driven by the corporations attacking the enthusiast.

Realistically, this is an attack on the sources of "speed parts" marked "off road use only" that somehow magically end up on street driven Mustangs, Cameros, Civics and diesel trucks.

I think the OEs want to make it so consumers can no longer BUILD fast cars and must then BUY fast cars.
Jens
Jens
Ultra Moderator

February 13, 2016 07:57PM
Very few gun crimes are committed with rifles but the government keeps sticking their dicks up the asses of legal gun owners. The EPA is just another out of control department that will fuck who and what they can.

The car manufacturers aren't going to piddle around in small dollar race cars. Chaulk this one up to the fucking commies in the EPA and the Traitor-in-Chief's "global warming" legacy bullshit.

tbolt64
I see this as a bit of an overreach by the EPA as it targets the everyman racecar, but I'm not sure the government pencil pushers or tree huggers are behind this...

Realistically though, how much air pollution is caused by the very few number of modified vehicles when compared to the number of perfectly "legal" vehicles hitting the road every day?

I see a much darker cause behind this legislation. I see this as something that may be driven by the corporations attacking the enthusiast.

Realistically, this is an attack on the sources of "speed parts" marked "off road use only" that somehow magically end up on street driven Mustangs, Cameros, Civics and diesel trucks.

I think the OEs want to make it so consumers can no longer BUILD fast cars and must then BUY fast cars.
tbolt64
Drew
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

February 13, 2016 08:10PM
Dude, the attack is on the performance aftermarket, not the racers... The guys building and racing cars are just going to get the ass end of the deal.

If the widely available speed parts dry up because they are illegal to sell (and part of the EPA proposal states that engines lose their emissions "certification" once they've been altered from their "certified state"winking smiley and you want a fast car, you have to buy one.

This whole thingy will effectively outlaw high compression pistons, aftermarket cams, bigger turbos and high-flow manifolds (the very things that make a performance engine).

So in the absence of performance parts to modify non-performance vehicles, people will be forced to buy "certified" high performance cars from the manufacturers... WRX STI, Focus/Fiesta ST, Mustang GT/Cobra, Camero SS or ZL1 or Corvette or whatever, SRT Chrysler junk... All of these are nice high mark-up products that make their manufacturers lots of money.
rallytaff
Pete Morris
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Sold.

February 14, 2016 10:48AM
I would not believe one word of what the corrupt and lying IPCC tell me! They've been lying and changing data to suit their own needs and is just another organization wanting the dollars from your wallet!
Mad Matt F
Matt Follett
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

February 14, 2016 10:53AM
rallytaff
I would not believe one word of what the corrupt and lying IPCC tell me! They've been lying and changing data to suit their own needs and is just another organization wanting the dollars from your wallet!

so you'd believe an industry interested in it's own protection?

whatever.

as said, i work with scientists working on climate change... they aren't making shit up.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

February 14, 2016 11:11AM
Mad Matt F
so you'd believe an industry interested in it's own protection?

whatever.

as said, i work with scientists working on climate change... they aren't making shit up.
This business of "Climate Change", formerly known as "Global Warming" isn't trying to protect itself? To quantitate what amounts to a mere split second of recording against the massive amount of time prior to recording is futile at best. The climate is changing, will always change and has always changed. The problem with the argument is that funded "science" perceives that we not only have an effect but it's certainly a negative one, you know, we are warming the place up but be god damned if we might not be heading towards an ice age and slowing that society ending onslaught. It's kind of arrogant, forest fires smog entire continents and volcanic vents spew more greenhouse gas in a year than humans have in their entire existance, one significant eruption would erase any thoughts of warming and throw us into a decade long winter. We are nothing to this planet in the grand scheme, people need to quit appologizing, accept their tiny place in the ecosystem and realize that we don't rule this planets destiny. There were scientists that believed the planet was flat, just because they studied it didn't mean they made shit up, they took the observations available and decided the facts, only they were wrong.
I tire of tax dollars being wasted on science that doesn't move us forward. The progress made by science from 1920-1970 is being replaced by people studying the dumbest things, oh really giving alcohol to college students results in more unprotected sex, takes science 3 years studying this or someone with common sense 2 seconds to arrive at the same conclusion.

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

February 14, 2016 02:39PM
I'm glad to get an idea of where you're coming from regarding this issue, and I too question things released as "science fact." However, saying that we, as humans have a minimal impact on the ecosystem is downright naive.

Birds build nests and bears build dens. We build skyscrapers and Coliseums. Beavers dam creeks, we dam massive rivers. Just ask the natives of the Columbia River Gorge where Celilo Falls went to get an idea of how we affect the ecosystem. Animal species wiped out, tons of garbage dumped in the ocean, Oklahoma earthquakes. We make quite an impact.

And to take this back to a place that actually somewhat correlates with rally, I think tbolt is on the right track. I used to be a big air cooled Vw guy, and the first time I was able to inspect a "new" beetle it hit me like a ton of bricks... auto manufacturers don't want us to be able to do anything with their cars but drive them to an authorized repair shop or dealer for fixing. Or hell, just buy a new one! They'll finance you!

The EPA along with most every other political institution is corruptible by power and money. Both things the auto manufacturers have in spades.
danster
Haggis Muncher
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

February 14, 2016 05:38PM
This seems appropriate.

NSFW

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
tbolt64
Drew
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

February 14, 2016 06:32PM
A friend of mine insisted I watch "cowspiracy" on Netflix... I told him the same thing Mr. Stanhope said. He wasn't happy to hear it as he has a child and the mother of his child has created three others along with his daughter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login