Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

does your garage floor need help?
May 17, 2015 02:56PM
here's a shot in the dark!!!

as soon as i bought my volvo i got hit with a bad string of financial bad luck including the ever dreaded, (dramatic music swells) IRS!!!

so if any of you guys local to portland are looking for a concrete flooring MASTER, this guy is looking for some side work.

tired of that huge crack in your garage eating nuts and bolts and grime? got it.

want to get all fancy and do a vinyl flake system like the porshe dealership has? got it.

want to get less fancy and do a solid color epoxy covering? yup, got it.

how about getting all pearl district and doing fancy stain and sealing it up? got it.

or maybe just cleaning it up and sealing it so nasty stuff doesn't penetrate your pretty utilitarian concrete? you got it, i got it.

i have twelve years experience in concrete and industrial coatings, i'll be cheaper, cleaner and more handsome than that other guy you thought about fixing up your garage. or basement, or whatever.

i may also do work for a T5 or toyota rear or anything else i really need for my volvo. may even be willing to travel as far as seattle for work the right size.

ok. i tried.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Re: does your garage floor need help?
May 17, 2015 08:52PM
Having been in a similar situation this year...

[url=

][/url]

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

May 17, 2015 09:18PM
at least it was our own mistake we're paying for... a hard lesson learned, and not to be made again. it keeps me from going on anarchist rants at least.

and

that was my favorite beatles song as a kid...
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

May 17, 2015 09:26PM
We got caught out on making too much for some tax credits and as a result some freelance income that I'd planned for a 25% rate got smacked for what amounted to 50% because of the loss of credits. Fawk me....

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

May 17, 2015 09:34PM
well, i'm not alone. almost the same story here. my wife got a 1099 mixed up thinking it was for '14. nope it was for '13. and it pushed us up and jacked our credits. i even amended the whole section c stuff and got our overage down by half, so it's half as bad as it could have been. what got me was the massive amount of errors the irs made on our paperwork. our first notice said i made over 250k in '13! ha!! i'd have a flippin' blue subaru if i made that kind of cash! well, maybe not. but their errors don't cost them what ours cost us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login