Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

1ST ROUND OF ARC - CANBERRA AUSTRALIA

Posted by buerckner 
buerckner
Andrew Buerckner
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Daihatsu Charade GTti DOHC Turbo, and Mazda MX-5(miata) Turbo(bent)

1ST ROUND OF ARC - CANBERRA AUSTRALIA
February 24, 2014 05:30PM
Hello

First round this weekend here in my hometown.
Ari Vatanen is here for some speaking engagements and has also brought some old car to take a lucky few for a quick squirt

http://www.rally.com.au/arc-news/ari-vatanen-to-give-passengers-the-ride-of-their-lives

Hopefully I'll win the last ride in our club raffle!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
DG_Rally
Dave Grenwis
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
'92 VW Golf

Re: 1ST ROUND OF ARC - CANBERRA AUSTRALIA
February 24, 2014 08:44PM
Very cool.

If you win a ride, bring a camera and share.

Dave Grenwis - DG Rally - www.dgrally.com
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

February 25, 2014 09:42AM
Whoa! Isn't he like the prime minister of Finland or something! Very cool, didn't realize he drove rally cars also!

Grant Hughes
HiTempguy
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

February 25, 2014 11:12AM
I am ridiculously excited to watch the ARC this year; hopefully the front running 2wd guys will have a great battle!

I don't know how convinced I am of the ARC's new ruleset which started (last year)? But it still is exciting to watch with some great driving. The ARC, combined with the BRC, CRC, and RA championships will make for some GREAT rally coverage this year smiling smiley
Creech
Scott Creech
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

February 26, 2014 01:09AM
NoCoast
Whoa! Isn't he like the prime minister of Finland or something! Very cool, didn't realize he drove rally cars also!

Well, how is it do you think he got to BE the Prime Minister? tongue sticking out smiley

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

February 26, 2014 11:18AM
Creech
NoCoast

Well, how is it do you think he got to BE the Prime Minister? tongue sticking out smiley

Just to note. Vatanen was elected as Memeber of European Parliament aka MEP, not to the Finnish Parliament. He has lived in Southern France in Rognes a commune des Bouches-du-Rhône, in the 'arrondissement d'Aix-en-Provence* since the end of his Peugeot days.
He was elected as a member of The National Coalition Party (Finnish: Kansallinen Kokoomus r.p., Kok.; Swedish: Samlingspartiet r.p., Saml.) , from wiki:

is a liberal conservative[3] political party in Finland founded in 1918.

The National Coalition Party is one of the four largest parties in Finland, along with the Social Democratic Party, the True Finns Party and the Centre Party. The party bases its politics on "individual freedom and responsibility, equality, Western democracy and economic system, humane principles and caring."[4] The party is strongly pro-European and is a member of the European People's Party (EPP).

Its vote share has been around 20% in parliamentary elections in the 1990s and 2000s (decade). It won 44 out of 200 seats in the parliamentary elections of 2011, becoming the largest party in the Finnish parliament for the first time in its history.........................

he party defends "individual freedom, and promotes people’s opportunities to make choices, but without ignoring everyone’s responsibility for their own life, others, and the environment. Our ideology combines freedom with responsibility, democracy, and equality".[6] The party's basic values are education, tolerance, rewarding and caring.[6] The party also values multiculturalism.[7] According to the history section of the official website the platform has been shaped by ideas of conservatism, liberalism and social reform, which have all contributed to the current ideology.[8][third-party source needed] On the other hand, Alexander Stubb, a prominent cabinet minister of the party, has stated that the party's current policies under incumbent chairman Jyrki Katainen are "unambiguously liberal".[9] In 2010 the party congress voted in favour of supporting same-sex marriage.[10]

From Finnish wiki

French Metro Life magazine survey, Ari Vatanen was the tenth most popular European French people. [2] The prestigious Le Monde magazine, Vatanen is "extremely popular" MEPs to the people. [3]

An interesting note:

Vatanen is married to Rita Helen Holm Borg. He has four children: [1] Kim (1972), Ria (1980), Tua (1982) and Max (1990). Kim Vatanen works rally driver Sebastien Ogier manager together with Graig Pollock. Vatanen to take care of, inter alia, to Jukka Ketomäen, Jari Ketomaa and Taisko Lario things.

*right in the middle of where a lot of Monte Carlo SSs and French Championship events are run...and its very pretty and very mild...been thru there a lot in the past and I can say if he settle there he is a smart man....

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
buerckner
Andrew Buerckner
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

February 28, 2014 03:48AM
Well I didn't win but I found this interview from the VIP ride day that I attended after scruitneering

My Driver and I are all set, apparently I have to stop him using the brake pedal!
buerckner
Andrew Buerckner
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

March 01, 2014 10:44PM
Sadly DNF broken gearbox, was doing very well in 2wd state.

But did meet Ari at the service park as he was doing the rounds. Talking to all and generally being a cool rally dude.
Attachments:
open | download - natcap2014.jpg (44 KB)
natcap2014.jpg
open | download - Natcap2014-2.jpg (41.6 KB)
Natcap2014-2.jpg
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

March 04, 2014 11:05PM
buerckner
Well I didn't win but I found this interview from the VIP ride day that I attended after scruitneering

My Driver and I are all set, apparently I have to stop him using the brake pedal!

Oh no! He's not wearing a helmet or hans! You guys sure made him sound like he is smart or something... smiling smiley

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
buerckner
Andrew Buerckner
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

March 05, 2014 12:07AM
turoc
Oh no! He's not wearing a helmet or hans! You guys sure made him sound like he is smart or something... smiling smiley

It's all ok, they had transit headsets to protect the ears!
Cosworth
Paulinho Ferreira
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Honda Civic

March 05, 2014 09:57AM
buerckner
It's all ok, they had transit headsets to protect the ears!
They're called "practice headsets" because that's what you would use to practice. Heck they would even do the safari rally with those in shorts and t shirts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login