Advanced

My check to the NRA is in the mail

Posted by Jens 
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

My check to the NRA is in the mail
December 26, 2012 05:35PM
Never thought I would rejoin the NRA, but as the saying goes "never say never".

The check is in the mail as of 12/26/12.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: My check to the NRA is in the mail
December 26, 2012 05:37PM
Why did you rejoin?
Are the scare tactics working on you apparently?

Grant Hughes
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

December 26, 2012 05:41PM
NoCoast
Why did you rejoin?
Are the scare tactics working on you apparently?

Are you asking a question, or are you making a statement?
alkun
Albert Kun
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

December 26, 2012 06:26PM
so wait, you send money to the NRA because all those kids got shot?

shit I already wish I hadn't writen that. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 07:12PM by alkun.
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

December 26, 2012 06:35PM
alkun

No. I joined because the my Connecticut representatives are ASSAULTING law abiding gun owners. Next will be your first amendment rights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 06:42PM by Jens.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 26, 2012 06:53PM
Jens
alkun

No. I joined because the my Connecticut representatives are ASSAULTING law abiding gun owners. Next will be your first amendment rights.

If they're assaulting you, then man up, Jens! You're armed! Go defend yourself! Kill them! It's you, or them One against all and all against one..

Since you're part of a Militia, just like the Second reads, go water the tree of Liberty with the blood of Tyrants..

We'll read all about it...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

December 26, 2012 07:08PM
I choose to use my first amendment rights to defend my second amendment rights.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 26, 2012 07:11PM
Jens
alkun

How are the doing that and what does joining the nra accomplish? Calling and writing your reps would be more successful.

Grant Hughes
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

December 26, 2012 07:19PM
Started with writting. Followed with NRA membership. Followed with more writting. Will continue as required.
alkun
Albert Kun
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

December 26, 2012 07:41PM
Jens
alkun

I really should just let this be, but I missed the ASSUALTING in the news? are they threatening bodily harm?

or are they calling them assault rifles even though they don't go full auto...
heymagic
Banned
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

December 26, 2012 08:43PM
Don't be pickin on Jens, I re-signed up a couple days ago myself. NRA is well over 130 years old. They not only lobby to protect 2nd amendment rights but educate, support shooting programs, police and military support and just a bunch of stuff. While I think the CEO is someone who should stay off the teley , I think they do mostly good things. Someone needs to step up an defend the millions of gun owners who are responsible law abiding citizens. People tend not to write letters unless they are emotionally vested. Unfortunately that will for many gun owners be after guns are outlawed. Cuomo is talking confiscation already. Proactive rather than inactive will be a huge part of the upcoming he said/she said battles.
alkun
Albert Kun
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

December 26, 2012 10:56PM
I dont mean to be picking on anyone, we're all friend here, but if you post it in OT, its going to get commented on..

I believe we should have the right to own guns, not sure why, but seems logical, lots of things need to be shot holes in. Its the reactionary back and forth that bums me out. the response from the terrible mass murder is a bunch of nasty political wrangling that doesn't address the issue. The absolute possitions on either side: no guns at all (seems unlikely in the US) , or no regulation on gun ownership at all (?) just don't make sense. Seems like an shining example of the anti-logic no-comprimise situation that politics as reached.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 26, 2012 11:28PM
alkun
I dont mean to be picking on anyone, we're all friend here, but if you post it in OT, its going to get commented on..

I believe we should have the right to own guns, not sure why, but seems logical, lots of things need to be shot holes in. Its the reactionary back and forth that bums me out. the response from the terrible mass murder is a bunch of nasty political wrangling that doesn't address the issue. The absolute possitions on either side: no guns at all (seems unlikely in the US) , or no regulation on gun ownership at all (?) just don't make sense. Seems like an shining example of the anti-logic no-comprimise situation that politics as reached.

That is what I was ultimately trying to illustrate with my "compromise" suggestion and "strict interpretation of founders intent" to allow ownership---of what they envisioned..

But in the absolutists way of things the overt suggestion of a compromise was ignored and drowned out with hoo ha and posturing...
As always...

And the same, tired, "2 seconds to demonstrate false Email-junk mail " stuff.

too much dogma asserted by too many people who are too ignorant and too arrogant...

How did Dr. Science put it?
"There is a thin line between ignorance and arrogance," he says, "and only I have managed to erase that line." Dr. Science

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 11:28PM by john vanlandingham.
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

December 26, 2012 11:53PM
alkun

Sounds like every political issue in the past decade! Nobody wants to compromise...it's my way or the highway, and eff the rest of you in the eh, without lube.

Maybe Grant was right, we should have elected Willard to get the second civil war started and break the country up into West Coast, East Coast, and JesusLand.

I think the [imperfect, but the perfect is the enemy of the good] solution is (at least) two pronged: First, get a healthcare system that doesn't suck, and doesn't look at mental health issues like a KKK member looks at a non-caucasian person. Good gawd, if you're self-employed, something as simple and acute as post-partum depression can cost you tens of thousands of dollars to keep some shitty health insurance, let alone a good policy.

Second, we need to look at competency training for firearms. If you want a concealed carry permit, or want to use weapons with large magazines, learn how to use and store your weapons properly and practice, practice, practice...maybe something like firearms qualifications for police. If you don't want to take the time to stay sharp with using your high-capacity weapon, you aren't the person who should have one. The armchair Paul Kerseys need to learn the real responsibility that comes with owning lethal weapons.

Yeah, that will piss off the National Redneck Association who wants every moron in the country to have 20 guns and 50,000 rounds of ammo stored up for when Biden comes to take all that shit away. It would also piss off the pinko commie liberals who think only the government should have firearms, but forget that the government is most dangerous when the ones like GW Bush and "if I only had a heart...holy shit I do now" Cheney who like to start illegal wars for personal profit are in charge.

So, is this bourbon fueled rant making any sense?

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
RWD4ME
Morten
Mega Moderator

December 27, 2012 12:42AM
Looks like they might need your cheque:

"UNITED NATIONS | Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:13pm EST

(Reuters) - The U.N. General Assembly voted overwhelmingly on Monday to restart negotiations on a draft international treaty to regulate the $70 billion global trade in conventional arms, a pact the powerful U.S. National Rifle Association has been lobbying hard against."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login