Advanced

New on the block

Posted by Rally Bitch 
Rally Bitch
Samantha
Senior Moderator

New on the block
February 14, 2006 01:03PM
Judging by how you guys talk here, this is obviously a male dominated site, where penis welding rules (male bonding).

That said, I'm here now but don't change a thing. I have a couple of girlfriends that use to be attracted to the pavement cruising type of guys. Then last year we discovered rally and went to spectate at a few events. Most of you guys really look like a bunch of dorks who couldn't score with chicks so you got a male dominated hobby.

I and my girlfriends do no aspire to be trophy Ho's for a bunch of dorks, but would like to get a chick team together to kick your asses in the bush (if you're laughing at the pun - then add immature to dork!).

I do recognize my initial need for your inferior male specie by needing car advice, and the like. But lets make this clear from the onset, I'm only using you and have no desire to get in your pants. So stop dreaming !

So where does a girl start ?

Whats a good car ?

Who's a good source for parts ?

Please Login or Register to post a reply
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

Re: New on the block
February 14, 2006 01:12PM
Damn'

I like her already.

You came to the right place. Although we are a testosterone heavy group of people, we are not like the NASCRAP crew.

Hell we even welcome people from Canuckistan, but we speak and type slowwwwly for them.

As far as starting is concerned, guy or girl makes no difference. Wanna start ? Get a damn car. Preferably something already built so that you don't end up trying to reinvent the wheel and wait 5 years (in case of some 10) to run your first event.

Tell us what you find available, and we will give you our opinion. Get something 2WD, normally aspirated. You will bang the hell out of it anyways.

As far as thinking that you will be the first chick with aspirations to kick our collective asses, you are late. there are many female rally teams. However, the more the merrier.

Welcome aboard and if one day you decide to get all girly and paint your car gay ass pink I promise you will never hear the end of it.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
John Lane
John Lane
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 262turbo AKA the SPE

February 14, 2006 01:38PM
Welcome future Rally Ho and company.
We are always tickled to have our butts handed to us by females. Janice Damatio used to do a bang-up job of it some years ago.
You will likely find us to be quite abrasive online at times but friendly and polite in person; particularly on race day. Certain of us *may be more friendly IF you are hot and dressed appropriately.
Please DO put it back in your pants ladies..... Very few of us are interested in playing with your junk as we are in large part married and not on the make. I'm sure that those of us who ARE interested in chasing after such things will be happy to oblige IF you are wanting it.

Dorks? Immature dorks? You are much too kind. Try harder. We *may respect you more for it.

DO buy yourselves car(s) that are already built so that you can be out there racing MUCH faster; if at all compared with building one for years only to have the rules change as you are getting close to finished with your project. Get something inexpensive and two wheel drive that will be easy to work on.

Important is making sure that you are having FUN with it. Let us know how we can help.

JohnLane

Volvo 260turbo AKA The Fire Breathing Monster
Overkill is consistently more fun
Morten
Morten
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt

February 14, 2006 01:58PM
Yeah I've met a few rally dorks, that's not to say that we're all the same.

Take for instance Jens (you'll find him on specialstage.com) and Vanlandingham (JVL), they're definately polar opposites !

Using men for knowledge, no problem we're used to being used for sex by women. I think it fitting that any Rally car hood be "Christened" by a sexual interlude before it can be called a Rally Car ! So get your car first, and then I'm sure some "dork" will be happy to help you out !!!

2WD
No turbo (chicks can't handle the power, anyways)

I'm pretty much echoing the sentiment I received when I was looking which car to get, one notible exception being the chick part !

I'm sure JVL will chime in with a list of potential cars that he'll suggest.
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

February 14, 2006 02:08PM
Here is something for you to keep in the garage.

MORTEN !! NOT FOR YOU DON'T TRY TO STEAL HER TOOLS USE YOUR OWN. It doesn't matter howmuch you want, you cant have them.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Attachments:
open | download - 23_1_b.png (165.9 KB)
23_1_b.png
Morten
Morten
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt

February 14, 2006 02:59PM
"MORTEN !! NOT FOR YOU DON'T TRY TO STEAL HER TOOLS USE YOUR OWN"

Mustafa does that mean I can have the tool box ?

BTW that's not much of a hammer, you couldn't even fend off a dog with that !

sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

February 14, 2006 03:22PM
smiling smiley

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

February 14, 2006 04:19PM
Pics gone. Buy an AMC Eagle. Oh wait, your Canadian. Fuck. I had a great "Eagle is the sign of America. America Fuck yeah." Since you don't seem to like Rabbits or Golfs.

Grant Hughes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2006 02:56PM by NoCoast.
Kirby
Kirby Read
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1981 Volvo 242

February 14, 2006 04:59PM
how did you get a picture of mortens tool kit?
Kirby
Kirby Read
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1981 Volvo 242

February 14, 2006 05:00PM
I've seen that car at Cog it shoots flames just putting around the parking lot!
Kirby
Kirby Read
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1981 Volvo 242

February 14, 2006 05:03PM
Lions bay huh? I'm from squamish myself. Theres a few of us up here into the rally thing. Rocket rallys shop is up here the AWD dyno etc. But best of all PLENTLY of logging roads and people that all like to help each other out and get started. I'm in the midst of building up a car myself and usually go tearing around every weekend or so. What kind of car were you thinking of getting into?
Taro
Taro Snell
Junior Moderator

February 14, 2006 07:45PM
Welcome! About the dork part, thats exactly what I first thought when I saw the guys at my first event. But get them on a stage, or with a few beers in them, and I think all guys are the same, within reason. ÈIève been working on a building of Davie Street, enough leather and hand holding going on to make most any straight guy quiver.
Get to a few events, and you will be hooked really hard for a very long time. Maybe make a road trip of it down to Doo-WopsÉ at the end of the month. Ièm still hopeing Ièll be able to make it down there, though at the moment its not looking that good. Maybe if someone was into sharing gas or something from vancouver areaÉ Haha.
Anyway, welcome to the sport! Hopefully you have good equipment for the ass handing part. Least youèll be willing to pull over and ask for directions when you get lost on stage.
Cheers

Taro

Taro Snell
Gabriola Is, Colombie Britannique, Canuckistan
1979 Volvo 240 GrF....eventually
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

February 14, 2006 10:30PM
Eh bien !!! Taro,

Qu'est-ce qui se passe avec ton clavier ??? Tu n'as pas les apostrophes ou quoi ?

