blight
Brian Light
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
In progress

Rally involvement Colorado
February 15, 2017 09:02PM
Hi All,

I've been living in Colorado for about a year and have been searching for more information about local rallies and rally teams in Colorado. I was really excited to see the re-launch of the Rally Colorado and I know there are a few other events not too far, such as Wyoming and Idaho. I have long term plans to get involved as a driver and to establish a team for stage rally, but for now I am trying to reach out others in the community near me. I will volunteer for the Rally Colorado at a minimum, but I'm thinking it would be great to get involved helping another team. I have a pretty good amount of mechanical experience including building engines, have volunteered at other Rallies in the U.S., been to the Team O'niel rally school for a 1-day class, and I just got back from Sweden where I spectated at a WRC event. Point being I've been interested in Rally for a long time.

The main question I have is, are there any Colorado specific forums or sites for Rally? And are there any teams that are interested in additional help? I've got to imagine the latter is so. I've tried reaching out to a team here, a rally shop up in fort collins, and a local rally cross team but haven't had much luck.

Thank you for any help you can give,

Brian
Please Login or Register to post a reply
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Junior Moderator

Re: Rally involvement Colorado
February 15, 2017 09:52PM
Grant Hughes and Rally.Build (business and website name) is what you are after in the Colorado area.
blight
Brian Light
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
In progress

February 16, 2017 11:56AM
Thanks, I actually reached out to their shop but haven't heard back. I'll try them again.
AaronJMcConnell
AaronJMcConnell
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru Impreza

February 17, 2017 11:48PM
Hello,
Colorado has rallycross, ice racing, the chca hillclimb series, a new stage rally and Pike's Peak. There is also Bandimere speedway for drag racing, high plains road race track and air strip attack, not to mention the autocross series, drift series and the pit rally. Plenty of events and plenty of cool people. Go to Rally.build on any tuesday night at 7:00pm and introduce yourself to some of the Colorado rally crew.
blight
Brian Light
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
In progress

February 19, 2017 09:05PM
Thanks! It's great to see that there are a fair amount of events, as I'm learning. I reached out to Grant and he was very helpful. I will certainly stop by the shop in Lakewood soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login