Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

So it begins (splintering of Canadian rallysport?)

Posted by dreamsofjvl 
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Infallible Moderator

Re: So it begins (splintering of Canadian rallysport?)
July 20, 2016 03:53PM
Not Trolling
Thomas Kimsey
My post was copied directly from their post. Seems like they don't even know whats going on. This could be great for the northest usa guys, also could be worthless. We will see.
And their post no longer says it 'isn't a spec tire series'

In fairness, after the exchange rate, pirelli's are WAY cheaper through the Quebec series than they can be bought for in the USA. Doesn't help those who already have new tires or are on used ones I suppose, but doing a currency conversion basically gets pirelli's at Maxxis pricing.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 20, 2016 04:55PM
dreamsofjvl
Not Trolling
Thomas Kimsey
My post was copied directly from their post. Seems like they don't even know whats going on. This could be great for the northest usa guys, also could be worthless. We will see.
And their post no longer says it 'isn't a spec tire series'

In fairness, after the exchange rate, pirelli's are WAY cheaper through the Quebec series than they can be bought for in the USA. Doesn't help those who already have new tires or are on used ones I suppose, but doing a currency conversion basically gets pirelli's at Maxxis pricing.

But Maxxis/Cheng Shen are absurdly overpriced, so that ain't saying a thing.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Infallible Moderator

July 20, 2016 05:08PM
john vanlandingham

Well, it sort of says something. If the market can support overpriced not-so-good stuff, getting "the good stuff" at that price is better than a punch in the balls. Not much better, but a bit better. You 'mericans seem to really be getting hit in the pocketbook with rally tire pricing though. Remember when you could get Falken's or Hankooks for $100 a piece?

Of course, that's why I started importing a new-to-North-America brand of gravel rally tire, because pricing in North America for tires is absurd. Heard some super-duper-secret-whizbang testing may be going on this coming weekend, but I digress winking smiley
Not Trolling
Keith Morison
Junior Moderator

July 20, 2016 05:35PM
https://carsrally.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Presidents-update-July-2016.pdf

And for those who don't like following links:

By now you most of you will have heard that Mr. Eric Tremblay, has formed a new Rally business in Quebec, and intends to hold independent events outside of the CARS or ASN Canada FIA sanction and insurance.
CARS, RSQ, and the rest of the regions across Canada are membership driven organizations and I feel that we must help the rally community understand the history and background that has lead to this situation. I will explain to the best of my ability what has happened and why.

Six years ago the CARS & RSQ leadership of the day agreed to a contract with Mr. Tremblay that essentially assigned all of the RSQ authority over regional performance rally in Québec to him as a sole supplier and promoter of our Québec regional championship. The contract meant that RSQ was left providing permits and had little or no say on behalf of the membership with respect to our regional rally championship in Québec. The contract also prevented RSQ from sanctioning any regional events in Québec independent of Mr. Tremblay, leaving Rallye Perce Neige, Rallye Baie des Chaleurs and Rallye Défi excluded from the regional championship.

Over the last several years, in consultation with membership, CARS has developed a vision for rally in Canada. This includes a Mission statement and annual goals by which we operate, as well as mechanisms for input from the total rally community. Working with the Board, I believe that we have worked diligently to find a formula that adds to our membership base, increases entry levels, and provides for fair and reasonably priced competition in a fun, volunteer driven environment. One of the fundamental beliefs is that National events need to contain a Regional event component providing access to regional teams, acting as one of the main building blocks of the sport.

The contract between CARS/RSQ and Mr. Tremblay expires at the end of this Calendar year, and renewal efforts that tried to bring the CRQ program into alignment with this vision have not been successful.

I have to give the RSQ leadership, Charlevoix organizers and Québec national event organizers a lot of credit for their genuine desire to have one larger, more cohesive regional championship in Québec. There has been a lot of hard work and often difficult discussions that have gone on over the past 18 months as RSQ and CARS have tried to engage Mr. Tremblay in an attempt to have him participate as part of the broader rally community in Eastern Canada. Unfortunately Mr. Tremblay’s final position was to hold firm on an unacceptable requirement that CARS & RSQ sign a 15-year extension to his contract that gave even more autonomy to Mr. Tremblay, and required RSQ to issue permits on demand, leaving you, our membership, with little say over the direction of regional rally in Québec.

RSQ, the CARS Board and ASN Canada FIA felt that it was not in the best interests of our membership to sign such an agreement as it clearly violates our mission as a democratically elected volunteer organization designed to serve its membership.

With Mr. Tremblay’s announcement of a new organization, we must take this as a clear message that he has no interest in further discussion, as such it is time for us to move on.

Although we have not yet received any supplementary regulations for Rallye Lac- Aux-Sables, which is scheduled for Aug 13th , we do expect that Mr. Tremblay will want to finish off the 2016 CRQ season as scheduled.

