Posted by cmanreinhart 
cmanreinhart
Conner Reinhart
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1987 xr4ti

Xr Supra Diff mounting question:
November 16, 2016 08:44AM
Hey guys it's been awhile since I posted here but, I recently talking to a fellow Xr4ti owner who auto crosses his car. Attached below is a picture of how he is currently running his Supra diff in his Xr.... When talking to him he stated he had already ran this setup for one auto cross season and it worked great.... My only worry is that the diff is just cantilevering off of the 2 subframe bolts; since he doesn't have a rear bracket that's fixed in a similar location to where the OEM diff is mounted to.

-Conner
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0370.PNG (220.1 KB)
IMG_0370.PNG
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Ultra Moderator

Re: Xr Supra Diff mounting question:
November 16, 2016 03:56PM
Now if that rear bracket was bolted to the chassis, that would be one stiff diff mount!
MarkHille
Mark Hille
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
I have two crap boxes

Re: Xr Supra Diff mounting question:
November 17, 2016 08:39AM
Just my opinion but rally does not equal auto x. When you are catching air and hitting rocks the size of mailboxes things WILL bend. The STAs definitely bend. The beam bends. I wouldn't consider running that setup in the woods without at least bolting it in the back. You run over one rock that hits the bottom of the diff and if there is any space above the rear section it would seem it might bend that up. Without better pictures (or real life) and looking at which direction the forces are going to be applied it is hard to say if it is any better or worse than the classic JVAB mount.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login