Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

New Normal? 36 Bottles of Champagne for a ~50 team event.

Posted by webkris 
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Godlike Moderator

Re: New Normal? 36 Bottles of Champagne for a ~50 team event.
June 08, 2017 09:54PM
Flying_Finn
Here's an idea that might save some money... instead of champagne spray and awards, print stickers to custom label the champagne bottles. If the bottles had the event logo/name, date, and position, that should make a fine trophy.

Spray it then keep the empty. Go eat your burger.

(maybe more relevant of an idea for regionals than nationals with 'special' or themed awards per tradition)

The bottles are WAY more important to me than the trophies honestly. I've kept a ton of bottles, dated them, name of event, and signed them for shits and giggles. Would love to see RallyWest switch to that.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
MattP
Matt Pullen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

June 08, 2017 10:53PM
dreamsofjvl
Flying_Finn
Here's an idea that might save some money... instead of champagne spray and awards, print stickers to custom label the champagne bottles. If the bottles had the event logo/name, date, and position, that should make a fine trophy.

Spray it then keep the empty. Go eat your burger.

(maybe more relevant of an idea for regionals than nationals with 'special' or themed awards per tradition)

The bottles are WAY more important to me than the trophies honestly. I've kept a ton of bottles, dated them, name of event, and signed them for shits and giggles. Would love to see RallyWest switch to that.

I wouldn't worry too much about spraying champagne at the moment if I were you Adam.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Xr4Ti, it is rwd and was made in Germany.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

June 09, 2017 09:49PM
john vanlandingham
fiasco
I've never seen a bottle of champagne at a Lemons race...and STPR is an Alcohol Free event.

Lemons has plenty of booze, beer, and wine once the track is cold!

Glad I never had to deal with that level of paternalism..

seriously...you know me Andrew, I hardly finsih 2 beers and you're saying "alky-free EVENT"..so what happens in the parking lot after?? Event over so it's OK? Do they patrol the bars?

I haven't been to STPR in a decade or so. Last time I was there I was sneaking beers and listening to stories at the far end of the runway with a few other outlaws after the event. Because that is simply what you do after a long day of racing/rallying. Either that or sleep.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

June 12, 2017 10:00PM
We alone sprayed 4bottles for winning Open AWD both days and one for winning OA at STPR this year. Wasnt exactly champagne but apple cider. Pretty sure all together there was more than 50 bottles sprayed as each class top 3 got to spray for each regional.

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Godlike Moderator

June 13, 2017 11:27AM
MattP

I wouldn't worry too much about spraying champagne at the moment if I were you Adam.

At least I can entertain the thought of being on a podium, I can see why you might be a bit jealous Matt. Don't worry though buddy, I have faith you'll make it some day! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 11:28AM by dreamsofjvl.
MattP
Matt Pullen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

June 13, 2017 11:50AM
dreamsofjvl
MattP

At least I can entertain the thought of being on a podium, I can see why you might be a bit jealous Matt. Don't worry though buddy, I have faith you'll make it some day! winking smiley

Oh soon how young people forget, first time out in a freshly built truck I was 8th OA and 2nd in O2WD at the 2015 Radium rally. So fuck you Adam, I don't have to dream I've sprayed champagne.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 13, 2017 12:49PM
MattP
dreamsofjvl
MattP

Oh soon how young people forget, first time out in a freshly built truck I was 8th OA and 2nd in O2WD at the 2015 Radium rally. So fuck you Adam, I don't have to dream I've sprayed champagne.

Adam doesn't make it to the end of most rallies so how would he have known that? ,😎
I really enjoyed driving through the DUI checkpoint at 100aw this year with an entire car and crew reeking of champagne. Cop was like, your whole car smells like a bar. I laughed an explained and all was good. A proper crew chief stays sober even when you podium overall. 😁

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 13, 2017 02:57PM
dreamsofjvl
MattP

What a schmuck..Fucking up that bad on SS1..For a guy who is so delusional that he thinks he has done all and knows all, how the hell can you be so amateurish as to crash bad on SS1?

So sure you can "entertain the thought" but its just more Vokes Fappathon.

Have you always been so delusional, or is this a more recent thing in the last 10 years?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Godlike Moderator

June 13, 2017 07:02PM
MattP
dreamsofjvl
MattP

Oh, can't take what you dish eh? Frigging cry baby lol. I hope your participation champagne tasted great :p So eat a dick Matt, love you long time Mr. "I got fuckloads of rally experience back in the UK" big swinging dick. As I've been taught to believe, the proper phrase for this situation is "jog on".

