Posted by demonrally_don 
demonrally_don
don burress
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
german gti turbo

Olympus 2008 regional 2WD challenge.
March 16, 2008 02:06AM
In case you haven't been over to the Special Stage Pacific Northwest Forum in the past few days, I'd like to share with you this little thing I started:

money for 2WD guys!

In case you're banned or protesting, here's a copy of the post as of nearly midnight just before the day before saint patty's day:

I'd like to organize the Olympus version of the 100AW regional 2WD prize fund described in this thread.

Prizes (so far $740 pledged, thanks to derek bottles ($200), tabor rally team ($200), Integrated Electric ($100), john lane ($100), safe drives ($50), me ($50), matt bushore ($20), and jim WASHPA ($20))
1st regional 2WD: $100 + WASHPA racing visor (thanks jim!) + two bottles of cheap champagne (thanks doug!) + one set of silverstone rally tires (thanks tabor rally team!) + free entry to wild west 2008! (thank you god!!)
2nd regional 2WD: (total - $100) x 40% + 2 bottles of Cascade Cliffs "Goathed Red" wine (thanks tabor rally team and cascadecliffs.com!) + champagne for spraying (thanks doug!)
3rd regional 2WD: (total - $100) x 30% + fancy bubbling apple juice (thanks teresa!) + champagne for spraying (thanks doug!)
4th regional 2WD: (total - $100) x 20%
5th regional 2WD: (total - $100) x 10%
absolutely last finisher regional 2WD: one 12 pack of henry weinhard's root beer? (thanks 12xalt), 19" hella map light (thanks Teresa!)

rules:
regional or dual entry competitors only. none of these hotshot national guys. only two wheels driven: front, back, side, i don't care. it is okay for doug and dan to switch sides of the car. all prizes are funded by donations from generous 2WD supporters. you must finish both days to be a contender and your place is judged on overall finish (total time of both days). prizes will be awarded somewhere near/on/in the awards ceremony.

i got $50 on it. if you'd like to donate, pledge here and bring the cash by parc expose to the dude with the geeky glasses in a blue driving suit standing by the rabbit with shark teeth. you do not have to donate cash. in fact, prizes would be better, but i don't have anything cool.

donations can be mailed to my house (feel free to stop by, i'll cook you some top ramen):
don burress
8543 Dayton Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98103

let all your Gp2 and Gp5 and P friends know. enter regional or you get nothing.

it's on.

prize values are currently as follows:
1st: ~$1240
2nd: ~$296
3rd: $192
4th: $128
5th: $64
last: $30

i wish i could take all the credit, but a bunch of amazing folks have made this possible: the tabor rally team, the olympus organizers, derek bottles, Integrated Electric, safe drives, john lane, matt bushore, jim WASHPA and merrilee gilley.

i don't post here much, so i thought i'd stop by and post the great news. check out special stage for updates. i'll try to update here as well.

-don.

-don
http://www.demonrally.com - powered by http://www.finetuningperformance.com
JRM | RalleyTuned | CTS Turbo | Meister Autowerks | Spitfire EFI | JVAB Imports | USRT

http://propicks.demonrally.com - predict the Rally America winners and fight for fame and glory.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login