Posted by m7stic 
m7stic
Nicholas Kroll
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur XR4Ti

speaking of yugos...
August 11, 2012 08:55PM
This is another one of those "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" projects.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3156645186.html

Nicholas and his '86 XR4Ti
Please Login or Register to post a reply
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: speaking of yugos...
August 11, 2012 10:58PM
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 12, 2012 01:19AM
heymagic

On this day the Republican Corporate shill and all round religious whacko announces his "more-of-the-same-what-we've-been-doing-to-you-allready" Vice Presidential running mate, a quote from another genius Republican VP:

What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.
Dan Quayle
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/danquayle163724.html#fBoULK7JVhFsR71z.99

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

August 13, 2012 08:46PM
john vanlandingham
heymagic

On this day the Republican Corporate shill and all round religious whacko announces his "more-of-the-same-what-we've-been-doing-to-you-allready" Vice Presidential running mate, a quote from another genius Republican VP:

What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.
Dan Quayle
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/danquayle163724.html#fBoULK7JVhFsR71z.99

We don't do politics much here but John you're a fucking genius on this one! As bad as McCain/Palin could have been..Romney/Ryan makes them look like a good choice.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 13, 2012 09:08PM
heymagic
john vanlandingham
heymagic

We don't do politics much here but John you're a fucking genius on this one! As bad as McCain/Palin could have been..Romney/Ryan makes them look like a good choice.

With the whole country's financial sytstem within 'a couple of hours" of complete collapse after decades of one side screaming "de-regulate deregulate!!!, perhaps we should do a little more politics.

(On that note, you're old enough to remember some of this: deregulated steel---and they all went bankrupt, deregulated railroads, and they all went broke, deregulated airlines, and they all went broke, deregulated Savings and Loans and, yep 1000s went broke and hundreds of billions of investors money was "lost", but that wasn't enough, deregulated banks, they made trillions, and they went broke...)

Maybe when you have 250 million dollars salted away in off-shore accounts, maybe the near-collapse of the financial system doesn't resonate.
But I know I'm at about 50% of the sales level I was before the collapse of '08, so "more of the same" doesn't seem like a very bright idea.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

August 13, 2012 10:17PM
Politics?

All I know is my mortgage is 875, and my (high-deductible, mostly unfunded HSA) family health insurance is about 1150. Less than three months of health insurance is more than my homeowners, auto, and life insurance COMBINED for the year.

Hopey-changey Chicago Mafia Political Machine seems SLIGHTLY less bad than Vulture Capitalist 21st Century Robber Barons, although at least the Repugnantgoons let you keep your guns so you can [redacted] them later if they get too far out of line. At least with the mafia you know you're dealing with organized crime. winking smiley

I dunno, my dad has a friend with a business of about 90 employees who have "meh" healthcare benefits not unlike mine (better than WalMart, a lot worse than government), and this person alleges that ObamaCare leaves him the options of close the business, incur an insurmountable health insurance increase which will likely bankrupt the company, or fire the 40 employees over the limit of 50 and make the business smaller and rely on "contractors" to fill the gaps. But this is just one anecdote. I do know there will be a certain point where a $900 tax penalty will seem less bad than paying my Anthem bill.

I'd like to [redacted] most members of congress because this healthcare law is horseshit, nothing more than regurgitated Nixoncare/Clintoncare/Dolecare/Gingrichcare/Romneycare. Unless you're lucky enough to have a Cadillac (more like a Lexus or 7-series Bimmer) health insurance plan paid for by your Vulture Capital firm or hedge fund, you're better off with something like a single payer or otherwise "socialized" (OMG, we're the USSR!!!!) health care plan.

The whole friggin' system is so corrupt that I can totally understand where "tax protesters" are coming from, but more because we don't get sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt from the taxes we pay other than a bunch of Homeland Insecurity, Thousands Standing Around, and Military Industrial Complex waste on tanks and fighters we don't need (for the most part).

