Posted by john vanlandingham 
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Opel waiting to become a rally car
June 26, 2006 11:05PM
Here's a link, the guys smokin crack but could be good.

And these are tooooo easy to make fast.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/175814652.html

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Scott Manley
Scott Manley
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4Ti

Re: Opel waiting to become a rally car
June 27, 2006 12:31AM
Should I call Dick F. down in Moscow? I think he still has one or two. I keep seeing a decent looking one parked outside the Taco Time in Colfax. Never seen a for sale sign though.

And thanks for the help with the importation question. He got the thing home Sunday after a 8 hour drive. For a Honda it aint that bad looking. It's a station wagon. It has some motor from an 83' Accord and disk brakes (all around) and wheels from some 90's Type R thingy. Not bad for a 78' wagon, kinda looks like a stretched Mini Cooper.

Scott Manley
Spokane, WA
86' XR4Ti
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

Re: Opel waiting to become a rally car
June 27, 2006 12:24PM
A friend had an orange "Rally Manta" with a black rally stripe. A couple of years back, we thought of putting it together but it needed too much sheet metal work that we gave up on it. Finally it ended up in the junk yard sad smiley You could have pulled a Flintstone and braked with your feet either from the floorboard or from the front firewall/wheel well area.
Eventhough they are great cars it is difficult to get parts for em here and they tend to be rust buckets...
Some time ago I saw an SCCA track car that was for sale which was very clean and the guy was asking $6500 for it.Unless you find a very clean example (chasis/bodywise) I would stay away from it...
Another friend of mine owns a very clean, 71 red GT with webers which has been sitting in his garage on jackstands for about 10 years. Me and a bunch of friends have been trying to convince him to finish the suspension conversion but doesn't care for it... (Probably one of the better cars still around)

Oscar

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login