Advanced

New guy

Posted by Turbopit 
Turbopit
Mike Hymbaugh
Infallible Moderator

New guy
April 05, 2006 12:05AM
Just thought I would give a little introduction. Grant (NoCoast) forwarded me the address to this place, so if I cause any problems, it's all his fault. smiling smiley I recognize a few names. All the XR4Ti guys anyway.

Currently working on a drag car but have been helping a local hill climber. It's been a lot of fun and hard work. I decided it was time to try out some driving instead of just wrenching. Plus Ryan's burning through all my spare parts. My last spare engine died on Pike's Peak last year. smiling smiley It's my turn to break some stuff! I am completely new to this though. I can quote most NHRA rules, but I don't have much of a clue here.

For now it looks like I am going to lease a car. Ryan just bought a 3rd RX7 (a 2nd gen) that had been set up for drag racing. The suspension is all stock RX7 parts if I remember right. The cage I am sure will need a little updating, if not for the rules at least for peace of mind. Lots of little things will need addressed and it will be getting a Ford 2.3L Turbo based drivetrain. The exact combo will depend on what he desides to add and then I'll pick up the slack. It will be getting my Pectl T6 for fuel/sparl/etc. Probably nothing to radical unless that just happens to be the only thing we have. LOL Anyway, the car won't be here for a few weeks.

Mike Hymbaugh
"Converted" drag racer smiling smiley
Castle Rock, CO
http://www.four-banger.net/first.html
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - rx7a.jpg (46.7 KB)
rx7a.jpg
Skye
Skye Nott
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Xratty

Re: New guy
April 05, 2006 03:29AM
Hey Mike, welcome to the board!

www.rallyrace.net
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login