Posted by MattWatson 
MattWatson
Matt Watson
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Merkur

New water based rally stages
June 21, 2013 01:55PM
With the weather here in Alberta, I believe it is time to introduce a new type of rally... water based!

Sill raining, only 30% or so more rise in the rivers. I am on the top of a hill, so shouldn't be affected, Morrison is close, and should be OK too, but about 100000 people have been displaced in Calgary Alone. Its affecting a great portion of southern alberta including Bragg Creek, Canmore and Cochrane.

Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: New water based rally stages
June 21, 2013 01:57PM
Thanks, Harper.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 21, 2013 02:09PM
Oh dear, seems some bad blood up there. Here's some comments from The Star on the floods:
icecubesam
3 Hours Ago
Let us remember all those westerners who mocked Toronto when Lastman called in the army to help with snow removal. What's the big deal, Calgary? It's just a bit of water...
ShareReply
observer1
6 Hours Ago
The tar sands may be a mismanaged mess but it has nothing to do with the current rains. Of course the wing-nut response is typical. Let me see, it will be about 27 here in Mississauga today. IS that because of global warming or just because for MILLIONS of years Summer has started on June 21. Finally I lived in Alberta about 40 years ago when there was NO Tar Sands. In my 5 years there I saw SNOW in EVERY month of the year. How do the climate experts explain THAT ??
ShareReply
Robert W
7 Hours Ago
The liberal's warned us that a Conservative government would put the military into our cities.
ShareReply
icecubesam
3 Hours Ago
And see? We were right. Of course I can't help wondering if Harpo would have been so quick to dole out my cash if this had happened in Ontario or Quebec.
ShareReply
TheBigBopper
7 Hours Ago
But its not climate change, right Alberta? And certainly all that greenhouse gas from the oil sands has got nothing to do with it. It's the new world order, 100 year floods every 5 or 10 years. But it's not climate change, right, right wingers?
ShareReply
observer1
7 Hours Ago
How predictable, the climate change wing nuts always get their little bit of B.S. in. Lets see in Alberta is lots of water,,Climate Change. In Ontario the Great Lakes are Down, Climate Change and the silly list goes on and on and on. Has no one noticed that Gore no longer has anything to say because "Human Caused" global warming has been proven to NOT exist. Of course the climate changes but not because we drive cars. Listen to the news. They constantly say this is the "worst rainfall in so many years". That means years ago we had rainfalls like this. Why is it that no climate changers ever talk about history ? Answer,, because it would ruin their B.S. case. Here is a test for these people ( if they have the capacity to get educated). Find out what the Maunder Minimum was and what effect solar and cosmic radiation has on the earths climate.
ShareReply
SPAD XIII
7 Hours Ago
Well then what is it know it all.
ShareReply
don.colby.7
8 Hours Ago
Keep mining the tar sands Alberta!!! These floods have nothing to do with global warming. And don't forget to vote Conservative in the next election ... if you live that long.
ShareReplySo, yeah, I guess it really is Thanks Harpo.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Morison
Banned
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
(ex)86 RX-7(built), (ex)2.5RS (bought)

June 21, 2013 08:26PM
Yah, we're OK but know several people who have been evacuated and/or have suffered damage. At least one rally car submerged to the roof line and flooded home.
It's just insane around here, downtown shutdown, only one bridge crossing the Bow River is open...

Communities like Bragg Creek and High River devastated. (8' of water in downtown High River apparently) The Trans-Canada washed away near Canmore... any comparison to two and a half feet of snow (when Toronto called in the army) is ridiculous.

First Rally: 2001
Driver (7), Co-Driver (44)
Drivers (16)
Clerk (10), Official (7), Volunteer (4)
Cars Built (1), Engines Built (0) Cages Built (0)
Last Updated, January 4, 2015

john vanlandingham
Blame is for idiots. losers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login