Posted by Rally West 
Rally West
Rem Wyatt
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Golf

You'll find me swingin'...
May 08, 2006 08:40PM
from my garage rafters with my fucking DMS, sparco wheel, quick steering rack, fuel cell bulkhead (ha,ha) etc. straped to my waist for ballast! Rally is the biggest waste of time and money in the world...I mean I have blown 30+ hours at the craps table and lost thousands and I still come out ahead compared to this rally horse shit! Seriously...there is no sane person that will spend a fucking dime on this stupid sport. So that means ALL of you reading this are totally insane and should be tossed in the pokey with the general population to fend for yourselves...oh and I hear they are using powdered soap these days!!!

Actually I am just a bit out of whack since I am unemployed and our recently rebuilt trans failed us at Rim.

Sorry...nevermind!

Thanks To: Billygoat Racing "Smokin' since 1977"
Please Login or Register to post a reply
John Lane
John Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 262turbo AKA the SPE

Wah!!
May 09, 2006 12:37PM
Is any of your rant supposed to be anything remotely resembling NEWS for anyone who has been in the sport for more then two weeks time?

We go rallying cause it is FUN to go and beat up our junk in the woods whilst lighting many many hundred dollar bills on fire.

Get over it. It is expensive. You are more likely to break your junk and 'get' to wait for hours and hours in the woods for your service crew (maybe) to come and get you. I owe my service crews plenty over the years........

Good times are to be had rallying in the Northwest. Your experience may be different.

JohnLane

Volvo 260turbo AKA The Fire Breathing Monster
Overkill is consistently more fun
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

Re: Wah!!
May 09, 2006 04:34PM
Uh, John, I think you missed the humor part there. Think of Rem's rant as that string of invective one lets off when the wrench slips and you bang your knuckles while dropping the bolt it took you forever to line up into the darkest recesses of the engine bay.

Meanwhile...Rem? If you're really just going to use that stuff for ballast, can I swap you a couple of cinderblocks for 'em? They'll work just as good and I could use the quick rack and the DMSs and your cylinderhead...oh, and that cute chick who co-drives for you.

Self-righteous douche canoe
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 09, 2006 04:44PM
You mean when I was trying to split the spring seat and the over tightened and dirt filled fuckers wouldn't split and the fucking wrenches came off hitting me in the forehead and my back of head into the wheel well and I was so pissed off I through the wrenches and started say "eff this sport and these stupid coilover things. Who the hell needs adjustable ride height god damn pain in the ass...." I wasn't really serious?

Grant Hughes
John Lane
John Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:

May 10, 2006 11:03AM
We are starting to feel the pain that is rally......
I DO see the humor in this. I've been in this place many times.... In many places.... One that comes to mind....
The ORV park ten years ago.......... We blew up the transmission on stage one...Drove to Seattle to get a replacement....Got it in there....only to realize that the diff was also blown up.....Quick run (three+hours round trip) to Seattle to get a diff and got it in there as the first signs of light were coming into view.... Ran all day Sunday and laughed ourselves silly whilst cross-eyed from lack of sleep. Good thing I was still in my twenties.....

Keep trying......It will cost more then you can afford or expect that it should, leave you bleeding again and make for priceless memories.

JohnLane

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 10, 2006 11:46AM
Bought my first rally car. Had to replace the cage and seats and fix a few things to make legal. First event was 100AW 2004. Car was ready a week in advance. Took it up to the mountains to make sure we didn't have tire clearance problems (bigger diameter Kumhos) and go check out some ice racing. Lots of ice on the dirt road up there. Hit a bad patch at about 25 and the no grip Kumhos slide me right off the road and a pole goes right under the bumper and into the oil cooler and shorts the power line at radiator. Small electrical fire and needs a new oil cooler. Friends come over Tuesday night, rebuild most of the wiring harness that had fried and we are ready to leave Wednesday. Drive the 900 miles to Missouri. 3.5 miles in on the first stage the car in front of us has an accident and blocks the road. We go off avoiding them and hit a tree. Mostly cosmetic, but have broke the cooling fan and damaged new lines to oil cooler (which luckily I had relocated). Takes until about 11 pm to get car back to hotel. Work on car until 5 am and get it driveable. Have to get re-teched at 7 am to make it to Parc Expose by 8. 60+ stage miles, a misfire in engine, constantly overheating and having to let off and we finally made it to the finish dead last and about 4-5 minutes back of the closest car. Still one of the funnest weekends in my life and the comraderie in this sport amazed me from that weekend. I'd do it again without a second thought.

