Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Merry Christmas
December 24, 2008 09:41AM
Merry Christmas to all my fellow knuckle head ralliets. I hope Santa brings you 2 seconds a mile.

Enjoy your family and friends irregardless of your beliefs.

If this offends anyone here I have a piece of coal (in suppository form) for you.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Rich Smith
Rich Smith
Ultra Moderator

Re: Merry Christmas
December 24, 2008 11:55AM
Thanks Gene,

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else as well!

At our house we've had new snow every night and most days for the past week. At the moment we have 4" of new over a compacted base of about 18"-20". Total snowfall fall has been about 40". The weather forecast says this pattern should continue over Christnms and through the weekend. My God it is beutiful!

For those who don't understand Northwest weather, our snow doesn't stay dry and simply build light and deep. We get daily patterns of freeze/thaw, or freeze/warm, or freeze/rain (in the lowlands). So our white stuff usually compacts in heavy layers each day.

Merry Christmas again!!

Rich Smith
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

December 24, 2008 03:37PM
I was supposed to go up to Monroe and visit friends on the way up and on the way back. My car is stuck, my truck is stuck, but my brother has been driving me around today. This snow is simply crazy, beautiful, but crazy. And so far I haven't seen a nail place open and typing is hell because it's been three weeks. Anywoo, with my family finally and so all is now well. Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and whatever other type stuff is going on this type of year that I don't know how to spell.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 24, 2008 06:42PM
Yep having a Merry Christamas/Winter Solstice.
The days are getting longer!!!

Thanks for the Wishes, Gene.
And Uncle Rich, you ol huligan, you better come visit, I'm telling you!
Anna is 3 12 and so cute you get a lump in your throat, seriously.
And Natasha thinks give Dada a kiss means to tweak his nose!
And she tweaks it then giggles.

Come and Visit.

Everybody else, lets look forward, hope the country recovers from a decade of unrestrained greed and 8 years of un-seen levels of stew-pidity.

And we can maybe go play in the woods some!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Vorpal_Rally
Stinkfinger Lipschitz
Mega Moderator

December 24, 2008 07:11PM
Merry Christmas everyone!!

I wish everyone and their families good cheer.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
William Ralph Inge

TANSTAAFL
Lurch
Eric Burmeister
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda Protege

December 25, 2008 01:00AM
I gotta share this with youse guys.

Kirsten, Missy's daughter, wrote a letter to Santa tonight. She's 8 years old now. I've been a part of her life since she was 4. I know she's hearing from kids at school that Santa isn't real and all, but here's what she wrote out on a little sheet of paper without any encouragement and left with milk and two of my dark chocolates for the ol' man.

Dear Santa,
This milk is for you. Sorry we didn't get you cookeys. We didn't have time because we had a lot going on. We left the tree on for you. Do you like our tree? I hope you do! Thank you for the presents. I hope I got alot. I have one wish. My wish is for everybody to have a good and happy Christmas. You have a happy Christmas too. P.S. I believe in you. Your friend Kirsten. These chocolates are for you!!

I read the part about her one wish and got kinda choked up. Here's what Santa wrote back, in cursive, cuz she's never seen my cursive writing, and I don't write that way very often.

Dearest Kirsten,

Thank you for the milk and chocolates. How did you know that I like chocolate so much?

Your tree is one of the prettiest ones I have seen tonight! One of my helpers told me that YOU picked this tree out! You did a fine job!

I left a few gifts for you and your Mom and Eric.

Kirsten, your wish for happiness is such a sweet and pure wish. Bless you for such a fine wish. Even dear old Santa wishes for happiness and peace on ALL of the Earth. We shall never stop believing that it is possible.

Thank you dear one for being so good this year.

Love,
Santa Claus

Just thought I'd share. Can't wait til morning.

Merry Christmas,
Lurch

Lurch
Eric Burmeister
The west coast...of Michigan
heymagic
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

December 25, 2008 02:07AM
I remember the "little kid" Xmas times, Brent will be 20 on Dec 28th. It's still fun but I think he is starting to question if Santa is real, but not too loudly just in case.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

December 25, 2008 01:45PM
awww, that's sweet, kids are so cute

my aunt called last night to let us know she got her christmas wish, electricity, after being out for so many days and using her neighbors generator

this morning my mom and I went out to breakfast, I think we were the only ones there that had power (hers came back on this morning, but had been on the night before for a few hours and on and off during the past few days) the old couple next to us had been out for 4 days and staying at a hotel, and the couple across from us had been out for 5, and both said theirs had just come back on this morning for the first time

so, santa, thanks for getting the power back on in time for christmas for so many people, they may not be able to get together with their families, but at least they can get warm again and have hot meals

Dante
Allan Dantes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
87 Mazda LSRX-7

December 26, 2008 01:44PM
That's nice Sir Lurch. I have a similar story with my nine year old "adopted" daughter. I wanted to thank you, and your family for the nice banner you and your mother gave me at LSPR. It has been displayed proudly all over the U.P. and driven down Jake Himes' Driveway at the Wisconsin Winter Rallye in Solon Springs. Thanks again.

Owner, Driver, Head Mechanic, and Janitor at Tower City Race Team, headquartered near L'Anse. Michigan.
Driver / CoDriver in Rally America, NASARallySport, ARA, AMS, UPMDA, Champ Off Road

https://www.facebook.com/TowerCityRaceTeam/
https://www.instagram.com/towercityraceteam/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login