Posted by sagsert 
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

RA Rallies in the WEST
January 13, 2006 10:33AM
I am not intending to run any RA rallies in 2006. In addition I have confirmation that Cem Akdeniz (STi GrN), Cemal Balat (DSM Open), Hakan Okcuoglu (DSM Open), Murat Okcuoglu (Starion Gr5) BTW this is the whole STC (Sporting Turks Club) and even maybe Burak Tuglu (323 ProductionGT) will not be competing in RA rallies due to the fact that the "Safety Rules" are too ill thought and forbidding. We don't believe as competitors (read customers) we are being getting the respect and competitor (read customer) service we deserve. Yesterday Jeff Shu also confirmed that he has no intentions to run RA events du to the same facts.

We will not yield to sanctioning bodies sudden rule changes and capricious attitudes due to knee jerk reactions and dictatorshiplike tactics. We were promissed an open discussion environment and we are once again dealt a fixed hand which is probably going to cause amateurs and newcomers to shy away from our sport. We will not be an instrument to the decostruction of rallying in the US or anywhere else in the world.

I knew hiring ex SCCA aparatchiks would be a mistake and I have been called a shit-stirrer for voicing my opinion about it. Guess what I was right (again).

I would like to know who else is sharing our feelings. Fire away.

Cheers
M.Samli
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: RA Rallies in the WEST
January 13, 2006 11:14AM
Quite a few of us in Colorado have felt this way. Not all, but many of us. But, as our local event is still and RA event we are stuck. But, we have two new locations in the mountains we are looking into, both of which we would run under NASA regs.
I don't know if you've seen Aaron's comment about Great Lake's know it all's, but that's a common joke we have around here (and obviously doesn't apply to all Great Lakes region people). The main people running SCCA and RA in terms of operations and rules process are based in that region and believe themselves to be an ultimate authority. My hand's down personal favorite belief they hold is that a blind rally is safer than a recce rally. Oh, and I've heard opinions too that all non-national events should be route book only.
That being said, we're not running any RA events except Cog, and we'll stick to stock fuel tanks from here on out.
Skye
Skye Nott
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

Re: Recce more safe?
January 13, 2006 03:28PM
Really, you think recce is more safe? I can understand the argument, it's sure nice to know there's a big rock on the inside of the next corner. On the other hand you rely so much on the pace notes that you would drive a lot faster. Would probably result in more crashes until people learn to make good notes. After that, maybe a few less. It's all guesswork on my part though.

www.rallyrace.net
Skye
Skye Nott
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

January 13, 2006 03:38PM
sagsert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not intending to run any RA rallies in 2006.
> In addition I have confirmation that Cem Akdeniz
> (STi GrN), Cemal Balat (DSM Open), Hakan Okcuoglu
> (DSM Open), Murat Okcuoglu (Starion Gr5) BTW this
> is the whole STC (Sporting Turks Club) and even
> maybe Burak Tuglu (323 ProductionGT) will not be
> competing in RA rallies

Sounds like some sorta sleeper cell... I'm telling!!

(Unless you show me around the Turkey rally scene after I get some driving experience)

Skye

www.rallyrace.net
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

January 13, 2006 04:02PM
After running both. Yes. In the three years of the rally car class in the Colorado Hill Climb Association there has only been one wreck. We had fields of around 14 cars and 4-5 event seasons. No restrictors, no cats, courses ranging from 2.5 to 5 miles. I think I learned more about the limits of my car and driving ability at my first hill climb than I did in 60+ stage miles at 100 Acre Woods.
And, recce makes a codriver's job much more fun. Routebooks only are okay (I mean that's all they use in Finland for Group F) but you have to be ready to trash the car more often if you want to really push it and win. Or get really good at recovering it.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

January 13, 2006 04:12PM
Oh, I just remembered another great one!!!
The V style for your door beams. Because someone heard from someone somewhere that a V bar done with one straight bar and two cut bars was in a car involved in a side impact and the weld broke and speared the guy in the leg, so now they recommend against doing it with that method and probably will require the V bar style door bars.
Morten
Morten
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt

January 13, 2006 05:23PM
I don't feel this type of management or BS from CARS.

