Posted by DanielSL 
DanielSL
Daniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

Guides for rally notes?
September 26, 2016 06:18AM
Does anyone have a good source for a guidebook to rally notes? This has always been a part of rallying that intrigues me, but I have never found anything beyond some youtube instructional videos, as far as actual definitive instructions.

I figure if I spend a season or two of RallyCross, eventually I will go to a RallySprint or two. That means learning how to read, edit, and write the notes.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. And if there is an idiots guide to rally notes, even better. I'm going to need to teach my 24 year old, JDM headed step-son while he's busy explaining to me why his Civic needs to be so low that its shifter box drags on the ground every time he shifts at redline, even though I've told him to change his rear motor mount more times than I can count.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Guides for rally notes?
November 21, 2016 02:16AM
Waste of time now, you don't even have a wawwy-cwoss car working yet.
Stop embarrassing yourself and the community.
Start the engine of the car pay your $35 or whatever and go do a year or two of driving around in a grassy field. Nobody gives a shit about that and you appear to be just short of clinically insane with all your pointless and meaningless posts about doing nothing.
Shut up and do something.

Maybe a year or two of lots of events--doesn't matter results--then you will have some parolee status but now you're just a blow hard nothing wasting people's time and only good as an example of total and utter failure of comprehension..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
DanielSL
Daniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 21, 2016 06:01AM
Thanks, but No. As usual John, you are a useless piece of shit with nothing constructive to post.

A member of another board led me to a great resource, "A guide to Rally Co-Driving", by Mark Williams. A great read, and a lot of interesting material.

Nice to know the members of some other boards allow new members to build their own cars on their own time-line, and progress at their own comfort level. Not trey to force them to do it "their" (Read John V.'s way), to do anything to be worthy of being on a damned website.

.338 Lapua + John V. = Unencumbered Happiness.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 21, 2016 10:09AM
DanielSL
Thanks, but No. As usual John, you are a useless piece of shit with nothing constructive to post.

A member of another board led me to a great resource, "A guide to Rally Co-Driving", by Mark Williams. A great read, and a lot of interesting material.

Nice to know the members of some other boards allow new members to build their own cars on their own time-line, and progress at their own comfort level. Not trey to force them to do it "their" (Read John V.'s way), to do anything to be worthy of being on a damned website.

Your whole project is a facade, your on line persona is a facade, your claims of accomplishments is a facade and above all your posture of honor is a facade.. You are nothing.

Drive your car in some rally crosses and shut the fuck up about anything else UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING.....

You're not even a noob yet.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Flying_Finn
Eric Grochowski
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
'96 Golf, '87 Corolla GTS, '99 2.5RS

November 21, 2016 01:47PM
DanielSL

... uh... was that just an incitement to violence or an actual death threat?

It's okay to let shit slide sometimes... or argue it out, whatever... but this has got to be over the line. Even for Rally Anarchy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 02:01PM by Flying_Finn.
Not Trolling
Keith Morison
Junior Moderator

November 21, 2016 02:00PM
DanielSL

This is seriously not cool.

First Rally attended (2000), First Rally competed in (2001)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Driver (8), Co-Driver (47), Drivers (19)
Clerk (29), Steward (1), Official (17), Volunteer (5)
WRC Spectator (1), WRC Photographer (6), WRC Observer (4)
Rallies attended (120) Countries attended rallies in (11)
Last Updated, May30, 2022
Vincent Gagnon
The same thing that I just wrote
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 240

November 21, 2016 02:19PM
DanielSL

You fucking, worthless, miscarriage residue piece of shit.

John actually wants the sport to stay alive.
People like you are killing it.

This fucker is already on the Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators.
This is a death threat and it's illegal.
Somebody shoud notify the police.

Ask for work.
If they don't give you work, ask for bread.
If they do not give you work or bread, then take bread.

- Emma Goldman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 02:22PM by Vincent Gagnon.
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

November 21, 2016 02:38PM
Not Trolling
DanielSL

This is seriously not cool.

He's already threatened John at least three times over on the other thread...
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

November 21, 2016 02:41PM
Vincent Gagnon

This fucker is already on the Florida Sexual Offenders and Predators.
This is a death threat and it's illegal.
Somebody shoud notify the police.

Which kind of leads me to believe that this is just the ultimate troll. Usurp the identity of a chi-mo so you can troll without care.
Vincent Gagnon
The same thing that I just wrote
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 240

November 21, 2016 02:47PM
Paul Buck

Which kind of leads me to believe that this is just the ultimate troll. Usurp the identity of a chi-mo so you can troll without care.

You think?