Grant Hughes
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

Re: You'll find me swingin'...
May 10, 2006 11:54AM
Rem, quit bitching and get to work, pull that transmission and figure out what went kaboom.

You will not get any sympathy here dammit. Look at the bright side, you jhave the old transmission anyways, split open both transmissions and make one out of two. Don't tell me you don't have time, you are unemployed so you can do it.

As Paul Sr. would say "SUCK IT UP AND DO IT OR MY SIZE 12...."

You have time to do it till Gorman. Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
Jay
Jay Woodward
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
'90 Mazdog Frankenprotege

Jay
May 10, 2006 12:27PM
BWWWAAAHAAHAAHAA I too have noticed that rallycars even more than normal cars are a pain in the ass to work on. It's as if they are getting even for the abuse we put them through. Bastards, they deserve it. Try to remove the wheelbearing nut, leaing down on a cheater bar on socket wrench, all of a sudden it gives and down I go into the dirt, wrench flying in air, landing on my goddamn head. A normal car wouldn't have had that good an aim. But still, I have taken more out of my rallycar than my rallycar has taken out of me!

Jay Woodward
Snohomish, WA
Chronologically, 46...
John Lane
John Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:

May 10, 2006 03:56PM
FOR NOW........IT WILL GET YOU JAY.......
Jay has not started reassembly yet.
That should be a hoot.

JohnLane

nick the brit
Nick Taylor
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Subaru Impreza WRX

Re: You'll find me swingin'...
May 10, 2006 04:19PM
Oh Fuck yeah!

I've stripped a couple of Imprezas in a few days!
It's only taken me about 5 years to cobble one of the bastards back together.

Fucking cars!
Fight you tooth an nail.

Nick Taylor.
Knobhead.
Los Angeles, CA.
Jay
Jay Woodward
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

Jay
May 10, 2006 06:43PM
Don't worry John, I shall do my best to share the misery in your direction!

Jay Woodward
Snohomish, WA
Chronologically, 46...
Rally West
Rem Wyatt
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Golf

May 10, 2006 07:25PM
I just had to bitch a little...see being unemployed one has FAR too much time to shop, read, dwell, procrastinate, etc. All of these are comming to a head (which is all too full of how to get money to eat) and I had to let it all out. Actually you guys really got to see abridged version. The trans is out, some plastic shit broke off the speedo thingy and ended up in the shift selector area...no 1st, 2nd, R, or 5th...only 3 and 4 and that aint gona cut it on some of the Rim roads. Something also happened to the clutch slave that caused the clutch to break down into it root layers of fabric. Oh and the welded diff (not the one I welded) came apart. It figures that for once in my life I was making some $$, paid someone to build the trans and the whole thing shit the bed! If cars were not 10 behind dirtbikes in technology this might be a viable sport...I am gona get a new dirtbike and wait for moto rally to come around. My dirt bike gets rode hard, put away dirty and it has never left me stranded (unless I did something really stoopid) If moto rally takes too long to come to fruition I will head back to Chile and race the Patagonia/Atacoma raid rally.

I aint gona leave rally...there is nothing like it...but cant you see the headlines..."Man found in hanging in garage with some objects hanging around waist...the objects are completely foreign even to the Police...Police found a note that read 6L 650 /CR 450 ! L5/CR > !!R4 > !!!R2...Police are trying to decode the note however they seem to feel this is what pushed the man over the edge!!!

Thanks To: Billygoat Racing "Smokin' since 1977"
John Lane
John Lane
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:

May 11, 2006 01:29PM
Jay you could dump the Mazda thing and build a Fairmont.

JohnLane

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login