CARS and the Regional associations of Rallye Sport Québec, Rally Sport Ontario, Rally West, Rally Pacific Motorsports, and Atlantic Region Motor Sports - along with the backing of ASN Canada FIA - are all absolutely on track to continue doing what we do well. Just this week we have published the 2017 National and Regional event calendars to inform the rally community of their championship options and allow for planning into next season. We have hundreds of people who volunteer their time to bring the infrastructure and everything required to host world-class events. Volunteers who love the sport give back countless hours to the membership at large. As a dedicated volunteer myself, I am buoyed by the unwavering support of the regional leadership and event organisers as we work to make rallysport the best it can be in Canada.

In closing, let me be one of the first to wish Mr. Tremblay well with his new business venture. He has organized many events over the years and will be missed as a contributing member of CARS and RSQ communities.

If you have any questions whatsoever please contact any of the CARS or Regional board members.

Regards

John Hall
President
Canadian Association of Rallysport

First Rally attended (2000), First Rally competed in (2001)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Driver (8), Co-Driver (47), Drivers (19)
Clerk (29), Steward (1), Official (17), Volunteer (5)
WRC Spectator (1), WRC Photographer (6), WRC Observer (4)
Rallies attended (120) Countries attended rallies in (11)
Last Updated, May30, 2022
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 20, 2016 05:44PM
dreamsofjvl
john vanlandingham

Well, it sort of says something. If the market can support overpriced not-so-good stuff, getting "the good stuff" at that price is better than a punch in the balls. Not much better, but a bit better. You 'mericans seem to really be getting hit in the pocketbook with rally tire pricing though. Remember when you could get Falken's or Hankooks for $100 a piece?

Of course, that's why I started importing a new-to-North-America brand of gravel rally tire, because pricing in North America for tires is absurd. Heard some super-duper-secret-whizbang testing may be going on this coming weekend, but I digress winking smiley

Thrilling.. But your childishness or cowardliness with the name thing means to me anyway that you are not, just like your partner Donkey, trustworthy or honest people so while it could be interesting, so what? No name, no trust.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

July 20, 2016 08:21PM
john vanlandingham
Hey Tom, its after 4 your time, grab your Mare-Kooooore Electrical Troubleshooting manuel and gimme a call, Graminal says you good on this. We can bitch about the logic defying requirement and then wonder why just some guys have to be trolls like "Sancho Panza".

Remind me tomorrow and I'll dig out the manual. Think its in a drawer of my toolbox but I'll find it. Something something about a temp switch?
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 20, 2016 08:41PM
Thomas Kimsey
john vanlandingham
Hey Tom, its after 4 your time, grab your Mare-Kooooore Electrical Troubleshooting manuel and gimme a call, Graminal says you good on this. We can bitch about the logic defying requirement and then wonder why just some guys have to be trolls like "Sancho Panza".

Remind me tomorrow and I'll dig out the manual. Think its in a drawer of my toolbox but I'll find it. Something something about a temp switch?

Engine cooling fan relays and switches. Fawkin Ford.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

July 20, 2016 09:03PM
john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey
john vanlandingham

inga problem
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 20, 2016 09:12PM
Thomas Kimsey
john vanlandingham
Thomas Kimsey
john vanlandingham

inga problem

jätte stort problem.. Frugans bil funkar ej automatisk, så hon är tvungen att kuska omkring med fläkt på hela tiden, och sen kompisens Cossi som jag byggde fläkterna vägrar att funka automatisk ELLER när du tryer på AC knäppen.

Och Fords kableschema är skit, djävla AC skräp är inblandad på nåt sätt och jag är trött på det hela.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

July 21, 2016 01:02AM
john vanlandingham
Thrilling.. But your childishness or cowardliness with the name thing means to me anyway that you are not, just like your partner Donkey, trustworthy or honest people so while it could be interesting, so what? No name, no trust.
I ain't no partner of Sancho's.
(scan of DL attached, since you have trouble believing me - and showing exactly how much of a sense of humour my parents had.)
Attachments:
open | download - DL.jpg (8.5 KB)
DL.jpg
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 21, 2016 01:08AM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
(scan of DL attached, since you have trouble believing me - and showing exactly how much of a sense of humour my parents had.)

Well you could be brothers, you him and Morison.
Or some other trio.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

July 21, 2016 08:18AM
Sounds like its the Fan relay. Ill tell you where to stick the pokey light when I get home from work.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

July 21, 2016 10:44AM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
Killing Everyone Isn't The Honest Mans Ordinary Response In Situations Of Negativity now that's some funny shit right there hahahaha!

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

July 21, 2016 11:40AM
Winner of the "Homliest Man in Alberta" contest.

ALS FTW
john vanlandingham

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 21, 2016 01:01PM
Thomas Kimsey
Sounds like its the Fan relay. Ill tell you where to stick the pokey light when I get home from work.

Sounds rude!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login