Posted by sagsert 
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

JPM Lost His Mind
July 10, 2006 10:55PM
I mean I know he's from Colombia and shit but I think he needs to stay away from crack.

Juan Pablo Montoya announced that he will be competing in NASCRAP in 2007.

I will laugh my ass off seeing him duke it out with the rednecks and hillbillies, or should I have said Apalachian Americans to be Politically Correct ?

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2006 01:13AM by sagsert.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

Re: JPM Lost His Mind
July 11, 2006 12:04AM
What makes you think he lost his mind?
Him being a wife-beater and all(information verified thru a friends friend who worked with him on the same cart team) he perfectly fits in ...
Plus not much success at F1 anyhow why not guarentee a job where all the $$$ is.

Oscar

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
nick the brit
Nick Taylor
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Subaru Impreza WRX

July 11, 2006 10:58AM
According to MSN Sports the $$$ may be less in Nascar.

"Why on Earth would Juan Pablo Montoya trade Monte Carlo and Melbourne for Darlington and Martinsville - and likely take a pay cut in the process?

The Formula One star said he's looking for a more enjoyable atmosphere and a new racing challenge, and thinks he'll find it in NASCAR next year."

And MClaren just told him to piss off right now if that's how it's going to go!

"Juan Pablo Montoya is leaving McLaren-Mercedes immediately, after deciding to switch to NASCAR next season. He'll be replaced by test driver Pedro de la Rosa for the rest of the Formula One season.

"Team McLaren Mercedes and Juan Pablo Montoya have mutually agreed for him to step down in the forthcoming races of this year's Formula 1 World Championship,'' McLaren CEO and chairman Ron Dennis said Tuesday. "We have agreed that with so many things happening in Juan Pablo's life right now, he should take some time out of the car and prepare professionally and personally for the future."

JPM has never really shown the promise he had when he left CART. Many predicted the 2nd coming of Senna when he joined the F1 circus but it never materialised. He had some great drives, but nothing spectacular. I was a Montoya fan in CART but he turned into a whining snivelling bitch like so many of the other primadonnas in F1. And the video that went around of him walking into a cameraman and then getting pissed at the guy - well, what can you say?
The whole of F1 seems so up it's own arse it's ridiculous, and it all stems from the rich dwarf at the top - Bernie. Granted he has made F1 the huge spectacle it is, but for fucks sake have just a little bit of modesty. But hey, maybe being a pompous ass (and spreading that seed throughout your organization) is the way to the top. He's made buckets of money for himself and plenty of others so what do I know.

Nick Taylor.
Knobhead.
Los Angeles, CA.
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

July 11, 2006 01:35PM
I would think an F1 driver, even drunk with an eye patch, would have no trouble driving in circles for hours on end. Now, should he say, in an interview, "Git'r'done!" Then I think we would need to begin planning his death.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

July 12, 2006 01:21AM
nick the brit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was a Montoya fan in CART
> but he turned into a whining snivelling bitch like
> so many of the other primadonnas in F1. And the
> video that went around of him walking into a
> cameraman and then getting pissed at the guy -
> well, what can you say
>
> Nick Taylor.

Amen brother.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
sauna rocks
jake himes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Rx7 (1st gen shell/2nd gen goodies), Pretty soon a bitchin' Capri

July 15, 2006 05:08PM
Think about it guys. Any driver with talent in the US who makes it big makes it big in Nascar. The path to fame is different than in other countries but in the end if you can race motoX/snowmobile/car/skiis/snoboard/kart/downhill bike it's all pretty much the same set of skills.

Don't think for a second that the drivers aren't talented just because they go around cirlcle tracks. They typically know more about their car setup than most rally folk even think they do.

Have any of you seen the program on speed where Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo swapped cars for a few runs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2006 05:14PM by sauna rocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login