Sancho Panza
Godlike Moderator

Re: End of an era...
August 15, 2017 06:09PM
NoCoast
You should practice it more. tongue sticking out smiley

thumbs up smiley

Lol

I thought you were developing DMS for it, glad to hear it is holding up well otherwise grinning smiley
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 16, 2017 08:43AM
Yeah, DMS are just waiting on me to modify a bracket. We sold our Mill right before I finished the bracket.

Grant Hughes
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 12, 2017 05:23PM
I finally got the Goose up here to Montana.
Small list of things it NEEDS before Kananaskis in six weeks.
Longer list of things I want to do before then. We will see how it progresses.

Fun picture from Rally Colorado. Highlights the super cool roof and side scoops we made overnight after giving my codriver heat stroke on day 1. Turns out ventilation is pretty important when stages are busy and 10 miles and it's 100 degrees outside. I have proper parts to replace the Ace Hardware ones in the coming weeks but this was still a fun and effective solution.
I also like how dirty my windscreen is. Funny thing is there was still another 14 miles of stages from where this pic was taken and I never recall noticing or thinking my windshield was dirty.

Grant Hughes
Attachments:
open | download - Gooseinshop.jpg (25.7 KB)
Gooseinshop.jpg
open | download - GooseRallyCO.jpg (53.9 KB)
GooseRallyCO.jpg
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

April 28, 2018 11:04AM
Well Kananaskis went well. Quickly established I wasn't going to catch the fancy Acura and wasn't being threatened from behind on first four stages so just cruised and had fun and got to know the stages.
Lost a bunch of time with snow and ice on first running of Powderface Trail. It's also been a few years since I drove a stage of that nature, very fast, mostly 3rd/4th gear and lots of blind crests. Anytime the gravel spray got bad I'd have trouble hearing codriver (need earcups in helmet obviously) so trouble committing over some of the blind crests. Coming out of a corner at 60+ mph to a sheet of ice on gravel tires is puckering!!!
Here's a little bit of Powderface Trail.

Got proper roof scoops, mudflaps and window vents on the car in prep for that rally. Have had to miss Big White, Cochrane, and Oregon Trail due to conflicts. I'm a low probability for Olympus but may head out to spectate/crew for Rally.Build supported teams. Rocky might be similar spectate plan if my daughter's passports arrive in time.
Winter was fabulous up here. Almost every day was a powder day, got some avalanche training and a few days in the backcountry. Next year hope to do more backcountry and perhaps even some multi-day trips into Glacier National Park.

Car is under the knife with some new body panels, paint, DMS finally going into the car and probably a little reprep stuff like fixing the intake boot, changing oil, bleeding brakes, etc.
The new car has been sitting but more stuff has been showing up, lots of carbon fiber parts, footwells, door cards, etc.
The forum doesn't like my pictures so I can't post any. I'll keep trying...

Grant Hughes
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 04, 2018 05:36PM
Pictures!
Kananaskis and a few snowboarding!
Mitch Williams was only visitor this year but we got some good riding in!

Grant Hughes
Attachments:
open | download - received_10156176751511912-01.jpeg (13 KB)
received_10156176751511912-01.jpeg
open | download - Screenshot_20180107-101332-01.jpeg (58.9 KB)
Screenshot_20180107-101332-01.jpeg
open | download - KR BMW 5-01.jpeg (70.3 KB)
KR BMW 5-01.jpeg
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 05, 2018 10:50AM
Let the car get some fresh air before going under the reprep knife. The weather has been spectacular! Great views of three mountain range from my shop, including Glacier National Park. Five miles to national Forest and private logging roads. Many of the latter are gated and closed to public so could have good uses if I can develop a relationship with the company.

Grant Hughes
Attachments:
open | download - IMAG0975-01.jpeg (51.5 KB)
IMAG0975-01.jpeg
open | download - KR BMW 1-01.jpeg (80.6 KB)
KR BMW 1-01.jpeg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login