Posted by CascadiaRally 
CascadiaRally
Cascadia International Rally Championship
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
for all cars and teams out there in Cascadia and west

CASCADIA International Rally Championships
January 24, 2014 04:35PM
The CASCADIA International Rally Championships is proud to announce that it is official, the series is ON, the site is live, teams have pre-registered. . .

The CIRC is a grass roots, international series combining two of North Americas largest rally communities for a cross border championship event series. A group of avid rally teams came together at several rallies in late 2012, and again in 2013, after several teams pointed out that, with only one western based US national rally, the logistics to run the national series is nearly cost and travel prohibitive. After continued discussions with several regional teams from both the US and Western Canada, it became clear to see that as strong as the rally communities are in the region, a true international series could be easy to form. It was understood that based on the strengths of the combined regions, the field size for these rallies could become competitive with national rallies.

For 2014 the CIRC will take place at the following rallies, in a best 9 of 11 day format:

Oregon Trail Rally, May3-5, 2 day event with Friday Super Special POWER STAGEs at Portland International Raceway, Oregon, US

Olympus Rally, May or June, 2 day event, Washington, US

Idaho Rally, June, 2 day event, Idaho, US

Pacific Forest Rally, 2 day event, BC, Canada

Rocky Mountain Rally, 2 day event, BC, Canada

Big White Rally, 1 Day series final, BC, Canada

So, on the eve of the opening round of the Rally America Championships, we invite you to check out the website at:

http://cascadiairc.com

Registration will now take place from the site, and questions can be sent to:

cascadiarally@charter.net

Where the teams of Cascadia, NW US and Western Canada, go to battle!

To contact, email:
cascadiarally at charter dot net

or for information updates:
https://www.facebook.com/CascadiaRallyChampionship
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: CASCADIA International Rally Championships
January 24, 2014 04:58PM
You still have to have a name--a person. you are a person aren't ya?
And a location..
For something like this, I'd say there should be a contact telephone number too.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
CascadiaRally
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
for all cars and teams out there in Cascadia and west

January 24, 2014 05:11PM
JVL, we will at this time, have email communication for the series, there are a couple names associated with this series, but again for the time being we are going to communicate via the series website and email.

Thanks all for the support, this thing has been a long time coming and with very little information, have had over 20 teams sign up.

Where the teams of Cascadia, NW US and Western Canada, go to battle!

To contact, email:
cascadiarally at charter dot net

or for information updates:
https://www.facebook.com/CascadiaRallyChampionship
Slowwpoke
Dave Clark "The Lesser"
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur XR4Ti

January 24, 2014 05:21PM
I'm super excited about this. Thanks for all the work put into this so far. I hope this receives the support it needs to be a huge success!
Morison
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

January 24, 2014 06:47PM
john vanlandingham
You still have to have a name--a person. you are a person aren't ya?
As hinted at above. Cascadia is several people in several places and I'd expect any one of them to respond under the face of Cascdia at any given time.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 24, 2014 08:49PM
CascadiaRally
JVL, we will at this time, have email communication for the series, there are a couple names associated with this series, but again for the time being we are going to communicate via the series website and email.

Thanks all for the support, this thing has been a long time coming and with very little information, have had over 20 teams sign up.

Who's we?
Why be obtuse? You're somebody. There's other somebodys. YThey have names..
What's the problem?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

January 24, 2014 10:45PM
john vanlandingham
CascadiaRally

Who's we?
Why be obtuse? You're somebody. There's other somebodys. YThey have names..
What's the problem?

Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and Mulmar Qadafi.

They're going to save rally.

:derp:

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
zerodegreec
Oh look, waffles....
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
see you on the stages

January 25, 2014 12:54AM
Questions:

Will this give reduced entry rate(s)?

Will this give reduced license fees for all the different sanctioning bodies?

Where does the entry fee go? Is this money going to the event organizers?

This could promote more teams to travel to events on both sides of the border (cool), good work on trying to spark some more travel. I just don't know what my money goes towards. I have asked these questions a few times, but never been given an answer. Just looking for the true details. So far my math has a total of $1920 in entry fees. All this to keep track of standings? What am I missing???

Intercom and electronics dude. www.zerodegreec.ca
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

January 25, 2014 09:15AM
mmmmmmm. gravely with snowy bits at the end.

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
Hendo711
Dave Henderson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2004 Subaru SP Sti

January 25, 2014 01:23PM
OK, to answer a few of the questions that have been raised, here you go:

The CIRC "staff" includes myself (Dave Henderson), Bryan Watson, and an advisory group from the rally world on both sides of the border. We would like to thank all those that have given feedback and made this a true by the racers, for the racers organization. The rest of the CIRC are the teams, drivers and co-drivers that are members of the organization upon signing up.