OK, enough PBR fueled ranting, I want to see that Yugo do a wheelie.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
m7stic
Nicholas Kroll
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur XR4Ti

August 13, 2012 10:20PM
John, you tricky commie... you're trying too hard to get this proud capitalist on a rant smiling smiley Comparisons of supposed 'deregulation' to perestroika aside...

I honestly enjoy finding this kind of insane project for sale on CL. It shows not only a "it can be done" attitude but surprising ingenuity some times. Of course you need to disregard that not only will people come up with wacky and unfeasible ideas/creations, but people are often eager to buy them.

Nicholas and his '86 XR4Ti
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

August 13, 2012 10:55PM
Our whole gubment is just too many millionaires looking out for them selves and their buddies. Too many law degrees, too much ego, too much party loyalty, too much standing around bitching about the other guys doing shit wrong and none of them do anything right. Unfortunately we once again get to vote for the lesser evil rather than the better candidate. Things will get a bit better after election, they always do, but we're a long ways from turning this around and that won't change real soon I'm afraid.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 13, 2012 11:25PM
fiasco
I dunno, my dad has a friend with a business of about 90 employees who have "meh" healthcare benefits not unlike mine (better than WalMart, a lot worse than government), and this person alleges that ObamaCare leaves him the options of close the business, incur an insurmountable health insurance increase which will likely bankrupt the company, or fire the 40 employees over the limit of 50 and make the business smaller and rely on "contractors" to fill the gaps. But this is just one anecdote. I do know there will be a certain point where a $900 tax penalty will seem less bad than paying my Anthem bill.

More than likely that friend is just spouting off rhetoric that comes from too much Rush on the radio.

I'm fucking flabbergasted though. We've already received bills equally more than $18k for the childbirth experience. How the fuck do regular people pay these things?

Grant Hughes
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

August 13, 2012 11:38PM
NoCoast
fiasco

More than likely that friend is just spouting off rhetoric that comes from too much Rush on the radio.

I'm fucking flabbergasted though. We've already received bills equally more than $18k for the childbirth experience. How the fuck do regular people pay these things?

Holy shit...difficulties or a normal birth?
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:

August 13, 2012 11:40PM
NoCoast
fiasco

Which Rush? The one who takes too many pain pills, or the one who's drummer recently said Republicans cannot possibly be Christians? winking smiley

Oh, our first was several grand out of pocket on my shitty Home Despot health care plan (was a c-section due to 97% head trying to pass through 50% pelvis...), then after I became a stay at home daddy, we ended up legally gaming the system on the advice of our insurance agent on number 2 by buying in on a "corporate" plan through my wife's business at 6 months pregnant, which we changed to a shitty plan after the kid was born...otherwise we would've been out five grand or so. You do what you've gotta do...

But by and large, the "pain and suffering" we've gone through to deal with health insurance in the past five years should get us eleventy billion dollars if you can get a million from spilling your McDonald's drive thru coffee on your lap. And that doesn't even count the stuff with my wife's mom and dying from cancer and her grandma from still being alive....

I hope the insurance company picks up all the bills on Annika's birth!

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:

August 13, 2012 11:41PM
heymagic
NoCoast
fiasco

Holy shit...difficulties or a normal birth?

Not these days...figure $20 large for a few days stay in the hospital to bring a new one into the world, and let's not talk about if you need a c-section.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 14, 2012 12:31AM
Yeah, not C-section, ended up having to get epidural and pitocin but only one day/night in labor then 24 hours or so in recovery and we went home.
Insurance is thankfully paying for some stuff. I estimate we'll end up with around $7500 or so though that we'll have to pay for.

Grant Hughes
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

August 14, 2012 01:30AM
Jeebus, that is bad. I think Brent cost me about $100 23 years ago, much more since then....

Being self employed I have policies for myself and Brent.I think I pay about $600 for the two of us for pretty good coverage somehow. The wife actually has crappier insurance thru her employer (a bank).

Andrew, you never need to apologize for working the system to beat insurance or medical care. Both industries are rife with waste, corruption and abuse. Attaboy for getting something out of them.
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

August 14, 2012 09:30AM
The yugo needs to run the $2013 challenge
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login