Posted by DR1665 
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

Anyone in Denver?
September 18, 2006 11:19AM
I know. I know. I've been here long enough to know that Grant and the rest of the No Coast team is in Denver, but I couldn't think of a clever title so bite me.

My girlfriend and I are planning to be in Denver the weekend of November 1st (Weds) through the 5th (Sun) for our 1 year anniversary. November 4th marks a year we've been dating and I fully plan on popping the question atop Pike's Peak (as far up as we can getm, weather permitting) that Saturday afternoon.

I can almost hear the groaning from guys out there now. "Oh man! What are you doing?" LOL It's cool. I've been through this all before and I'm sure of my decision.

In any case, we should be crashing with some friends out that way and I think it would be cool to meet up with some of the local rally nuts if at all possible. Even if just for a couple beers at the local establishment.

This is all a few weeks out, but I'd like to throw it out there just in case. Let me know?

Cheers.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Anyone in Denver?
September 18, 2006 12:23PM
Mount Evans is higher and open all the way to the top year round as an alternative.

We always have something going on. Checkpoint Racing should be a definite stop though. www.cp-racing.com

Also maybe a drop in at Dynamic Performance in Pueblo on your way up. By far the most impressive shop in the region. They've built two complete STI's this year from start to finish with just two of them, plus run a full auto dealership. Huge new shop (like 5000 sq. ft.) that they had built. Usually cool cars hanging around too, like stock cars, sick street cars, and the like.

The new No Coast house is quickly turning into where I am always.

Grant Hughes
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

September 18, 2006 02:39PM
Did I see a pictures of an off-road testing facility with a caption, "Drive all day for $20?" Um... Very cool. Looks like a bitchin place to stop in for a visit.

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 18, 2006 03:08PM
You'd see lots of videos of it at nocoastmotorsports.net. The place is called CORE (Colorado Off Road Extreme).

Grant Hughes
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

September 18, 2006 06:50PM
NoCoast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You'd see lots of videos of it at
> nocoastmotorsports.net.

I've seen many videos from NoCoast. I got out there on YouTube and searched for it. I must have watched the Gold Camp stuff a hundred times. That Audi hits the slope at full-on ludicrous speed, imo. OMG. (But I was still stoked to see the GVR4 tearing it up as well.)

You guys do a lot of hill climbing out there? Pikes Peak is one of my favorite places to be in all the world, so I was insanely jealous of you guys getting to camp out up there and watch the race this summer.

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 19, 2006 09:11AM
I got to drive the Audi at Gold Camp. That car was how I'd imagine a Group B car to be. It's been fully dismantled and parts went between three different people.

Grant Hughes
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

September 19, 2006 01:43PM
NoCoast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got to drive the Audi at Gold Camp. That car
> was how I'd imagine a Group B car to be. It's
> been fully dismantled and parts went between three
> different people.

So that was you at the wheel? Holee shitballs. That thing was just flying. Towards the beginning there is a change of camera angles and it looks as if that thing was about to sail right off the edge, when it just careens down the road. I love watching that video.

Dismantled, eh? In a way it's cool that something like that car can live on through others, but it's still sad to hear that I'll never get to see it run. tongue sticking out smiley

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 20, 2006 10:04AM
I was codriving in all the video. They had a mechanics race at the end, which is mostly just drivers in friend's vehicles. I won it as well.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login