Posted by john vanlandingham 
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Amazing respones in China to terrible earthquake
May 27, 2008 01:54PM
Lots of youse guys know that for 5 years now I've been in a new family relationship from my marriage to my wonderful wife Suqin who is from Shenzhen in China so natuarally what happens in China where all my new family is takes a close meaning than previously, so now in this time of terrible news of 65000 killed and still 25000+ missing I've been reading more than I guess many of you.
Here's a link to some English language news from there and I can't believe the response and they way that this catastrophe has been handled.
Read some of the links to articles.

Where does this outpouring find its roots?

What have we lost here, cause I don't think we care much that a major city is devastated such as what happened to New Orleans.

Somehow I see a faint echo of our responses in the general malaise in our Rally scene. Just now clear fully the connection, but I have a inkling.

Anyway here's a link, I have to say I'm impressed at that Nation's response.
http://english.sina.com/z/080512sichuanquake/index.shtml

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
SEANT
SEAN TENNIS
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
SAAB 99, SAAB 96 850, SAAB 99T, SAAB V4

Re: Amazing respones in China to terrible earthquake
May 27, 2008 07:46PM
Hey John-it's amazing to think what those people are having to endure... Talk radio was asking listeners last week why they thought there was not more out pooring from the USA, the just of it was along the lines of: They send us items painted with lead paint, poisoned our pets, and we will probably be at war with them in the future, the fewer the better.

This kind of attitude will probably go along way to ensuring a future war versus the good will the helping of people in need may return. Regardless of politics people that love their families are in a bad situation and need help.

As always IMHO

SEAN TENNIS KF7JJR
SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
SAAB 99, SAAB 850
SAAB V4, SAAB 99T
hudson
Andrew McNally
Professional Moderator

Re: Amazing respones in China to terrible earthquake
May 30, 2008 05:06PM
I don't think it's that people genuinely don't care.. I think people are just too wrapped up in their own stuff.. the busy busy of daily life.

That and it's a non-english speaking country that most haven't been to and there will probably be a war at some point.

Andrew M
Onterrible
30ish
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login