NoCoast

Adam doesn't make it to the end of most rallies so how would he have known that?

True dat, but at least I, ya know, go and compete/drive at rallies. Not one or two hillclimbs a year winking smiley

As for JVL... Well, at least my life isn't as fuckered as yours hasbeen (oh hoh, word play!)

Man, everytime I look at your results from "back in the day", it reminds me why nobody listens to you. Well, I guess a few people do... Who aren't rallying anymore lol.

Now this is the Rally Anarchy I remember grinning smiley
MattP
Matt Pullen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

June 13, 2017 07:45PM
I have dished to bigger, and got roasted by better. My only tears are of joy and gratitude.

Thanks for the compliment but no, I don't have a big swinging dick I have a big yellow truck to do that for me.

I'll just leave this stat here....

You, started 8 finished 3
Me, started 7 finished 4 and one on class podium, and of my non finishes 1 was due to a crash and 2 were mechanical failures.

Those are just Canada mind you, I didn't include events in other countries.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 13, 2017 07:51PM
dreamsofjvl
True dat, but at least I, ya know, go and compete/drive at rallies. Not one or two hillclimbs a year winking smiley

I'm entered at Rally Colorado to get my quota of one event per decade on average. smiling smiley
I'm also hauling the new Compact back up to Montana at the end of the month hopefully so I can come play with you guys in Canada. Hoping to make Big White, we'll see. 4 miles from my shop to logging roads. Another 3 to the national forest where the roads get more twisty so hopefully get some good shakedown in.

Grant Hughes
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Godlike Moderator

June 13, 2017 08:01PM
MattP
You, started 8 finished 3
Me, started 7 finished 4 and one on class podium, and of my non finishes 1 was due to a crash and 2 were mechanical failures.

Those are just Canada mind you, I didn't include events in other countries.

Yawn. You're right, I take the big swinging dick comment back.

I don't know where you are getting results info from though. I've done 12 events, finished 6. Three big crashes, three mechanical DNF's (and the mechanical DNF's all were quite odd).

Led a regional, set fastest stage times regionally (both at my first event as a driver and thereafter), ran 4th overall for a majority of a national event, podium on an overall regional, another one was close, and a 3rd would have except for chicane penalties that were BS.

So in short, you keep feeling proud of going for a Sunday drive, I'll keep my big boy pants on and keep pushing the limits smiling smiley

And for the record JVL, multiple cars did what I did even after we slowed them down, including one that ran into us. I had 5 competitors tell us they almost hit the bridge even after we slowed them with triangles and clear waving. Wasn't an if but a when that bump was taking a competitor out. No excuses though, end of the day my line was poor and I wasn't where I should have been. But we'll be back for Defi, I'm building a car, unimaginable as that may be to you :p

NoCoast

I'm entered at Rally Colorado to get my quota of one event per decade on average. smiling smiley
I'm also hauling the new Compact back up to Montana at the end of the month hopefully so I can come play with you guys in Canada. Hoping to make Big White, we'll see. 4 miles from my shop to logging roads. Another 3 to the national forest where the roads get more twisty so hopefully get some good shakedown in.

That's awesome man, glad to hear/see it. You should come to Big White... you have no reason not to. It'll be cheap, easy on the car, easy prep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 08:03PM by dreamsofjvl.
MattP
Matt Pullen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

June 13, 2017 08:11PM
At least I made it to Sunday to have a drive.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 13, 2017 11:02PM
dreamsofjvl

I'll keep my big boy pants on and keep pushing the limits smiling smiley

And for the record JVL, multiple cars did what I did even after we slowed them down, including one that ran into us.

So how does them being also amatuerish and fucking up make your amateurish SS1 fuck up somehow better? Oh have they bragged all over how they habve done everything in rally and know everything, too?
Still how does that erase your noob type SS1 humiliation?

I . No excuses though,

No excuses? What's all this ranting and raving if not a bunch of excuuses?
You even read what you write Vokes?
Un-self-aware much?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 15, 2017 09:45AM
dreamsofjvl

That's awesome man, glad to hear/see it. You should come to Big White... you have no reason not to. It'll be cheap, easy on the car, easy prep.

Except that whole, "I don't need a heater" thing that applied to Colorado. We had a heater valve come apart on us once so I eliminate those lately. Gonna have to fix that "issue." smiling smiley

I'm hauling the new car up here at start of July so I can finish prepping it.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login