Advanced

cautionary tale....

Posted by heymagic 
Pete
Pete Remner
Godlike Moderator

Re: cautionary tale....
April 19, 2012 09:09PM
Didn't he have a problem in Better Than Life where he was a phenomenally rich person whose company folded for some reason that I can't remember, and since he was only leasing his Solidgram body from is company, it was repossessed and he wound up in some prostitute's body and he fucked up Lister's perfect world?

Life's like a joss-stick. It stinks, and then it's over.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Gravel Spray
-------------------------------------------------
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
-------------------------

April 19, 2012 10:46PM
heymagic
Pete....really?? Lund out?? Someone asked the other day what he was even doing there, I didn't have an answer.

Thats what I heard. I asked the same "what was he even doing there" question to an employee, I got a blank stare...a pause....and a "oh, he designed the graphix package for Chris Duplisiisiiiissssis's R2 in the WRC Acadamy". Obviously he wasn't a integral part of the operation.

Lund, along with Bob Morris did sell the whole deal to Rimmer. Don't know what Lunds deal was with the ching part of it or whatever but that Morris guy was a real piece of work. Everytime he openned his mouth bullshit oozed out. There's a lot of bad blood(and lawsuits) going on between locals, the city, and county, and the company, most of which came about due to the statments made early on by those two. Then the shannigans around the GRC event, and resulting king county "emergancy motion" to allow the event to happen without a traffic or enviromental studies...which then turned into annexation..... that included a sneaky zoning change slipped in.... which turned the place which "was" a dirty industrial site, superfund I believe, to retail, light industrial, and r-e-$-i-d-e-n-c-i-a-l.

I'd think it's safe to say that once the annexation is complete and the economy turns around the school will move and the site will become an "urban village". The school can't even hope to break a mill a year if it's dialed, but an "urban village", similar sized sites have yanked 200 mill.
derek
Derek Bottles
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Past: 323, RX2, GTI. Next up M3 ?

May 03, 2012 10:13AM
Gravel Spray

I'd think it's safe to say that once the annexation is complete and the economy turns around the school will move and the site will become an "urban village". The school can't even hope to break a mill a year if it's dialed, but an "urban village", similar sized sites have yanked 200 mill.

The possible sales price of the land is only one factor, the ongoing property tax revenue of a $300,000 single family home is ~$3,000 a year So 1000 acres zoned for one home per 10,000 sq feet = 4350 homes times $3k = $13,050,000 in tax revenue for ever - growing with or above CPI. A retail complex with say $100,000,000 in sales produces $10,000,000 in sales tax revenue, so include a spot in the middle for a home depot, Starbucks, gas station or two etc. This is why cities and counties are mostly pro growth regardless of what they may say in the news.

Oh do not forget the Real Estate Transfer tax on the new homes of $25M and the sales tax on construction for another $60M in revenue for the County/ City.

In the long run reality always wins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login