Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Morons...
August 06, 2010 04:06PM
One of my favorite..or unfavorite..peeves, just this morning on a test drive the stupid driver in front of me starts a 130* left hand turn off, brakes and then signals. Turn signals should be an indication of what you are going to do, not an confirmation of what you just did.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Professional Moderator

Re: Morons...
August 06, 2010 07:16PM
"And turn, brake and signal"

"Oh yeah,... I did that"

I personally hate the people that STOP at the yield signs where they merge into multi lane roads and there is a LANE FOR THE MERGE LANE, so there is almost NEVER traffic coming, so a quick glance up the road (the yield part) is all you need.

I'm bringing the horn back. haha

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
SgtRauksauff
Jorden
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
whichever one i happen to be driving at the time

August 07, 2010 11:53AM
#1: people not signalling at all. they should just be punched repeatedly, in hopes that the percussive impact will fix whatever trauma was done to their brains in the past.

#2: people who are in the lane that ends, who do not signal to merge or even acknowledge that their lane ends. They just keep driving, and expect people to move for them. I've had the extreme pleasure of running TWO SUV's into the gravel/ditch at such points, in my little Mazdog 323. If you don't signal, how am I supposed to know that you want to occupy the same space that I'm in (and have the legal right-of-way?)

#3: People who will drive 50 in a 25, inside town. But when they get to the highway outside of town, they will NOT go above 53mph. It really takes an iron will to not give them a PIT maneuver.

unfortunately, I have to deal with this crap several times a day, every day.

But, since there's now EIGHT roundabouts on heavily traveled roads now, that before had ZERO (all new in the last four months), the people who can't understand the difference between a yield sign and a stop sign, or the people who don't understand what 'right turn only' signs mean are quickly rising to the top of that list.

People are SO effin' stupid these days. I really really really wish that something could be done to make people understand that driving a motor vehicle is a Privilege, NOT a right, and that using a vehicle requires the payment of ATTENTION!!!!

--sarge

---** To be in compliance with the Anarchy **---
Jorden R. Kleier
Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA
1990 Mazdog Protege 4WD
Haztoys
David Rodgers
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
90 Mitsu truck ..And needing something new just not sure what..???

August 07, 2010 07:03PM
I have a friend who is AZ Highway patrol and in one of my "Cops suck" rants..

He said (he is old school)

" I wish there was a "Driving with your head up your ass ticket." ..He could write .. He said he would just and could write them all day ....And not speeding tickets unless your a complete Moron ..

Some moron made a lift on me from the right line today in a roundabout ...I ended up going around the roundabout... I called him a whole lot worse then moron..
Pete
Pete Remner
Senior Moderator

August 07, 2010 10:15PM
SgtRauksauff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> #1: people not signalling at all. they should
> just be punched repeatedly, in hopes that the
> percussive impact will fix whatever trauma was
> done to their brains in the past.

95% of the time, it's a leather-lined wheelbarrow.

The other 5%, it's someone with far-right leaning political bumper stickers all over it. (That, or "keep my flag off of your foreign car" on something made in Canada or Mexico)

>
> #3: People who will drive 50 in a 25, inside
> town. But when they get to the highway outside of
> town, they will NOT go above 53mph. It really
> takes an iron will to not give them a PIT
> maneuver.

WTF is PIT?

I do find a disturbing correlation between people who stop a full car length into the intersection, and people who take three blocks to accelerate up to speed.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
SgtRauksauff
Jorden
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:

August 07, 2010 11:13PM
Wikipedia entry for PIT Maneuver

basically the reason why cop cars have big bumpers. just sort of gently bump them in the back bumper, and spin them out...

--sarge

Jorden R. Kleier
Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA
1990 Mazdog Protege 4WD
cossunist
Stephane Hanna
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
what rally car?

August 21, 2010 12:08AM
There is a special place in hell reserved for (or maybe they come from) people who stop before entering a roundabout regardless of the presence of other vehicles (or usually the lack thereof), but who'll blow stop signs all day long.
I have no problem passing those people on the right, entering a roundabout, on my scooter.
Tom B
Tom B
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
VW Golf

August 23, 2010 09:59AM
Haztoys
I have a friend who is AZ Highway patrol and in one of my "Cops suck" rants..