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2006 10:29AM by sagsert.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Gnu an de bock
February 15, 2006 12:00AM
Rally Bitch Wrote:

Welcome Samantha,
-------------------------------------------------------
> Judging by how you guys talk here, this is
> obviously a male dominated site, where penis
> welding rules (male bonding).
Hey, I do more welding than any of the pups here and I don't know what you're hinting at with the crack about penis-welding.
Is that some new thing in the club scene?
I ain't touching that with a 10 foot pole (ba dum!)
>
> That said, I'm here now but don't change a thing.
> I have a couple of girlfriends that use to be
> attracted to the pavement cruising type of guys.

Till you realised they were latent pooftah, eh?
Boys who'd rather buff thier 4" exhaust tips than nuzzle a noodle??

> Then last year we discovered rally and went to
> spectate at a few events. Most of you guys really
> look like a bunch of dorks who couldn't score with
> chicks so you got a male dominated hobby.

Ain't that the truth!!!
But you haven't been to the American Mid-west yet have you??
Holy WAAAAAHHH!!!!
Grain fed girls (and boys) a mile wide!!!
>
> I and my girlfriends do no aspire to be trophy
> Ho's for a bunch of dorks, but would like to get a
> chick team together to kick your asses in the bush
> (if you're laughing at the pun - then add immature
> to dork!).

Fine you can be equals here cause that actually is one thing that seems to separate te typical (so far) Rallyanarchista vis-vis the mainstream prim-and-wannbe-proper geekular dorks, it seems so far we're pretty egalitarian.
Equals in opportunities and flipping shit.

>
> I do recognize my initial need for your inferior
> male specie by needing car advice, and the like.

There are wonderful things called BOOKs, an old fasshioned concept that virtually none of the boys here have heard of since most are too busy chasing tail when they're not scaping the rent up somehow, and there are specific "How to Build a Rally Car books, look over there on the table there's one now.
Also as I said to Nancy_boy Morten, a car is a car and conventional troubleshooting trees work pretty good IF you read them.
So your first problem will be to gather the prerequisites to CAR ownership: Tools and manuals and a jack and depending on just how burly you are, and boy have I seen some burly BC girls, maybe a length of pipe as a extension to a breaker bar.

> But lets make this clear from the onset, I'm only
> using you and have no desire to get in your pants.
> So stop dreaming !

Don't be so sure of yourself cherie, show us a photo, then we might decide if we want to. THEN you can come with your "entré interdit"s OK.
It may not be an issue.
>
> So where does a girl start ?

You start by telling us:
what your budget is,
what your actual goals are,
what sorta crazy stuff you've done,
what languages you speak, and read
how much you are willing to learn and to do,
where can you work on things,
how much of a hurry you are to be in the woods (would you want to be out in the woods paying big entry fees and be driving what is in essence a slow as shit 20 year old crappy ol GOLF?)

or do you want to actually TRY?
>
> Whats a good car ?

Something that can progressively be built up to whatever level you can take it to with your budget and skills.
Simple to work on.
Cheap to buy
>
> Who's a good source for parts ?
For the boring bits like doors, hoods, fenders, wiper motors, glass, junk like that, wrecking yards of the "U-pull-it" or "Pick-a-part" type.

For everything to get started, that being GOOD reliable stuff, good suspension, good exhaust work, etc CALL me.
If somebody has a better deal, I'll tell you. It's too expensive to make mistakes and inventory is too costly to have too much shit on the shelf on the off chance that somebody may waltz in and maybe buy it so planning ahead is critical if you want to get good deals on imported stuff.
A lot of people buy junk cause its what everybody else has, inertia, herd-think.
Don't be a fool.

So go answer as thouroughly as you can the question just above, and remember, this is dialog, back and forth, we can't help you if you don't talk honestly and openly.

Also, you coming down to the Unexplored Southern Area for Doo Wops in 2 weeks?

Looks like Taro and Kirby will be, we already have Skye from BC here and theres whatsis name from Victoria and maybe a few others.
Come on down,bring your friends or partners in evil doing; Washington and BC are or all intents the same market.

And whatever you do when you're at the border, don't mention "Fuel rods"

>
>

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Taro
Taro Snell
Junior Moderator

Re: Gnu an de bock
February 15, 2006 08:40PM
Yeah, I hope I can make it down there, I think I killed the clutch in the civic today, it's shuttering like sonofabitch when I start out, and the tranny is making a terrible racket, but I'll see if fluid will make that go away, and maybe do the clutch this weekend if I get the time.
And by the way, I'm not sure what's wrong with this computer, its at an internet cafe, and for some reasons the apostrophes don't work. at least they didn't until this post.
Hmm, figure that one out.
Hey Kirby, wanna give me a ride if my car is fucked? there is beer and gas money in it for you if you're a good pal!
Cheers

Taro

Taro Snell
Gabriola Is, Colombie Britannique, Canuckistan
1979 Volvo 240 GrF....eventually
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login