Cage Design - *UPDATED*

Not Trolling
Keith Morison
Mod Moderator

Re: Cage Design - *UPDATED*
May 13, 2016 02:27PM
john vanlandingham
Not Trolling
Big delays in delivering product is tough to defend, but some suspension builders have put the blame on issues with the supply chain and the nature of 'special orders' meaning they can't carry an inventory 'cause they don't know for sure what they're building next.

Anytime you get a custom built part there is potential for fitment and build issues. If you hunt around you'll find stories about most suppliers.

Wow another suspension expert....

Just parroting the excuses you trot out when you're accused of the same delivery and fitment issues. eye rolling smiley

First Rally attended (2000), First Rally competed in (2001)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Driver (8), Co-Driver (47), Drivers (19)
Clerk (29), Steward (1), Official (17), Volunteer (5)
WRC Spectator (1), WRC Photographer (6), WRC Observer (4)
Rallies attended (120) Countries attended rallies in (11)
Last Updated, May30, 2022
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 13, 2016 03:00PM
Not Trolling
john vanlandingham
Not Trolling
Big delays in delivering product is tough to defend, but some suspension builders have put the blame on issues with the supply chain and the nature of 'special orders' meaning they can't carry an inventory 'cause they don't know for sure what they're building next.

Anytime you get a custom built part there is potential for fitment and build issues. If you hunt around you'll find stories about most suppliers.

Wow another suspension expert....

Just parroting the excuses you trot out when you're accused of the same delivery and fitment issues. eye rolling smiley

Oh the huge manatee of your screen name Morison...
Sometimes you're so dumb I wonder how they've let you have a driver's licence.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

May 13, 2016 05:52PM
Fly like an Eagle Talon
Just to continue derailing my own thread...

Talked to Barrett at AWD. In a nutshell, he's actually been working on my suspension (supposed to be getting pics soon), just hasn't been good with communication. I guess he sent me the GABs to use until he finished the rears. Supposedly getting the fronts soon, like next week or two.

We will see...

glad to hear you got something worked out, post some pix of your progress, i need the motivation

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

May 14, 2016 12:16PM
john vanlandingham
Not Trolling
Just parroting the excuses you trot out when you're accused of the same rdelivery and fitment issues. eye rolling smiley
Meh, I wouldn't say Morison is trolling. Then again you do seem to think you're the sole arbiter of what is trolling and what is not Johnny.

You've chosen to slag a 'competitor' in the suspension business over issues you've been accused of yourself. If you weren't aware that you have a reputation for being slow to produce suspension and that from time to tome the fitment is horrendous... then you're lacking any sense of your reputation. (At least that's what everybody I talk to says.)

I don't come here much any more, and I predict it will be even less.

To the OP... Good luck with the Talon, not the best choice if all the advice here is beleived... and a universal opinion from RallyAnarchy should carry significant weight. In the end... have fun with it and you've won!
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 14, 2016 01:37PM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
Not Trolling
Just parroting the excuses you trot out when you're accused of the same rdelivery and fitment issues. eye rolling smiley
Meh, I wouldn't say Morison is trolling. Then again you do seem to think you're the sole arbiter of what is trolling and what is not Johnny.

You've chosen to slag a 'competitor' in the suspension business over issues you've been accused of yourself. If you weren't aware that you have a reputation for being slow to produce suspension and that from time to tome the fitment is horrendous... then you're lacking any sense of your reputation. (At least that's what everybody I talk to says.)

I don't come here much any more, and I predict it will be even less.

To the OP... Good luck with the Talon, not the best choice if all the advice here is beleived... and a universal opinion from RallyAnarchy should carry significant weight. In the end... have fun with it and you've won!

Look whatever your name is--and I remind you again that as long as you refuse to be honest and say what your name is you have LESS than zero credibility and even if you ever manage to grow a pair and reveal your name the residual of your actions thus far will take a lot of time to wear away----I don't believe that you or your alter-ego Morison or Grant Hughes or MConte or Barrett Dash understand even the simpest things about suspension and even less about production of small batches of precision parts and anything at all about the joys of dealing with a large German corporation trying to get a extremely niche part from them in low quantities reliably.

Now WHO you talk to of course I can have no idea who you actually are but if you are like you are here I would suspect they are also mainly "talkers"..

Delivery yep sometimes it seems like its just one thing after another.
But you claim from "time to time" "the fitment is horrendous".
That is news to me...

Since I am always trying to make things go smoother, and since you claim to have specific knowledge of "the fitment is horrendous" tell me which car, when, where?
Specifics, please.
You would think I would hear of this, but maybe its better if you just explain to me..

And let me ask you something direct and clearly:
Which is more important: to hurt the feelings of some guy or to save another from spending $2700 for things designed wrong, executed wrong and which are demonstrably simply wrong?

Look at this:

Does one look different from the other? They are supposed to be a stock piece and a replacement--for gravel--for the same stock part.
Can you see a "fitment issue"?
How is one to describe that to other person and avoid anonymous people coming on and saying I "slag" a "competitor?

Did you read thru this thread? :
http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/read.php?5,66414,page=4

Come back with your suggestion what we should tell people about the execution of that?
And of course be a man and put your name by them like the rest of us manage.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

May 15, 2016 10:57AM
john vanlandingham
What makes you think I'm not using my real name?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

May 15, 2016 11:14AM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
What makes you think I'm not using my real name?

Because you answer with that same answer which you think is coy or cute, but which I take as a dodge of the question..

Because you are simply not trustworthy because of your intentional hiding (false location) and never doing anything.."I wanna get started...pfffffft"

Give you a hint, troll.

A man would have answered My name is _____________ ___________.
I live in _______________, ___________.

A useless troll answers with a lisping campy "what makes you think it.."

And a useless troll never addresses any of the many questions posed to him like just above...exactly like you did.

Whatever, we have your number..

Hey have you ever considered becoming a F1 or NASCAR fan?
There's a lot more people in those worlds just like you, you could meet friends and have many people to try and bait...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

May 15, 2016 11:48AM
john vanthreadderailer
hot smiley
Well... the thread rules say we must put a real name in our profile and I put Don K Oates... thought that would be obvious enough.
Somewhere along the line someone noticed that my parents had a sense of humour when naming me... suddenly I must be using a fake name.
Trollhättan SE... I was visiting there when I changed the location and left it partially because I forgot and partially because of the irony.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

May 15, 2016 12:08PM
LOL, this is like Groundhog Day, pretty sure John figured this out a few months back, and he has either chosen to play along with the whole thing or should go see a doctor.......

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login