He said (he is old school)

" I wish there was a "Driving with your head up your ass ticket." ..He could write .. He said he would just and could write them all day ....And not speeding tickets unless your a complete Moron ..

That's still new school for us....It's easier to prove speeding than inattention, luckily we have negligent driving which pretty much covers everything else.

I would like to see Germanesque licensing.....a license that is challenging to get and involves some sort of skill and aptitude.

-Tom
DemonRallyTeam | Fine Tuning | CTS Turbo & RP Turbos | RalleyTuned | JRM | Meister Autowerks
Spitfire EFI | Product Apparel | JVAB Imports | NLS | AP Tuning | USRT

Add us on Facebook | Next Event: 2013 Olympus Rally June 22-23 Olympia, WA
SgtRauksauff
Jorden
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:

August 23, 2010 11:34AM
I agree, more stringent driving tests, that test skill and aptitude rather than rote memorization.

And I think it would be a good plan to somehow give people a REASON for wanting to know how to drive better, like a financial discount on insurance for those who can navigate an obstacle course. Maybe something like a shooting range with pop-up dummies, but for driving. Or just video proof of competition in autocross, with clean runs and 'proper' autoX speeds.

That still won't prove that a person pays attention on the road, and uses signals, and practices common road etiquette, though.

I wish the cops would pull over the people that actually cause the accidents and consistently act negligent on the road, rather than harassing someone with an old import car with a rattle in the exhaust and no front license plate.

And instead of harassing said small-car guy with fix-it tickets, how about generating some revenue from the people with huge loud open pipes/headers on their motorcycles and illegally lifted trucks with illegally wide tires and illegally tinted windows?

--sarge

Jorden R. Kleier
Baraboo, Wisconsin, USA
1990 Mazdog Protege 4WD
JediTalen
Michael Charlton
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1999 F150 Sweep Truck

November 16, 2010 12:58AM
SgtRauksauff
I
And instead of harassing said small-car guy with fix-it tickets, how about generating some revenue from the people with huge loud open pipes/headers on their motorcycles and illegally lifted trucks with illegally wide tires and illegally tinted windows?--sarge

Hey now let's leave the Sweep Truck out of this...
Pete
Pete Remner
Senior Moderator

November 16, 2010 04:29PM
cossunist
There is a special place in hell reserved for (or maybe they come from) people who stop before entering a roundabout regardless of the presence of other vehicles (or usually the lack thereof

They have stop signs here.

Yes, I know this defeats the purpose of a roundabout.

There's also at least one on-ramp to I-90 that has a stop sign at the end of it. Wish I could take a pic of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 04:30PM by Pete.
Francois
Francois Poirier
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Open class Laser RS (RIP), 242 GT on the way!

November 17, 2010 07:26AM
Pete
There's also at least one on-ramp to I-90 that has a stop sign at the end of it. Wish I could take a pic of it.

Saw that once too, I think it was in Mass. How the hell are you supposed to get on the highway with a 1.0l 3 cyl geo metro with 4 adults in it if you have to go from a stop???

Francois
Brianrc
Brian Cary
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Mercedes 260E- Rally car in spirit

November 17, 2010 02:53PM
Well I for one am glad that we have some sense of rule following in the US, because my visit to Jordan has seen nothing of the sort.

Hell I've only seen the turn signal used twice here in 9 days, everyone drives down the center of the road, and *Maybe* turns on their headlights at night.
frumby
Jason Hynd
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4TI a slow build!

November 17, 2010 07:13PM
I was impressed recently by Italian drivers. They don't follow the rules at all. Not only did I drive, but I rode my bicycle hundreds of miles, both in the country and fast through the middle of busy cities (with roundabouts). I would've been killed here in the states. American drivers substitute 'law following' for common sense and situational awareness. I have driven in some Middle East countries though, and they really do suck!
alkun
Albert Kun
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

November 19, 2010 06:00PM
Hmm, Italians, my cousin was 8 months pregnant and was driving up a twisty 2 lane road in Italy, a guy was hauling ass the other way, eating up the whole road, apex to apex, looses it and hits her head on. He jumps out of the car and starts yelling at her "You could see I was out of control, why didn't you get out of my way?"

Of course, if you want to see some truely stunning driving, take a trip to Hungary...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login