Posted by heymagic 
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

2nd chances...
January 01, 2012 09:29PM
Sometimes life throws a curve and it turns into a 360....

When Brent was a senior he sold his Impreza wagon and we bought him an '02 Cavalier LS Sport. 2.2 Ecotek, factory body kit, Millenium yellow, one owner(female) 20k car. We paid retail and were happy to find it due to the condition and history. So over the years we lowered it, custom seats, wheels, stripes, '03 upgraded engine, factory supercharger kit and a bunch of other mods. $20k easily. Car has taken Brent thru hi school, college, several driving schools, a couple first place car shows, Honda beat down at Pacific Raceways and never hiccuped.

So a couple weeks ago he decides to sell the Cavy and his nice 87 Civic Si and get a Honda Fit. Well he sells the Honda pretty quickly and then a neighbor of his GF wants to buy the Cavy because she likes the color. Paid good money for it. We all missed the car honestly. So tonite she texts Brent and asks him to list the car on CL because she just can't figure how to drive a stick. 4 weeks I guess. I told him to tell her we'd buy it back for XXXX...$2500 less than she paid for it. He thought I was kidding but I said ask her. She said OK and we went and got the car back. 306 miles more on it from her mom driving it to work. Looks pretty frickin nice back in the garage....
Please Login or Register to post a reply
bknblk2
Tony Wood
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Citation "Oskar"

Re: 2nd chances...
January 01, 2012 10:19PM
Rented it to her for $2500...nice!

306 miles on the odo, 30,600 miles on the clutch smiling smiley but all and all, it doesn't sound like a clutch job would be more than a lazy sunday job for you guys.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 01, 2012 11:06PM
Gene I owned three different timesd the same turd green 73 Saab 96
Somebody gave it to me, I threw a gearbox and motor in , drove it for a few moths, sold it for $1200, 2 years later the boy did something, and gave it back, fixed it drove it for a while, sold it aagin,, 12 months later the guy was moving so he just gace it back, put a fresheded up motor in and drove it for 5-6 months sold it again. Must have made like $3300-3400 for about a gasket set. It was called, ironically enough "The Green Turd"

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

January 02, 2012 09:40AM
I bought an 85 jetta sitting in someones side yard for $400. Cleaned it up a bit, added some fun parts, but no more than $200 outta my pocket, Lots of trading. Sold it to my cousin for $1k who sold it a month later to another family member for $1200, sold to a family friend about 2 months later for $1400 and finally sold to another cousin for $1500. Last cousin over torqued a spark plug and punched it out of the cylinder and through the hood about two weeks after buying it. I bought it off him for $400 helicoiled the plug, replaced the hood and sold it for $1400.

I regretted selling that car both times.
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

January 13, 2012 01:40AM
The famous Green Turd. I think that was the first 96 I ever drove, out in the woods near North Bend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login