Posted by fiasco 
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Thunderchicken wheel arch?
October 19, 2008 09:04AM
My friend Brett has an 88 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Obviously not a rally rig, but it bombs down the highway pretty well for something that is longer than his 2003 Exploder. The body is pretty much mint, except for the passenger side rear quarter panel, where the wheel arch rusted due to some botched body work after scraping a fence many years ago.

If any of you junkyard scrounges in non-rust country sees one of these in good shape (it can probably be any 87 or 88 T-bird), see what they'd want for the wheel arch section. It could be cut a few inches on each side of the arch, then just up and around for easy shipping. The rust is pretty localized (if the body guy had actually used metal instead of Bondo, this wouldn't be an issue), so it should be a UPSable part.

Thanks for looking!

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Please Login or Register to post a reply
DJackson
Dawud Jackson
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Watching from the sidelines

Re: Thunderchicken wheel arch?
October 19, 2008 11:40AM
I dont think this is a thunder chicken specific part. Besides XR4Ti's Thunderchickens are probably the next most popular swap vehicle. You might inquire on turboford.net i'm sure someone has a shell doing nothing in there back yard.

Name: Dawud Jackson (DJ)
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login