Posted by derek 
derek
Derek Bottles
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Past: 323, RX2, GTI. Next up M3 ?

Saying good bye to the rally car
May 16, 2006 11:38PM
Today I FedEx'ed the title to my rally car to the new owner. I have also been informed the shipping company will come Thurs or Fri to pick it up.

So I spent this evening loading up the last bits and cleaning out the service van. The shear number of small parts I had acumilated over the last 5 years of the Golf was staggering. Also as no suprise I found a number of things I had not been able to find when I needed them such as spare bolts for the starter motor... I have long since gone to the junk yard and gotten another set.

I was from time to time shocked to open a box and find a part I had no idea that I even owned like the spare Forged Crank Shaft or the complete injection rail if someone wanted to try mega squirt rather than the current carb set up.

Not sure what I am going to do with 2 cases of Mobil1 15-50 or the case of brake clean I had, I guess the van can use that grade oil and I can clean my bike chain.

I look forward to reading about the car out on the stages later this year in its new owner's capible hands. I for my part might put a Garmin 430 IFR GPS in my plane sounds like a fair trade, a box the size of a text book for a rally car.

DKB

In the long run reality always wins.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Saying good bye to the rally car
May 17, 2006 10:43AM
Who'd you sell it to anyhow.

Grant Hughes
John Lane
John Lane
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 262turbo AKA the SPE

Re: Saying good bye to the rally car
May 19, 2006 11:17AM
The new owner may or may not wish to speak up.

Derek Methinks that it is high time we got to building your FAIRMONT!! It will just HAVE to be equipped with racing seats done up in 'Period Fabric patterns.' V-8 Pow-waaaa and many laughs will certainly go hand in hand. Maybe even with a better reliability record then we managed with the Golf.

Derek I'll be happy to relieve you of that Mobil-1. My Volvo consumes it at an alarming rate when it runs.

JohnLane

Volvo 260turbo AKA The Fire Breathing Monster
Overkill is consistently more fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2006 11:52AM by John Lane.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login