The costs associated with this organization include, web build and maintenance, marketing of the series, promotional materials that are in the works, car stickers, event marketing, etc. The funds will be pooled to source awards, a season ending event, and potentially a prize fund for series class champions. We are currently working to get sponsorship for some of these costs, and this will help keep the fees to a minimum. The group has spent hundreds of man hours in the development of this series, including out of pocket money to get this thing to this point. The CIRC is a non-profit organization and with that, no one in the organization will be doing this for personal gain, the group is here to promote our rallies, our teams, and develop a series that those who are involved in can be proud to be a member of.

I have said this in previous posts as this was being developed, and to reiterate, there is no series in the Western US anymore, besides a Rally America regional that includes 1 three day rally (OTR), and the current state of national rally under said organization currently opened their season with a 19 car national field, and they have ONE rally in the west, is that the pinnacle of rally? I know, personally, I cannot run a US national series ($$$), but I can run a regionally located 5-6 race season, hopefully other teams feel they can strive for this as well.

Will this be the thing to "save rally", nope, but even within the points of this thread, as well as feedback obtained though the start up process, teams are excited to have something to plan their rally year by, a series to challenge them, increase the field size of our events, and increase the level of competition for more than one race at a time. This has been missed in our NW US region, and although the Western Canadian organization has a series, the CIRC feels that with the addition this series the combination and level of competition will be strengthened on both sides of the border.

I welcome email communication for anyone with more questions or concerns, so please feel free to fire away, as this thing will continue to develop. . .

SUSPECT MOTOR SPORTS

#541 2004 Subaru Impreza Sti

FB: https://www.facebook.com/SUSPECT541
Morison
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 25, 2014 02:04PM
zerodegreec
What am I missing???

Bryan,
Think of it as similar to a club and a club membership.
If they get series sponsorship, and in the past they've been talking about some big names getting involved, there is every chance there will be a net positive cash flow to the competitors from this.

Drivers (16)

john vanlandingham
HiTempguy
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

January 25, 2014 02:20PM
zerodegreec
So far my math has a total of $1920 in entry fees.

I haven't saw any entry fees at all. Where are you getting your numbers from? Are you just adding up the regional entry fees for all the events?

By my understanding, it looks like it costs $80 for a team to register for the season (I certainly hope that isn't per event...)

No offense meant Dave, but you basically didn't answer any of Bryan's questions which are extremely relevant.
Morison
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

January 25, 2014 02:46PM
Adam,
$80/team
21 teams
$1920 to the CIRC organisation

The idea of registering for a championship is fairly common.
F-Cup series registration is between 240 and 380 euro per year.
Australia Rally Championship Series registration is $3300 aud/year.(AND, double the event entry fees, ARC registered at National Capital Rally at the end of Feb is $2500aud, ARC non-registered is $1225aud.)
BRC is £666 to register for the series. (yes, $1100usd just to be counted)

Drivers (16)

john vanlandingham
Hendo711
Dave Henderson
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2004 Subaru SP Sti

January 25, 2014 06:22PM
zerodegreec
Questions:

Will this give reduced entry rate(s)?

Will this give reduced license fees for all the different sanctioning bodies?

Where does the entry fee go? Is this money going to the event organizers?

This could promote more teams to travel to events on both sides of the border (cool), good work on trying to spark some more travel. I just don't know what my money goes towards. I have asked these questions a few times, but never been given an answer. Just looking for the true details. So far my math has a total of $1920 in entry fees. All this to keep track of standings? What am I missing???

No, this will not reduced entry fee or license fee, the entity is as described by Keith, a member based club and those are the dues, about $4 a day of racing for the entire series. The event organizers are simply the host events of the series, and hopefully the beneficiary of larger fields and a tie to a strong championship.

I explained where the money is going and has been going (without any paid members, yet), we would like to be there at Oregon Trail for the first event with the teams tee shirt and vehicle sticker for the series, with that cost alone you are looking at about 1/3 the cost of membership.

I know we all love these forums to get the pot stirred, and a few of you have actually been in direct contact with me about the series, and I would love to have more answers for you as the questions come, but like any new venture, we could have estimated costs too low, or maybe they end up too high and racers get a pay out at season end, this was just our best attempt at a rough budget, and is lower than a singe race rally america license. . .

Bryan, yes, we could have launched this thing as merely a "keep track of standings" entity, but I think our respective regions combined rally communities have the size and strength to make this get pretty recognized, so we tried to launch this as if it were already established, which again, from the pre-registered members, it has momentum well before the series season even begins.

SUSPECT MOTOR SPORTS

#541 2004 Subaru Impreza Sti

FB: https://www.facebook.com/SUSPECT541
Slowwpoke
Dave Clark "The Lesser"
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur XR4Ti

January 29, 2014 02:01PM
I have a question:

Due to my foul temperament and general disagreeable nature, I go through co-drivers like hotcakes. Is it permissible to enter only the driver in the championship?

Also, I demand hoodies, stickers, and flag girls.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login