Posted by DR1665 
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

"Fawk it more vigorously."
March 25, 2008 06:29PM
Translation: Now that the Gaylant has a salvage title on it, there is no reason to attempt to restore it to some distant glory. This is a rally car.

For those that the Cazadores has been good to, for those that recall, my GVR4 was totaled due to some asshat making a left turn across my lane almost two months ago. I ended up getting the state involved and, upon receipt of a letter from the state, the kid's carrier had a claims supervisor contact me this morning.

She asked for clarification of the figures I shared with them, which totaled $6500, and asked why I had asked for $6500 initially, but only $5000 when going through the state. I told her that this has gone on long enough and that I didn't want this to be drug out any further, or deal with legal proceedings (as I have been in contact with a couple attorneys). She asked me if I would take the $5000. I told her I would.

Three hours later, she calls to tell me she can do $4700 without having to take it higher up the chain over there. I told her we had a deal. Got the salvage title a half an hour ago and will be picking up the check before the end of the weekend.

Step 1: Basic maintenance on the Volvo.
Step 2: Begin repairs on the Gaylant.
Step 3: Sell the Talon.
Step 4: Strip Gaylant interior, deliver to Rumblesoft Racing for proper cage, seats, and get this turd log booked.

Prescott. It could still happen.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login