Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Celica GT-4 ST-185 (USA) Sequential Transmissions

Posted by myblackstar 
myblackstar
Professional Moderator

Celica GT-4 ST-185 (USA) Sequential Transmissions
July 24, 2020 12:19PM
Guys, I been building my 1992 Celica GT-4 ST-185 (USA) for a years now to make it competitive against new toyota supras and newer cars. The HK/KW/TRQ are all good, suspensions and brakes stuff.

But What I need is a better Transmission, looking for Straight Cut Doggie Box & Sequential Transmission. I have seen looking at the SQS Racing Stuff seems good and it is at a great cost only 4000 Euros,

Sqs Racing
460 15 Liberec
Czech Republic

But my concerns is that cost seems a bit low for a Sequential Transmission maybe the cost of them have gone down. I don't know I am just a rookie trying to make a fast car to compensate for my driving skills, lol.

I seen a few people on youtube but i am not sure if this is a true sequential transmission or just a sequential shifting pattern?

The other item i am interested is the subframe and differential housing mounting pointing points. Are there any companies out there that make the differential SubFrames like the Evo and STi stuff like this?

My last question here is the regarding the stiffness of the Celica GT-4, knowing it is an early 90s cars, what do you guys think about converting it to a single rail tube chassi car, similar to those used in pro-stock or pro modified dragsters. Since the Tube Chassi of these cars are designed for very low or no flex (plastic deformation) under heavy load for high HP (+1000HP) cars and all the structural steel connecting points are very similar to a basic FIA rally roll-cage. This would be great to improvement to the GT-4 overall body rigidity and would allow the car to make better traction. Are there any Rally or Tarmac Chassi Shops doing this sort of good work on vintage cars, trying to be modern day racers.

Sorry guys I just have so many questions about this sort of stuff because is hard find a shop that's willing to work on this model and are good at it.

Thank you everyone for any help you can offer on my questions above.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login