Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

Re: What's too expensive in Dollars per mile
February 23, 2016 08:17PM
hoche
Oh, I didn't know that was you running around with Alex. I think that was the first year I met him; I remember him being sort of frazzled. If I remember correctly he'd leapt into the volunteer-coordinator spot and was struggling with trying to get everyone dispatched and in the right spots without any real infrastructure support. I'm sure he'll jump in on this shortly.

Yep. The former coordinator quit a couple weeks out. So ihad not even seen the roads until the day of the event. And more than half the volunteers cancelled or didnt show. Partial blame in that they were provided with horrid directions to find roads that were disguished rather well. May have a few still out there....

We lost the what i think was meadow creek, at 20 something miles, since we had too few volunteers, and several few campgrounds on the route. It was a mess.

I also got to be the overnite security since he promised such at the HQ but didnt hire anyone.

That said, i absolutely loved the adventure of the long transits, continously changing stages, etc. But i recognize how difficult it is to pull off. Ill be curious how they returned meadow creek. Aiming to codrive with AJ this year. Havent been at idaho since we kinda rolled the zero car....

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

February 23, 2016 08:56PM
Gravity Fed
hoche
Oh, I didn't know that was you running around with Alex. I think that was the first year I met him; I remember him being sort of frazzled. If I remember correctly he'd leapt into the volunteer-coordinator spot and was struggling with trying to get everyone dispatched and in the right spots without any real infrastructure support. I'm sure he'll jump in on this shortly.

Aiming to codrive with AJ this year. Havent been at idaho since we kinda rolled the zero car....

Hey git yer own pile running...AJ and I's been talking too..
Neener neener!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

February 23, 2016 09:03PM
john vanlandingham
Gravity Fed
hoche

Aiming to codrive with AJ this year. Havent been at idaho since we kinda rolled the zero car....

Neener neener!

get YER own pile running! neener neener neener

First Rally: 2010 First RallyX: 2004 (a bunch)
Driver (0), Co-Driver (7)
Organizer (3), Volunteer (3)
Cars Built (2.5), Engines Blown (2) Cages Built (0) # of rotations (3.5)
Last Updated, Apr 9, 2023
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

February 23, 2016 09:14PM
Gravity Fed
john vanlandingham
Gravity Fed
hoche

Neener neener!

get YER own pile running! neener neener neener

Which one?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

February 23, 2016 10:00PM
Aaron Luptak
Other than the off-by-a-year argument (2009 was MaxAttack! run exclusively around Pine/Rocky Bar, same year Eddie F. got a corner named after him, 2010 was the proto-WRC attempt, I just looked at the route book to be sure grinning smiley )

Oh good grief. You're right. That's why I couldn't remember. I was CRO in 2009 and 2010. I didn't go in 2008 - we were trying to put on the first North Nevada Rally that year and I couldn't do both.

Keith: Yeah. I knew you were at that event but didn't remember you until I went to Big White and we were properly introduced and I had a "oh, *that* guy!" moment. Although, that couldn't have been from Idaho. I think maybe it was one of the OTRs or something.

Self-righteous douche canoe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2016 10:08PM by hoche.
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

February 23, 2016 10:27PM
Not sure cost per mile is a valid measure. Depends on the quality of the mile is doesn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2016 10:29PM by ALS FTW.
Anders Green
Anders Green
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

February 24, 2016 07:09AM
I've found that the number of new roads does not correlate with the number of racers that sign up. So why do the LARGE amount of hard work to get new roads? Especially when new roads increase the chances of many things that racers complain about: mis-estimated transit times, wrong directions, volunteer shortages...

Expanding or reconfiguring one's rally only makes sense as a passionate hobby pursuit for the organizer's own interest.

I like new roads. I know racers like new roads. But they don't like them enough to make a difference. They don't vote for new roads with their dollars.

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login