Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

BOSCH 180 RALLY LIGHTS

Posted by BJosephD 
DAVEGEE
Super Moderator

Re: BOSCH 180 RALLY LIGHTS
March 06, 2011 08:28PM
Yes.....just looking for the stock piece on the bottom of the light.....Thanks for your suggestion BJosephD....I will try Rallylights.com
Please Login or Register to post a reply
WrcEvo001
Junior Moderator

January 25, 2015 03:47PM
Hi Everybody

I got a pair of Bosch Rally 180´s (Knick, the swedish one) from a very good friend (was driving rallyecross) in Budapest, Hungary. Unfortunately one of the lights has no glass (the concave) , I suppose it was perished due to a former stone chip / accident. They were originally on a Skoda 130 LR.
If someone has one of these lights, ot only the glass (however this is the most sensitive part of the item) I would be interested in this.

I´m located in Hungary too...

Thanks in advance and

Flat out winking smiley

Gabriel
alkun
Albert Kun
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

January 25, 2015 08:31PM
Welcome Gabriel,

which are the good rallies in Hungary? If I ever make the trip to the ancestal homeland, I'd like to catch an event.
WrcEvo001
Junior Moderator

January 26, 2015 04:18AM
Hi,

Well, rallying in Hungary is a bit down compared to a decade ago. WRC cars cannot be prized in the absolute results, so they can run, but without podium its not too interesting for the sponsors. Some of them run at least, its still much more fascinating than an S2000 car or a category R5 (1600 cc turbo, Fwd).
The best tarmac events are here in the North (Miskolc and Kosice where the slovak and the hungarian championship are connected together) and in the south (Mecsek rallye near Pécs). Lots of drivers often take apart on romanian snow and gravel rallies in Transylvania, they are exciting too, however some 400 miles away from here. Covasna Winter Rally is this weekend (31st January).
Personally I prefer WRC events winking smiley

Gabriel
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

January 26, 2015 06:00AM
i had a couple sets of those loved them!!!

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
WrcEvo001
Junior Moderator

January 26, 2015 07:00AM
Yes, these are what I got, are also great, original Bosch made in Sweden (I guess 80´s). Compared to my Hella Rallye 4000´s (those huge lights really look funny on the Citroen Saxo VTS) these are much prettier and the concave lens are very unique.
Unfortunately one is destroyed, thats why I intend to find a glass. In the worst case I will go to the glass shop and will cut a glass circle at least 5 mm thick, will fix and seal with silicone gel and will put clear 3M adhesive on them against stone chips. I will mount them either on my Audi V8 or on my small polish Fiat 126p smiling smiley
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

January 29, 2015 11:39AM
found a pair of bosch rallye 180s on the basement last night

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
WrcEvo001
Junior Moderator

February 10, 2015 03:15PM
Ohhhh...that sounds great. Sorry for the late answer I was extremely busy and had absolutely no time to deal with my own things (the small car - the Saxo - got a wash only on sunday as I didn´t even had a half an hour to clean her)
WrcEvo001
Junior Moderator

June 23, 2015 02:24PM
I will prepare the fixing frame for my Hella Rallye 3000s for the small Citroen this weekend.(The brother of my gf told me they are ugly and big on that small car grinning smiley)
Intend to mount them in front of the bumper, as when I put them higher, or near the headlights, I wont be able to open the bonnet. So every time filling after windscreen wash fluid or checking the oil they have to be dismantled. As a matter of fact, I´m a bit worried about parking distances, as a bad maneuver from a neightbour or someone else parking too close to me, and they are crashed immediatelly. And of course I have to keep 50 cm more distance in the traffic, however this is a thing I can decide in my head.
As for the frame, I think something aluminium profile which is lightweight and can be fixed via screws to the front frame of the chassis (through the front air inlets of the bumper)
Ewout
Junior Moderator

April 13, 2019 04:14AM
Hi everyone,

Only a few years later.... was recently searching for some info on these rally lights (the Bosch 180 knick) since I destroyed one of the glass lenses of the pair of Bosch 180's I have on my '73 Ford Capri with which I do some classic rallying. See attached pic. Does anyone have one rally light spare lying aorund that might be for sale, or just a glass lense maybe?

Rgds

Ewout
Attachments:
open | download - 20190410_185531.jpg (44 KB)
20190410_185531.jpg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login