Then again, it was nice to have the CARS President take the time to sit down, explaining the timing cards, etc... with us. Then at the end of our first rally for him to walk over and pat us on the back for finishing felt pretty decent.

Personally I find the rally environment North of the 49th pretty decent. Can't speak by personal experience on the South of it, but from what I read... it speaks for itself.

Since you're a Turk, you may feel more at home in our neck of the woods in North Vancouver. The Persian community is 50,000+ in one district.

Wasn't Turkey part of that little Empire a few years back ?
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 13, 2006 05:55PM
Mental note.... Send Fleas to Morten for mentioning Iranians and Turks in the same sentence.

We have nothing to do with them, never did (yeah we fought againt eachoteher a few hundred years but that's no biggy) we hopefully never will.

Cheers
M.Samli
Morten
Morten
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt

January 13, 2006 06:27PM
Before you waste your Gaylant money by sending me fleas, pick up a history book and do a search.

That area that defines Turkey today was part of the Persian Empire, just a few years ago. Well 2600 years ago... not that long ago.

"The Persian Empire occupied the area in the 6th century B.C., giving way to the Roman Empire, then later the Byzantine Empire. The Ottoman Turks first appeared in the early 13th century, subjugating Turkish and Mongol bands pressing against the eastern borders of Byzantium and making the Christian Balkan states their vassals."

Instead of sending fleas, you could spend your time painting your rally car to look like a rug.

: )

sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 13, 2006 07:49PM
Nope, you still get the FLEAS.

Click on this for academic purposes you may learn something.

http://www.goldenhorn-rotary.com/ercu/ERCU_FLASH_eng.html

Cheeeeers
M.Samli
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 13, 2006 07:57PM
sagsert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nope, you still get the FLEAS.
>
> Click on this for academic purposes you may learn
> something.
>
>
>
> Cheeeeers
> M.Samli
Damn that was awfully polite. And uncalled for, too.
This is rallyanarchy, a proper response would have been to really chew his ass all the pieces for presuming to tell you history..

I want you to go back and try it again, or go stand with your nose in the fuckin corner!!!

Morten
Morten
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt

January 13, 2006 08:04PM
Thanks for the website link, the sound of those lapping waves is very soothing.

But tell me why is it that the Rotary Club insists on using a fucking cam gear for their logo when the rest of the world damn well knows that a rotor is triangular ?

Although I'm sure Felix Wankel would be greatful to the rotary club today for imortilizing his invention with a pseudo respectable organization.

Cheers,
M.Labo
Taro
Taro Snell
Super Moderator

January 13, 2006 09:14PM
Well Morton, seems you now know the Iranians are responsible for all those damn tulips back home that everyone keeps talking about.
First Post, just found the site, and am loving it. its Schutzstaffel.com, with out the fuckin' censorship, and annoying people that bore everyone.

Cheers

Taro
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 14, 2006 05:33PM
Oy Gewalt !!!

Check out the Seed9 headline under CRS over at the SS.cum.

Soon they are gonna try to declare us traitors.

I want the power hungry midwesterner to resign and never open his pie hole ever again. Maybe then I may reconsider doing RA events.

I was told that they approached 2 competitors to ask for their help with 2 RA rallies and they both sair "Pound Sand". Not only they are gonna lose entries (read $$$) they are also losing experienced volunteer/competitors.

Cheers
M.Samli
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

January 14, 2006 05:37PM
Fuck the fuckin fuckers.

They shouldn't let a baboon do the welds. My doors have the one single long and 2 short bars that do the X door bar and they are welded fine.

I really don't feel like cutting those off and re doing the thing.

So who wants to piss me off by talking shit against recce ?
Recce is goooood, recce is your friend, enbrace your recce.

Cheers
M.Samli
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login