Seems like a lot of trouble to put the stickers of the usurped identity on your car.

Ask for work.
If they don't give you work, ask for bread.
If they do not give you work or bread, then take bread.

- Emma Goldman
DanielSL
Daniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 21, 2016 02:51PM
Eric, I see what you did there... "let shit slide", LOL, rally car.

Unfortunately, with RallyCross, the darned things never go fast enough to really let them slide. Can't practice that until I get enough seat time to graduate to Rally Sprints.

On another note, as this thread is already as off-topic as the other one; When I originally spoke to HotBits about suspensions, they sent me photos of the car in your avatar as an example of what they could do. Sold me quick as soon as I saw that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 02:52PM by DanielSL.
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

November 21, 2016 03:16PM
Vincent Gagnon
Paul Buck

You think?

Seems like a lot of trouble to put the stickers of the usurped identity on your car.

Touche sir.

Maybe he has the ultimate dedication to the troll cause?

Or maybe just a total asshole....
Flying_Finn
Eric Grochowski
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
'96 Golf, '87 Corolla GTS, '99 2.5RS

November 21, 2016 03:18PM
John VanLandingham has never said anything on this forum to deserve a death threat or wishes of violence against him. And he's right about seat time and more seat time. I don't care about arguing, but I don't want to see that kind of commentary here or anywhere else in this sport.

Rallycrossing a FWD, RWD, or AWD: I'm not sure how you can even make it to the finish line without some drifting.
DanielSL
Daniel
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:

November 21, 2016 03:47PM
Eric;

Out of respect, we will have to agree to disagree. I came here to learn, and to grow. To hopefully someday be a positive part of the community, and enjoy the camaraderie.
From day one John bullied his opinions and thoughts into every post, was berating, and insulting. I am too old, and too tired to play those games, or deal with that type of person in my life anymore.
On the other hand, he has made some valid points, and brought to light some important factors. Those I have made sure to pay attention to.
As far as my commentary about it, and him; I apologize if you or anyone else took it as more than my blowing off the steam so I don't have an aneurysm regarding it. You are correct that that type of behavior and verbiage does not belong within this community. My apologies.
As far as my past. I screwed up. I paid for it. I moved on. My friends, and my peers judge me based on how I treat them, and their families; not on a single mistake I made over a dozen years ago.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 21, 2016 09:46PM
DanielSL
Eric;

Out of respect, we will have to agree to disagree. I came here to learn, and to grow. To hopefully someday be a positive part of the community, and enjoy the camaraderie.
From day one John bullied his opinions and thoughts into every post, was berating, and insulting. I am too old, and too tired to play those games, or deal with that type of person in my life anymore.
On the other hand, he has made some valid points, and brought to light some important factors. Those I have made sure to pay attention to.
As far as my commentary about it, and him; I apologize if you or anyone else took it as more than my blowing off the steam so I don't have an aneurysm regarding it. You are correct that that type of behavior and verbiage does not belong within this community. My apologies.
As far as my past. I screwed up. I paid for it. I moved on. My friends, and my peers judge me based on how I treat them, and their families; not on a single mistake I made over a dozen years ago.

You pitiful thing.. I have said to you exactly the same things as everybody else. Nothing more nothing less..Everything I have said to you is good solid sensible advice.
You lie as a matter of habit evidently.

Your dismaissal of your crime is a disgusting example... You get convicted for naughtiness with a minor and dismiss it as "I screwed up." And "I moved on"... That's so nice.. I wonder if the minor moved on as easily.
I don't judge you, I treat you exactly as you treat us collectively, and me specifically. (you slander the fuck outta me when I say exactly the same as ALL these other guys have tried in vain to tell you; you grovel in obsequious thankfulness to them..Ridiculous really.)

You bullshit incessantly, you brag about all sorts of bullshit. "I spent $10,000 on suspension for my " whatever the fuck it was...Bullshit. That is throwing shit in every person here's face...

I believe that you treat others as you wish they should treat you.
You treat us to your pointlessly inane empty shit so I must conclude that you want to be treated the same way. I would be foolish to presume otherwise.

You are an arch-typical disgusting Mass-hole.
You lame threat has been noted..

You know what this is?

1055 20th St
Vero Beach, FL 32960
​(772) 978-4600

I do.

But maybe this is the right number:

I need to report an animal issue.
(772) 978-4600

Again, stop wasting people's time with nonsensical inquiries about shit you will probably never do or will certainly forget by time you ever get around to doing things.
Go run your car as it sits right now. It still doesn't run?
Run whatever piece of shit street car you have just like 10s of thousands of other people do and have done for years.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login